User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Vitamins for your eyes?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was wondering if anyone recommends any vitamin that is for your eyes? There's a history of macular degeneration in my family and am constanly worried about getting it. Vitalux is not an option, as it's basically for 55 and up and i can't stand the taste of them anyways.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Theres a history of it in my family too...
    I found this website....

http://www.bausch.ca/en_CA/consumer/...eyehealth.aspx

Vitamins for General Eye Health

Your eyesight is among your most precious of senses. As the leader in ocular nutritional research and vitamin supplements for the eye, Bausch & Lomb is committed to helping you protect and maintain the health of your eyes.
    Bausch & Lomb has the most comprehensive nutritionals line of eye vitamins to satisfy a variety of general and age related eye health needs and are manufactured in accordance with the rigorous standards that apply to pharmaceutical products, using only the highest quality ingredients.

http://www.bausch.ca/en_CA/consumer/...vite_plus.aspx
    thecountess likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Theres a history of it in my family too...
    I found this website....

http://www.bausch.ca/en_CA/consumer/...eyehealth.aspx

Vitamins for General Eye Health

Your eyesight is among your most precious of senses. As the leader in ocular nutritional research and vitamin supplements for the eye, Bausch & Lomb is committed to helping you protect and maintain the health of your eyes.
    Bausch & Lomb has the most comprehensive nutritionals line of eye vitamins to satisfy a variety of general and age related eye health needs and are manufactured in accordance with the rigorous standards that apply to pharmaceutical products, using only the highest quality ingredients.

http://www.bausch.ca/en_CA/consumer/...vite_plus.aspx
    thanks, but from what i read, those pills are for 40 and up. I haven't quite reached that age yet.
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

ahhh okay, I havent really looked into that in great depth yet... I take enough vitamins as it is already!
    thecountess likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

go to : www. Articlesbase.com and search for macular degeneration...it runs in my family, and my eye doctor at Children's Hospital directed me to this website as all my kids had vision problems...it is a good overview, and it tells you what to do, and yes it is not just for older people, it states youth-30's is when MD starts...have a look

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-a...e-1065603.html
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

vitamin with Lutein and AREDS from Bausch & Lomb...is the most prescribed by the Drs
    +eating a lot of greens and fruits...helps

i think that, sadly , it only prevent and postpone ....not cure
    Last edited by Mia001; Wed, Nov 28th, 2012 at 08:28 AM.
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am diabetic and take Vitalux.
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

From: http://www.nealhendrickson.com/mcdou...0pumacular.htm

Macular Degeneration: Blind from the Western DietLike other degenerative diseases – heart disease, stroke, arthritis – age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is due primarily to our diet and secondarily to our lifestyle – therefore easily preventable, and to some extent reversible. This form of eye disease is the leading cause of blindness in people age 64 or older living in Western countries. The severe form with impairment of vision affects 1.7 million people in the United States, with 200,000 new cases annually. Characteristically, this is a disease of progressive, painless, loss of the central vision in the macula of both eyes simultaneously. The macula is the part of the retina which provides our most acute and detailed vision, and is used for visual activities, like reading, driving, recognizing faces, watching television, and other fine work.
    Multiple studies clearly show that the same risk factors that predict the development and progression of coronary artery disease (heart disease) also predict the chance of you losing your eyesight from AMD:
    * Overweight people have more than twice the risk of progression of this disease from the mild form, which affects nearly 8 million people in the United States, to the severe blinding form over the next 5 years.1 Other common risk factors shared by both diseases are cigarette smoking, lack of exercise, high cholesterol, and hypertension.1
    * A Diet high in all kinds fats, including animal, trans-fats (margarines, shortenings), monounsaturated fats (olive oil), and other vegetable fats, increases the risk of developing AMD by two to three times compared to a diet low in fat.2,3
    * A diet low in fruits and vegetables is associated with an increased risk of AMD.4
    * Vigorous physical activity decreases the risk of AMD.1
    * As people in underdeveloped countries, for example Japan, Taiwan and China, switch from their native diets based on starches (like rice) to Western diets their risk of AMD increases parallel to their risk of heart disease.5
    thecountess likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Mia001 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, good tips. We can take foods that are full of such vitamins to protect eyesight.
    Last edited by Yurika; Tue, Dec 4th, 2012 at 04:06 AM.
    Everybody love computer, hookbag computer parts

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Elderberries actually improve night vision. This helps in seeing in reduced lighting. It also helps in dealing with tension according to recent studies.
    http://sambucolinformation.tumblr.co...nefits-for-all

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Looking at eye vitamins vitamins, you should keep in mind that alpha- and beta-carotene can form Vitamin A in the body. This is something that is extremely essential for proper development and duplication along with the benefit of good vision. There are almost 20 natural vitamins, nutrients and nutrients per 1-oz providing of a fruit like avocados. For this reason, it absolutely is easy to understand that fruits and veggies like avocados are an excellent vitamin option.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I shop with an all natural company who specializes in total body wellness. They just got a patent for their vitamin formulation called Oligo which is way far more soluble than any other brand. It allows your body to absorb them naturally as you would with the nutrients in food. You would need to take 33 Centrum or 15 One a Day to equal that of Vitality for Life. They also carry a supplement for eye health. If you would like more information please PM me.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post

thank'S for the link......very interesting

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well,Vitamins has own importance for the health and eyes strength.According
    to me that vitamins are perfectible for eye sight.So we should be eat the energetic
    foods for get the vitamins.Almonds is the best solution for strength of the eyes...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information