User Tag List

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree902Likes

Thread: How did you meet your loved one?

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Ok Ok I will tell mine too!

Its another online story...but not your typical!

I was living in Ottawa and had just gotten a facebook account (2006), I was looking up friends and trying to find old friends I had lost contact with. I decided to do a search, of course with these searches you get allot of results...so I was going through them looking for my friends when I came across BFs profile...being snoopy hehe I clicked on his name and he had a open profile, meaning I can look at his information. he had just opened his up not even a day ago to reconnect with relatives back home in Serbia. I thought he was very cute! So I did something to this day I don't now why but I 'poked' him. Its a feature on facebook that allows you to virtually poke someone without leaving a private msg. I immediately felt so stupid for poking a total stranger! 2 days passed and no poke back...it was ok I assumed he just ignored this random poke from a strange girl living 4 hours away haha.
    On day 3 I got a poke...I poked back, so did he, then I did again haha he then emailed me to say HI. This is where it begins
    We met 3 weeks after...now let me say i was in no way a internet dating type of person, I had not even been on a dating site before or even talked to anyone online so this was all a tad scary to me! He asked to meet me 3 times before I actually agreed bc I was kinda scared, not of him but of what all this would bring! When I met him I was so nervous, I think I must of looked like i swallowed a frog LOL. I will never forget what he said to me the second me met, he hugged me and said ' Now everything is ok' and he was right, from that second my heart was his, and every day since then its been great. He is the best support system,the best friend, the best everything and makes the little bumps in life easier...
    We were long distance for 7 months until I moved closer to him...and after 2 years we moved in together. As most of you now we live with his parents GAH! but we bought a place of our own and move in April! We have discussed marriage but I told him i want him to ask me when we don;t live with his parents. And I over heard him say something to his relative back home about a wedding 2011?!?!?! So we shall see what is to come!
    Funny thing is he hates facebook, and rarely goes on...his cousin made him open it...thank goodness for that!
    i_love_to_save and ticul like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

these are awesome stories, I LOVE this thread...keep the stories coming, they are great! I especially like the online ones, lol, like me!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

hmmm, I also met my hubby online. I was only 17 and you know at that age it was all about the internet - well to me it was. Anyway, I frequently visited chat rooms and one day I found this person with the user name "waitingforsomeonetolove" and I mean how cheesy was that? I don't know what came over me to send this person a private message. I mean it could turn out to be a girl, luckily this person was not a girl. LOL. He is from US and i'm in Canada but we kept in touch mostly chat room, then the phone calls then within a few months he wanted to come up to Canada to see me. I was freaking out! Couldn't tell my parents. We planned to have him up here staying in a hotel and we will break it to my parents slowly. Now being Asian, I have very strict parents. They'd disown me. LOL. Anyway, that plan didn't go well. He was being held at the airport. I remember it clearly, I was painting my toe nails when I got a call from him at the airport saying he is being held until my parents can vouch for him being in Canada and will not doing anything illegal. Ack! Now we were both under 18 so I can understand why they didn't believe him when he said he was in Canada visiting. So I had to break the bad news to my parents that night and had them talk to the Canadian custom officer. My parents were furious, they were like "he could be a bad person; he could be bringing drugs into Canada; and we could all go to jail for this; etc" Well, in the end he was let go. Phew. Then the next day he showed up at my door, didn't even bother calling first. I was in ugly shorts. LOL. Anyway, long story short we got married after "dating" for about 9 years. He moved here to AB with me. We bought a condo and now living with two little doggies. We are flying to Las Vegas next week and his parents are flying there too. We'll be spending US thanksgiving in Las Vegas with his parents. We spend X'mas with his family and Chinese new year with mine. So yeah we visit his side at least once a year. His family is great and they treat me like their own daughter. They are caucasians. Yup we are a mixed family.
    I find it a bit funny that everytime we cross the border to US we always being stopped and asked questions like "are you planning to stay in the US" etc. I think US customs afraid I was going to stay there and eventually get a green card or something. IDK. I always tell them that I have a good job here in Canada, and good healthcare so I won't being staying longer than a few weeks. LOL. I mean look at my passport I have been to US like 20+ times and I returned to Canada everytime. Hehe. We'll see if I'll get asked the same question next week.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Thats cute Purdee! Luckily your parents vouched for him or you might have never met!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

lol, I love your story Purdee!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Love the stories especially the online ones...keep 'em coming

