User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: The end of grocery stores is near....

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    Nope don't have kids, but I can imagine I see the screamers at WM all the time, and just look at the moms in disbelief. They look like they are at their wits end sometimes. I would leave mine at home if I did have some, I want shopping to be as enjoyable as possible. Shopping with the bf isn't a treat either, he makes me feel like a child sometimes not letting me get stuff, rather go on my own.

I love kids but not the bratty ones

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    I love kids but not the bratty ones
    lol same here, I could go on but then I'd be going way off topic from the thread .
    We just had a walmart Supercentre open up here less than a yr ago, it's not really close to were I live anymore so we stick to the regular grocers and for fruit stick to the farmers market, they always have a good turnover of produce and the prices are just about as good as walmart
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

jaba- was yours a regular walmart before that? Mine just got enlarged.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

We just have a regular WM in our city but I was in the Supercenter in Bangor, Me and it was HUGE!!! I thought it was going to be great going there looking around but 2hrs later we still hadn't finished looking we finally said enough was enough and paid for our stuff and left, lol......The store has a separate entrance for grocery, home furnishings, outdoor and I think the other was fashion. I prefer going to the grocery store for groceries and WM/Zellers for my other stuff.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

We have just regular Walmarts in my area.

As for shopping with kids, I VERY rarely do so. My son generally gets to stay home with his daddy while I go shopping. Can't remember the last time I went grocery shopping with him.

We had to stop at Walmart with him this aft though, he needed new rubber boots and needed to try 'em on.

Z

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When we lived in Florida for part of last winter, we regularly shopped at WM for groceries. The produce was so fresh...the meats were exactly like you'd find at any grocery store...grade A+...and the prices were very good..at least...they matched the grocery chains like Winn-Dixie or Publix. AND very clean!
    Our local WM has some grocery and freezer foods, but nothing at all like in the US.
    Not that I love the US or anything, but as far as WM goes....I have to say the shopping experience was always a pleasure (as was the staff!).

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Not that I love the US or anything, but as far as WM goes....I have to say the shopping experience was always a pleasure (as was the staff!).
    Would you say your experience at canadian walmarts is much different? I find that WM has the most absent-minded cashiers, they make their own rules about coupons (benefiting the costumer) and don't give you hassles ever, at least this has been from my experience. About it being pleasant to shop there? I would have to disagree.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Would you say your experience at canadian walmarts is much different? I find that WM has the most absent-minded cashiers, they make their own rules about coupons (benefiting the costumer) and don't give you hassles ever, at least this has been from my experience. About it being pleasant to shop there? I would have to disagree.
    I cross the border regularly to shop. One of my usual stops is the new WM SC on Niagara Falls Blvd in Buffalo, NY and it is like night and day compared to the Canadian ones. The selection is at least 3 times what it is here, the aisles are nice and wide, and as mentioned, the groceries are fresh.... almost comparable to a loblaws/metro here. In fact, I'd say better. Haven't met a grumpy cashier yet, but I haven't used a coupon there to find out.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

, we travel to the US at some point in time every year and I'm sorry to say, but whether it's WM or a restaurant chain, the service is far superior to the service here in Canada. It always baffles us....it's "sir", "ma'am", a pleasant (not forced) smile...we have no idea why! Even in chain stores, my fave being Macy's....they absolutely go out of their way to find you what you're looking for! In Canada, we'd be lucky to FIND anyone to serve us, nevermind having them POINT in the right direction! It's really infuriating! I'd rather approach a cosmetic's counter at Macy's than Sears! Here they act like THEY'RE superior to those of us who shop there! Like....you're a SALESPERSON, lady! Not a surgeon!!! Don't get me wrong...nothing wrong with salespersons, I was one once myself, but geez! Get off that high horse!!!!
    Love shopping in the US! It's a drag in Canada....
    Momof3girlies likes this.

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

jaba- was yours a regular walmart before that? Mine just got enlarged.
    nope it's completely new
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Nope don't have kids, but I can imagine I see the screamers at WM all the time, and just look at the moms in disbelief. They look like they are at their wits end sometimes. I would leave mine at home if I did have some, I want shopping to be as enjoyable as possible. Shopping with the bf isn't a treat either, he makes me feel like a child sometimes not letting me get stuff, rather go on my own.
    Hahha my boyfriend does that to me too! He also tries to rush me whenever he is at the grocery store with me. I prefer to take my time and stroll down all the aisles.

I really hate Wal Mart, but I have to confess that I do go there about once a month. Their prices are just too good to pass up, especially since we are on a pretty tight budget. I would love nothing more than to see them go down, but I know that's never going to happen. It really bothered me to see all the WMs get built everywhere over the past 10 years or so (resulting in the local stores losing a lot of their business), and it bothers me even more to see them all changing into Superstores now! Blah.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by me@t k@tie View Post
    Their prices are just too good to pass up, especially since we are on a pretty tight budget. I would love nothing more than to see them go down, but I know that's never going to happen. It really bothered me to see all the WMs get built everywhere over the past 10 years or so (resulting in the local stores losing a lot of their business), and it bothers me even more to see them all changing into Superstores now! Blah.
    haha definitely, they will never go down, especially having product now, they'll get bigger and bigger.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    , we travel to the US at some point in time every year and I'm sorry to say, but whether it's WM or a restaurant chain, the service is far superior to the service here in Canada. It always baffles us....it's "sir", "ma'am", a pleasant (not forced) smile...we have no idea why! Even in chain stores, my fave being Macy's....they absolutely go out of their way to find you what you're looking for! In Canada, we'd be lucky to FIND anyone to serve us, nevermind having them POINT in the right direction! It's really infuriating! I'd rather approach a cosmetic's counter at Macy's than Sears! Here they act like THEY'RE superior to those of us who shop there! Like....you're a SALESPERSON, lady! Not a surgeon!!! Don't get me wrong...nothing wrong with salespersons, I was one once myself, but geez! Get off that high horse!!!!
    Love shopping in the US! It's a drag in Canada....
    Couldn't agree with you more, althouogh I'd rather be Canadian than American any day!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more, althouogh I'd rather be Canadian than American any day!
    No doubt!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Same

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information