User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Poirot
  • 1 Post By nicole.b

Thread: Saving tips

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

If you could give someone one tip about how to start using coupons and saving money, what would it be?

I was talking to my aunt lately and she was clueless that grocery coupons existed. So she told me to bring my coupon binder to show her on christmas. so I'm also putting together a handout of tips and where she can find coupons. I'd love to share other peoples tips too.

so please share your best tip
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

just becuase it's a good deal doesn't mean it's a good deal for you!-- yes getting 10 jars of pickles for 75 cents is an amazing price but if your not much of a fan of pickles what is th epoint of having them just sit there (i'm sure you can think of more and better examples to go along with that)

most stores offer flyers online now a days, you can save yourself, gas money by looking through the flyers, pricing out what is onsale and comparing your coupons to what is onsale, paperclipping your coupons to your shopping list is always helpful

if you have a london drugs in the area talk coupon stacking the ins and outs of it how it works best way to go about it (again paperclip fan makes for easy organization and faster through the tills)

if your superstore allows for coupon stacking (i know in BC you can use one instore coupon with one manufacturers coupon- for example dole juice was onsale for 1.97 with an instore coupon for 75 cents off, i can use that along with my 75 cents manufacturers coupon to get 1.50 off so it costs me only 47 cents)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

great tips midnightly! thanks for sharing!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the tips.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

If you get an item for free or almost free, even if you don't use it, pick it up..when you have enough freebies you have accumulated, make a donation to the foodbank...they'll be so thankful.

My best tip is look at all the flyers weekly, and make your shopping list accordingly..Pricematch other retailer's sales at WalMart, and use coupons to go with it, thus making it even cheaper.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Buy enough on sale to take you to the next sale.Get all the free cards like Shoppers Optimum,Air Miles and of course collect Canadian Tire money.If you do buy something new buy only one to see if you like it before you buy more.
    super807 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have to agree with your aunt about how helpful coupons are. Some of them can be combined as well so you can get a product almost for free. You can also buy vouchers from group buying sites such as groupon which offers products and services at a huge discount. The tricky part is that most of them are not for immediate consumption. Some would be good after a few days, a few weeks or even months. All you have to do is to keep track of what vouchers you have so you miss using them. I also try to find sites that offers codes for discounts before purchasing anything. It really pays to be resourceful these days.

I love reading blogs and articles regarding frugality and how I can save money and spend less. Blogs and forums like this can really help mommies like me to keep with a tight budget.
    Last edited by nicole.b; Mon, Apr 29th, 2013 at 05:38 AM.
    thriftygranny likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everyone wants to save money.Above information is very informative and knowledgeable. One can adopt above tips to save money.

Trading Score
    133 (100%)

Price-match & shop the flyers. I decide what we eat each week based on what's on sale (and what we have stocked up in the freezer)

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I appreciate the work of all people who share information with others. Great forum.
    Last edited by Lala55; Wed, Mar 16th, 2016 at 02:28 AM.

Thread Information