User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Hi gals, taking the hubby out for his bday this Saturday night in London, and wondered if anyone knew of a decent not outrageous priced place to go for dinner. Want to stay away from all the chain places, but something that serves full dinners for $20 and under each. Plan on going to the race track area, but willing to drive around.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

How about you sign up your hubby for Tony Roma's "Roma Rib Experts" at http://www.tonyromas.com/files/home.asp and they will send you an email that entitles him to a receive a free entree.

Happy Birthday to Hubby of Littlemoe0

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Under the Volcano - a kinda authentic mexican place that's really decorated in the theme. The prices are decent and the food is decent if you like that type of food. It's in downtown London. *seems like you can sign up for an email list and receive coupons*

Mongolian Grill is nice too, I think it might be a little more expensive but you can try to find a menu online (I couldn't) or call and ask. It's an interesting experience if you haven't been, and it's all you can eat so that's always good

Michael on Thames is a fancy place to have dinner, the prices are a little higher (depends what you'll be eating) but it's a nice atmosphere for a special dinner. Prices are found on their site.

I found this a while back, might help you out as well http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/360290
    Last edited by fire_earth_air; Thu, Oct 15th, 2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added more stuff
    Like FREE Gift Cards or PayPal?
    Join SwagBucks to win gift cards just by browsing the Internet or
    win $1 every day at Lead Prizes
    Please PM me after clicking the links above

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Thanks so muych gals, gonna check out all of these, gotta watch what I pick, his belly dosen't get along with spicy, but mine does, mmmmm. They all sound great.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tony's Pizza! They don't sell just pizza, but its right across from the race track! Its so delicious, and very filling. I highly recommend it!

Trading Score
    202 (100%)

Thanks London Mom, a friend of mine suggested there as well, and thought about it too. That might be the place, so close to where we are going and I heard it is awesome!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Your welcome Hope you guys have fun tonight!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I ordered from Tony's last week (first time) and had the WORST experience. I'm sure it doesn't happen a lot, but we ordered take out panzerottis and when I got home and took them out of the car I noticed that they were so greasey that it had all leaked out through the tinfoil all over my car seats- it was so gross and really hard to clean. It was so greasy that the panzerottis were MUSH, I called back to get new ones but they said the kitchen just closed, that reminded me that I still have to call back to speak with the manager about my situation, lol. I wasn't sure if it happens a lot of not because I usually order panzo from places that bake it- not deep fry. It was a horrible experience though, we couldn't even eat it. Also I asked for extra cheese and there was no cheese at all (and it still poured greasy goop everywhere, lol.) I also found it very expensive for the amount.

Well we are on topic, does anyone know any good Panzerotti spots in town? I loved LOVED LOVEDDDDD Skinny Pete's on Dundas Street East but it seems they have closed up shop. (Litterly the BEST panzerotti I have ever had!)

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know all about the Tony's grease! That's too bad that they were mushy. We've never had that problem.

We are in Byron so the Tony's near Quebec is too far from us. We always order panzerottis from Ianni's on Springbank which is another Tony's location. Whenever we order these they come wrapped in foil inside a cardboard box so I'm surprised they didn't put them in something else. Personally I don't like how greasy and doughy they are at the ends, but they are always filled to the brim with cheese and other toppings. I think we get larges and they are honestly the size of a football! DH slices them up and freezes them with the marinara sauce for his own frozen dinners.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

We go every year to Tony Roma's for DH's bday. They used to offer $18.99 coupon of the entree but have now changes it to $10 off. Still a great deal. You can just drop in and show id since the coupon is for the week of your bday.

I've heard great stuff from Tony's Pizza across from the tracks but yet have to try.

Boston Pizza has the 10 for $10 deal right now. DH took me last week and I was quite impressed.

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

bit late now, but they have a Buffet at the top of the fair at the race track...I have never been but have heard its good.

http://www.westernfair.com/race/top.html

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meguwo View Post
    I ordered from Tony's last week (first time) and had the WORST experience. I'm sure it doesn't happen a lot, but we ordered take out panzerottis and when I got home and took them out of the car I noticed that they were so greasey that it had all leaked out through the tinfoil all over my car seats- it was so gross and really hard to clean. It was so greasy that the panzerottis were MUSH, I called back to get new ones but they said the kitchen just closed, that reminded me that I still have to call back to speak with the manager about my situation, lol. I wasn't sure if it happens a lot of not because I usually order panzo from places that bake it- not deep fry. It was a horrible experience though, we couldn't even eat it. Also I asked for extra cheese and there was no cheese at all (and it still poured greasy goop everywhere, lol.) I also found it very expensive for the amount.

Well we are on topic, does anyone know any good Panzerotti spots in town? I loved LOVED LOVEDDDDD Skinny Pete's on Dundas Street East but it seems they have closed up shop. (Litterly the BEST panzerotti I have ever had!)

My friends used to order from Frank and Gus and they were good, but that was years ago now!!!

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    177 (100%)

I tried Massey's on King Street - the food was very tasty! Can't comment on the service cuz I went late night on a weekday and it was empty with just one other customer. I did find that the quantities were too small for the price, but the taste was quite good.
    Redeem $5 Amazon gift cards every week! Just SEARCH & WIN!
    Join Swagbucks:
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/julyprincess

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Does anyone know anywhere they bake their panzerotti?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

capri pizza will bake them ( sarnia/wonderland ) judging by your id name that might be in your area!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information