User Tag List

Tiger Kat
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm planning a trip to Hawaii for my husband and myself this summer. Any suggestions on some good travel deals, places to go, things to see, coupons/discounts to be had?

We want to stay in decent hotels (no economy or motels) but want to stay around the $100 mark per night...any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Which island are you planning to visit? and where are you departing from? I've been there once and are planning on returned in 2011 so I've done tons of research

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

Tiger Kat
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We know we want to visit Waikiki, Honolulu, and Diamond Head...we're also thinking about spending a night or two at a resort, maybe Turtle Bay..any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

keeping with SC's theme of free or almost free......every eveing, near sunset, close to the large banyan tree in Wikiki, they have a free Hula dance show...mostly kids around 12 years of age or so...but it's wonderful to sit on the ground while the sun goes down and be entertained with a free show...very relaxing and a perfect end to a busy sight-seeing day. From the sounds of your destination, I'd guess you plan on staying on Oahu. Wikiki is just a short clean beach in Honolulu. Kinda small when compared to whats in the Caribbean, but wonderful none-the-less. While in Wikiki, you must visit the International Market....it's a totally tourist place with lots of gaudy stuff, but sooo much fun and the atmosphere is loud and lively. Honolulu has the Pearl Harbour war memorial, but I cannot tell you much about as we did not visit it.
    If you plan to climb Diamond Head, I'd suggest you do it early in the morning when the temperature is coolest.
    My favorite place on Oahu has to be Hanamana Bay. (Keep in mind that it's closed on Tuesdays so that the reef can recover, or rest). Just north of Honolulu, it's wonderful for snorkling. If snorkling is not your thing, just wander out into the water (be sure to stick to the sandy parts - walking on the reefs will damage them) sit quietly and the fish will still swim by you. The water is crysttal clear!! There are plenty of places to rent snorkle equipment from - and lots of tours that will pick you up at your hotel and make it an entire day for one price. Is one place or company better then another? Not really, you get what you pay for.
    Check out TripAdvisor for some more Hawaii info and you'll get tons of info from people who've visited and who also live there. Actual people, no companies are supposed to advertise there - so you get good & bad reviews for the same thing.
    Good luck with your search...if interested I can post some photo's of Wikiki and the various attractions
    Last edited by puddin57; Sat, Nov 21st, 2009 at 09:53 AM.

MissBobloblaw RULES
    and so do my new GREEN shoes

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Campbell View Post
    I'm planning a trip to Hawaii for my husband and myself this summer. Any suggestions on some good travel deals, places to go, things to see, coupons/discounts to be had?

We want to stay in decent hotels (no economy or motels) but want to stay around the $100 mark per night...any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
    can you tell me . where are you departing from?
    <table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 48pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="64"><col style="width: 48pt;" width="64"><tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 48pt;" width="64" height="17">Travel vietnam Halong cruise, Chinese junk cruise in Halong bay Vietnam
    </td> </tr></table>

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hawaii has so many places to explore, things to do, sights to see -- it can be bewildering to plan your trip with so much vying for your attention. Where to start? That's where I come in. I've compiled everything you need to know to plan your ideal trip to Hawaii.
    The first thing to do: Decide where you want to go. Read through each section (especially each section introduction) to see which islands fit the profile and offer the activities that you're looking for. I strongly recommend that you limit your island-hopping to one island per week. If you decide to go to more than one in a week, be warned: You could spend much of your precious vacation time in airports and checking in and out of hotels. Not much fun!

My second tip is tofly directly to the island of your choice; doing so can save you a 2-hour layover in Honolulu and another plane ride. Oahu, the Big Island, Maui, and Kauai now all receive direct flights from the mainland; if you're heading to Molokai or Lanai, you'll have the easiest connections if you fly into Honolulu.
    So let's get on with the process of planning your trip. Searching out the best deals and planning your dream vacation to Hawaii should be half the fun.

Hey, No Smoking in Hawaii
    Well, not totally no smoking, but Hawaii has one of the toughest laws against smoking in the U.S. It's against the law to smoke in public buildings, including airports, shopping malls, grocery stores, retail shops, buses, movie theaters, banks, convention facilities, and all government buildings and facilities. There is no smoking in restaurants, bars, or nightclubs. Most bed-and-breakfasts prohibit smoking indoors, and more and more hotels and resorts are becoming smoke-free even in public areas. Also, there is no smoking within 20 feet of a doorway, window, or ventilation intake (so no hanging around outside a bar to smoke -- you must go 20 ft. away). Even some beaches have no-smoking policies (and at those that do allow smoking, you'd better pick up your butts and not use the sand as your own private ashtray -- or else face stiff fines). Breathing fresh, clear air is "in," while smoking in Hawaii is "out."

Thanks.....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sacredvoyage View Post
    Hawaii has so many places to explore, things to do, sights to see -- it can be bewildering to plan your trip with so much vying for your attention. Where to start? That's where I come in. I've compiled everything you need to know to plan your ideal trip to Hawaii.
    The first thing to do: Decide where you want to go. Read through each section (especially each section introduction) to see which islands fit the profile and offer the activities that you're looking for. I strongly recommend that you limit your island-hopping to one island per week. If you decide to go to more than one in a week, be warned: You could spend much of your precious vacation time in airports and checking in and out of hotels. Not much fun!

My second tip is tofly directly to the island of your choice; doing so can save you a 2-hour layover in Honolulu and another plane ride. Oahu, the Big Island, Maui, and Kauai now all receive direct flights from the mainland; if you're heading to Molokai or Lanai, you'll have the easiest connections if you fly into Honolulu.
    So let's get on with the process of planning your trip. Searching out the best deals and planning your dream vacation to Hawaii should be half the fun.

Hey, No Smoking in Hawaii
    Well, not totally no smoking, but Hawaii has one of the toughest laws against smoking in the U.S. It's against the law to smoke in public buildings, including airports, shopping malls, grocery stores, retail shops, buses, movie theaters, banks, convention facilities, and all government buildings and facilities. There is no smoking in restaurants, bars, or nightclubs. Most bed-and-breakfasts prohibit smoking indoors, and more and more hotels and resorts are becoming smoke-free even in public areas. Also, there is no smoking within 20 feet of a doorway, window, or ventilation intake (so no hanging around outside a bar to smoke -- you must go 20 ft. away). Even some beaches have no-smoking policies (and at those that do allow smoking, you'd better pick up your butts and not use the sand as your own private ashtray -- or else face stiff fines). Breathing fresh, clear air is "in," while smoking in Hawaii is "out."

Thanks.....

This is a very nice advice...I learn more things on it about Hawaii...

I think I must consider Hawaii an option for my summer vacation...^_^
    Find and book cheap hotels worldwide! | All about New Zealand Tourism

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hawaii is a great place............
    U have great points on the topic thanks for sharing........

thanks...

Last edited by sacredvoyage; Mon, Feb 14th, 2011 at 03:22 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I discovered http://trivago.ca on my research for hotel deals in Germany. Also sites like Tripadvisor or just Google ( oh, this almost unknown useful page) could be useful. Mist! (first swearword I learned in German) I just saw that the thread is almost already two years old. I hope the thread owner had good luck with his travel. Maybe the information I wrote are useful for some others who want to visit Hawaii - or even Germany like myself.

Thread Information