User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

LOL this is going to be funny for anyone that joined in the contests where I have been debating paint colors! I have been trying to pick paint colors for my bedroom and have been having a TON of difficulty and been close to pulling out my hair a few times!!! But I have had some great help on here from a few people and I just want to say thanks again! I ended up changing the one color and I am still wondering if it goes with the dark red? The colors don't look quite the same scanned in but pretty close.

I am planning on using the lighter color on the entire wall and then I am going to use the darker one to stencil words on the wall. The way I am planning to do it is to paint two horizontal lines and then put the words in between so it looks somewhat like a border? I am thinking maybe doing two or one on the wall. I just don't know what words right now though. I have some quotes I like but nothing I really know if I want to put on my wall? I am wondering if anyone has some quotes that you really like that might be nice on a wall and if you would not mind sharing them with me? I am going to look through some quotes I have and even single words but any help in this regard is greatly appreciated. Or if you have any opinions on the colors-I would love that too. I hope I got it right! I am totally 100% sure about the dark red-it was just hard to find the right color to go with it. Thanks!! Oh don't worry-I will post pics of the finished product too! lol
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Please take a moment to visit my blog! www.heatherv11.wordpress.com

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Love the dark red. My computer room is that color. I picked that color because I wanted the feeling of an old english study room. Works well to you would be surprised that in a room 8x10 it doesn't make it look too dark at all. I think they key to paiting a room dark is to keep it as clutter free as possible. It's a challenge here. LOL

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

mm i know nothing about colours lol..my room is black, white and purple....something like this..and black print wallpaper
    plus

i do like the red though.my study room is a red maroon colour like that..its nice and inviting..colours really do make the room

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

thanks!!

Here, there, everywhere! Damnedifiknow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A beautiful colour that goes with burgundy is clay. It would be a much lighter colour than the swatch you have up there, but basically within the same family.

It seems to me that you're looking for calming colours...you could always accent (pillows, throws, etc.) in an antique blue. It's not too dark and not such a light colour either.

If you'd rather go bold, maybe accent in bright white or a very light cream.
    Come win with me!
    Still lurking around Smart Canucks? Join here!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Love the colours.

My room at my parents' is a grey-blue with a bright red line painted along 2 walls. The west wall is all window, the north wall is just grey-blue (lots of furniture, so anything else would be hidden), the east wall has the door & then the point of the red line on the closet going south along the wall and widening as you go onto the south wall.

It's terrible, I've lived here in my condo for 8 yrs & still haven't painted (still the bright white the builder painted it, which I actually like). I've toyed with the idea of painting my walls a silvery blue, but keep changing my mind.

As for quotes, I'm partial to Latin. Here are a couple of my favourites:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    by Juvenal (who will watch the watcher?)

sic itur ad astra
    by Virgil (such is the path to the stars)

A word once uttered can never be recalled.
    Horace

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Wow I like your quotes Andit!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

the last one is soooo true!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

In one of my previous homes I had used a red similiar to the one you have chosen. I would go with a sandy tan color. Its hard to tell from the scan of your swatches but it looks like it might be throwing a pink tone when paired with your red. I would suggest trying to keep it a 'cooler' beige tone, so that it doesn't look pinky. If this is for your master bedroom and you are married, how about "Always kiss me goodnight" I know people always think of this saying for babies or kids rooms, but it can also be romantic!

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

darn it not married and not a master bedroom! lol that would be good if I had someone more to kiss than the cat! lol he doesn't like the mushy stuff so maybe that will have to wait till I find someone! lol Thanks tho. you are right about the red bringing out the pinkish tone in the other color. it is better tho than the one I had before this one!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh and if you try to google wall stencils, you may be able to get some good ideas of quotes and words that they sell. Try www.vinylattraction.com

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

oh thanks for that link!!! I will totally check it out!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Shoot, I just checked for my paint swatches to give you some color codes that would work, but I don't have them my business partner does...Sorry.....just think of the color of the sand in a sandbox. Try to get as close as you can to that.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

oh that is ok. Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information