User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: HORRIBLE experience with Spot Check Services mystery shopping

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Anyone else have feedback about this company??

I have performed over 20 shops for them with no problems. Today, I get an email saying a shop I did (restaurant shop, 50 bucks out of pocket expense) was rejected and subsequently I am deleted from their database and do not get paid.

I actually called to get clarification to the Manager, and she basically said that even though she did not read my report she would not do anything. She could not even clarify for me what had happened. I'm totally pissed as I worked for 1.5 hours PLUS paid for my meal, came home and spent a hour filling out a report and no one has the decency to treat me like a human being and explain what I did wrong. I've had 22 shops with them, and 4 times out of all of those I was asked for clarification on something (usually things like, describe what the sales person was wearing). Never any warning about bad report writing or anything. I don't think it's fair to remove someone from their database with no explanation with no warning system at all. I mystery shop with 4 other companies and have never had this sort of treatment. Definitely would not recommend you sign up with them unless you are willing to risk getting rejected with no explanation and being out of $$.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

S J
    Female
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I am sorry to hear about your experince!

welcome to SC
    JOIN ME AND GET FREE GIFT CARDS! CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jainshilpi{earn by daily searches}

http://www.leadprizes.com/members/register.php?ref=sj23{earn by completing P T C offers}

Pm me for help!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

sounds harsh

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Sorry to hear about such a bad experience.

I would pursue this case - honestly. They should have a reason behind why they rejected it.

I was be so peed off if this had happened to me especially since you took the time, drove, paid $50 and they cant even explain why.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I am not too clear on how the mystery company's work, but is this like a contract you sign with them and then they call you to go mystery shop somewhere? Well, even if you didn't sign a contract you were legally employed by this company, were you not? If so, aren't you entitled to get your money back? They sent you to shop for them, correct?

Or do I have this all wrong and you are liable for these expenses and it is at the company's discretion if they pay u for your time and expenses?

This sounds very ridiculous and I am appalled that they do not have the decency to let you know what went wrong. I would never do any mystery shopping if the "contract" is so vague and they are not clear as to how they pay their employees for their time. I also would not put myself out-of-pocket for a company.

Hope this clears up for you.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynfan View Post
    I am not too clear on how the mystery company's work, but is this like a contract you sign with them and then they call you to go mystery shop somewhere? Well, even if you didn't sign a contract you were legally employed by this company, were you not? If so, aren't you entitled to get your money back? They sent you to shop for them, correct?

Or do I have this all wrong and you are liable for these expenses and it is at the company's discretion if they pay u for your time and expenses?

This sounds very ridiculous and I am appalled that they do not have the decency to let you know what went wrong. I would never do any mystery shopping if the "contract" is so vague and they are not clear as to how they pay their employees for their time. I also would not put myself out-of-pocket for a company.

Hope this clears up for you.
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!! It definitely made me feel better.

I didn't sign a contract but an agreement (http://www.spotcheckservices.com/shopperagreement.htm) so I was an "independent contractor" and there is a clause saying they can reject reports if criteria aren't followed, even though the criteria I failed to follow wasn't explained. I don't think I can do anything legally...

I did call to pursue this and talked to the manager who refused to let me speak to one of the "Quality control" people who rejected the report (she did not actually see the report).I am thinking of filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and maybe even contacting the restaurant chain and telling them about their Mystery Shopping company's unethical practices.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I think the least they can do is explain themselves. Call again.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keep calling until you get a answer. If you bug them enough, you'll get a answer.
    Join Swagbucks for free amazon gift cards! $500 earned so far!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

That is awful. Keep us updated...

Join me at
    Swagbucks, earn free
    Amazon gift cards and never pay for DVDs or books again!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki911 View Post
    Sorry to hear about such a bad experience.

I would pursue this case - honestly. They should have a reason behind why they rejected it.

I was be so peed off if this had happened to me especially since you took the time, drove, paid $50 and they cant even explain why.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i agree with the others, they must give you a good reason....

about these "shoppers companies" in FAQ they say , you are NOT their employee

you are autonom worker

hope this helps
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

please keep us posted

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I see that they're a BBB accredited business and have a high rating of A+.

Maybe you should try contacting this person that is listed before filing a complaint:

Customer Contact:Mr. Brent Poole, PresidentEmail Address:[email protected]

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I see that they're a BBB accredited business and have a high rating of A+.

Maybe you should try contacting this person that is listed before filing a complaint:

Customer Contact:Mr. Brent Poole, PresidentEmail Address:[email protected]

SMART IDEA.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would also check out Survey POlice http://www.surveypolice.com/

I often refer to their site to check on companies. Spotcheck is not on their list - yet!

BBB ratings are useless sources of information. They are easily manipulated, btw.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information