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

What great stories. So now I will share mine. Ill try to make it the shortish version

Just after the big blackout in 2003 I was working killer hours trying to get everything caught up at work. When I arrived home I found out that my ex had been trying to call me all day. I called him back and he told me that he and a friend that he worked with where going to a club in Burlington did I want to come. I said no that I had nothing to wear and was tired from work, he convinced me to go. I just threw on some nice-ish clothes and went outside to wait for him. When he pulled up this guy I had never seen before jumped out of the car to let me get in the back(2 door car). All I kept thinking was man this guy is cute. He had long hair, wore a trench coat and was very mysterious. So we all made small talk and then decided to hit Burger King to get a bite to eat before we hit the club. Well in the restaurant this guy put on a crown and told a whole bunch of kids that it was his birthday. And they sang to him and he was all happy. At this moment I thought there was something about him. We went to the club. My ex bought me drinks all night and was trying to get with me but I was having no interest. Me and this guy danced once or twice but it did not seem that he was interested in me. I went home and that was the end of the night.

BUT I could not get this guy out of my head!!! I really wanted to see him again. Anywhere for any reasons. My ex called me again, and I kept asking him to give me this guys number or take me to his house. I was starting to sound like a stalker. We ended up going to another club with the same results but I got his cell number he told me to give him a call. I wanted to call him so bad but did not want to seem desperate. So I called on a Thursday and he never answered and never called back. I went away for Labour day weekend and when I got home there was a message on my phone from him to call him back. I called him back with much eagerness and was willing to meet anywhere. He said there was a movie that he wanted to go see and asked me if I would like to go. I said sure and ran out the door!! We went to the movies, and after the movie was done we sat talking for hours in the car. When it ended I was sad but he called the next day and we made plans to meet up. He was going to make me dinner. We talked on the phone for hours at a time about everything and life was good.

About a month later we started making plans to move in together as he was living with a friend in a really small apartment. We moved in together January 1st 2004 only approx 4 1/2 months after we met and I was in bliss. And on January 1st 2005 our daughter was born!! And things have been great ever since.

No we never did get married and we both see it as a piece of paper but due to the fact that we are common law I was able to legally change my name so now we all have the same name.

I was in love the first time I saw him. If you ask him, how he know it was ment to be, he tells you that it was because I showed up at his house with his favorite food and any girl that shows up with food for no reason is a keeper. But life if great and man that is a really long story and I kept lots out!!
    i_love_to_save and ticul like this.

Obsessive Coupon Disorder
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

K
    Last edited by Steenibambini; Mon, Mar 17th, 2014 at 11:19 PM.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Steeni, I want to know more about how you two ended up getting together, to start dating!

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Littlemoe0 View Post
    Ackk, that's so funny Jess, you met 5 minutes from where I live, lol.

And folks, jess and I have something in common we found out here on SC.
    Jess's sister in law is married to my hubby's first cousin. We were at the same wedding and didn't know each other yet.
    Yep, its true!!! Small world huh? I've met several people here on SC that have connections to people I know. Another SCer on here grew up in the same neighbourhood as me, played at the same park and we've had several mutual friends and never met until SC.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Steeni, I want to know more about how you two ended up getting together, to start dating!
    Yeah details details!! Hehehe

Lua
    Female
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

i love this thread guys!!!!
    Join SWAGBUCKS! Get free amazon $!!!
    My Blog: http://mypinkthumb.com

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

That's a long story. I'll have to check with Patty to see if it's OK to post it.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    That's a long story. I'll have to check with Patty to see if it's OK to post it.
    Tell us! tell us! tell us!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DH666 View Post
    LOL!! tell us! tell us! PLEAAAASSSEEE!!!!heehee!

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information