User Tag List

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm just considering a Nintendo DSI for my hubby for Christmas..he enjoys playing Sudoku, MahJohg, BrainAge, on our computer, but it's in the office here, and he'd rather be with me in the livingroom watching tv while playing his games....awwww...;-) I have NO idea about them, but I'll head over to Future Shop later today to scope them out....other than something like that I have NO idea what to get him this year!!! I was even looking at the Kindle, but I'm not sure it's exactly ready for Canadian users....

Is this a good system? Thanks for any help or suggestions!...Lynn
    ps...I did post this in response to another thread, but it might be buried, so I thought I"d post it here in case anyone could help out...thanks!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

We have one for my DH and my 6 yr old uses it as well.
    DH really likes it, overall was glad to have purchased it.
    There are TONS of games as well ... they range from $20 - $50 and there are lots at all price points within that range

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, I'm so happy to hear you all enjoy it...I was just chatting with our son, and he wondered if the small screen would be too small for my DH...who wears glasses to read...sigh...nothing's ever simple, is it? ;-)
    I just saw the black one, which sells at WM for 179.00 on sale for 139.00 on myaxs.com, the TD shopping site.
    Anyway....our son is looking up other options and will call back in about an hour...I'm so confused this year! Old age???

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I don't think the screen will be to small I know they are trying to geer towards older people now also. I wouldn't get the newer version though I would stick with the older one the newer one just has a camera and a couple other thrills.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

No the screen is fine and it's really bright. My DH wears glasses too and he's never complained. Plus it's not too loud, doesn't take forever to charge, the DSi takes pics and has cool effects and what not.

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I love my DS and my boys aged 4 and 5 love to play driving games on it...not very well mind you *lol*

I have brain age and its really fun and easy to see.

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My family loves playing their DS's. My husband takes his to work with him when he has to work the slow late night shift. They are very fun, good for road trips

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I have one aswell. Actually, haven't used it in awhile. I get into it here and there. But it's alot of fun and a really good variety of games geared to adults. I think your DH would enjoy it.
    My family currently has a 1 in 20 chance for a trip for 4 anywhere WestJet flies. Please vote for my son if you can spare a moment. https://apps.facebook.com/rfscontest...93?eid=1800024
    *You can vote daily til Nov 12th. - Just click 'LOVE IT' - THANK YOU

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I got my bf one last christmas, he likes it, plays it all the time. Although he has xbox 360 and wii too and is planning to get ps3, so it's a hobby of his.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Definately go for the DS Lite. You can find them on sale all the time for around $90-$100. It's not worth paying $180 for the DSi. DS will come out with a new one soon and you will be mad you paid double just to get a camera (basically).

You can purchase an AceKard or Edge Card (which I have) for it and download games for free. If you buy an 8gb microSD you can fit well over 150 games on 1 card! It's a sweet deal!

I like to support Nintendo as well, so I will purchase the games that I love from the store. There are a few that I play all the time (Professor Layton is my fave!!!!). But its nice to try the game out before you buy it because games are expensive!

For the price of a DSi, you can buy a DS lite with an Edge Card and a microSD card, and download all the games you want!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

my 9 yr old son has a ds and loves it it's a few years old and we've never had a problem oops knock on wood

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow...thank you for all the information!!! Our son mentioned that Nintendo is coming out with a new version in February...bigger screen to cater to the older crowd. But...I wanted this for Christmas. So I'll compare the DSi to the DS lite (whatevertheheckthatis) at Future Shop today and wrap my un-techno brain around this conundrum. Thank you Meguo for the info re...that stuff you posted...I'll make notes when I go shopping today.

Again...what would I do without the valuable information you folks and this site provide??!!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Lynn, if you want an edge card you have to buy them online or at certain computer stores- they don't sell them at Best Buys, etc. Just FYI!!!!

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meguwo View Post
    Definately go for the DS Lite. You can find them on sale all the time for around $90-$100. It's not worth paying $180 for the DSi. DS will come out with a new one soon and you will be mad you paid double just to get a camera (basically).

You can purchase an AceKard or Edge Card (which I have) for it and download games for free. If you buy an 8gb microSD you can fit well over 150 games on 1 card! It's a sweet deal!

I like to support Nintendo as well, so I will purchase the games that I love from the store. There are a few that I play all the time (Professor Layton is my fave!!!!). But its nice to try the game out before you buy it because games are expensive!

For the price of a DSi, you can buy a DS lite with an Edge Card and a microSD card, and download all the games you want!
    I love my DS with the Edge card ;P

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, I bought the DS, and the BrainAge game, which has a Sudoku game on it also, but probably not the extreme ones my DH plays....I hope he likes it....Now to find a couple more of those wind/rain golf shirts or wind-breakers...
    Thanks again for all your helpful information and insight! I'd still be perched on that fence without your help!

Thread Information