User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

"Painlessly removes unwanted hair".

..............Bull**** .. is what I have to say to that!

I found this in the bottom of my christmas bag from my sister. I decided to test it on my arm.... It felt like, no it WAS like rubbing sandpaper over my skin in circles!

My arm was bright red [almost like an allergic reaction; ie like blotchiness or hives]. After 2 minutes it became the area became hot to the touch and oversensative [kinda like dumping boiling water over my skin]. It hurt so badly.

This was 3 days ago and my arm STILL hurts if I touch it.

I got so pissed [plus I'm sick with a cold so I cried a little lol].

My mum didn't believe me so I grabbed a piece of wood and used this very ABRASIVE pad [that we are meant to use on our skin!] and sanded down the wood and it went smooth as if I had used "real" sandpaper.

Please stay away from this product! I shudder to think what would have happened if I kept going like it said to [I didn't use much pressure at all.. this removed NO hair but did remove some skin! ]

I don't have the heart to tell my sister she wasted 20 bucks lol <.<
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Ouch! I had wondered what others who had used it thought of it. I haven't tried it myself, but their claims were enough for me to stay away (that and the fact it was something advertised on TV - I stay away from TV-ad items anyway).

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

They have these at my Dollarama. I spent two bucks to try it out. I found it did get rid of my leg hair below the knees, but not on other areas like the face, bikini line, or armpits. In fact after two circles on my upper lip I had quite the rash. I have very sensitive skin, and I did get a friction burn on my shin bones, but the rest of my legs were smooth for (gasp!) all of one day, just as if I had shaved!

If your skin can tolorate it then it's cool to sit in front of the computer to use it, or the car. Anywhere you can't really shave, but not worth the twenty bucks for it. You want sandpaper? Go to Home depot and get a sheet for .33 cents!
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I wouldnt even attempt it LOL it looks like sandpaper so assumed it was and would kill my skin...guess my asumptions were right...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i only use veet, i don't trust other products.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Im allergic to everything so I use a razor

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

They have them at the TV store at the mall here.
    I don't have hair on my arms, so I let my husband try a little patch. Took FOREVER, we used a lot of pressure, and we still didn't remove much hair. But it didn't hurt him..

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    Im allergic to everything so I use a razor

Oh man that reminds me 10 years ago when I was 13. I was camping and decided to use that nair cream [that stuff that smells like funk nasty cucumbers] that you leave on your skin for [insert minutes here]. Omigod.. I was so stupid.. I put the stuff on my face [friend said "women don't have peach fuzz on their face so get rid of it before school!" ugh god I was stupid lol].

I ended up with a mustache acid like burn.. removal of my SKIN like I'd poured acid on it.. omgiod.. it looked.. soooo... baaaaad.. And hurt.. =(

My skins sensative to everything lol plus I'm allergic to sulfur/sulfa [which is in many foods and I only just realize it under different names so it explains why I feels sick alot/face gets itchy -.-]

I only trust a razor and tweezers from now on

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, so sorry you had this bad experience. Yes, when I saw the ads for it, I only thought it would be like a fine sandpaper - which my husband offered to me from his toolbox!
    I, too, once got burned badly on my upper lip from a creme - sheesh, those of us who are a little hirsute have to deal with a lot!
    So I'm only a razor girl, too.
    But I had nieces come from Eastern Europe, and what they do there is make their own homemade concoction - I know they use little packets of citric acid in a mix with other stuff (which I think you have to get from a pharmacist) - and it basically sounds like sugaring.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used this stuff in the late 80s/90s, guess it's been around for a while. Yes, it takes forever, pretty much only works on your legs, and the hair grows back as quickly as with a razor. Not worth it!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    Oh man that reminds me 10 years ago when I was 13. I was camping and decided to use that nair cream [that stuff that smells like funk nasty cucumbers] that you leave on your skin for [insert minutes here]. Omigod.. I was so stupid.. I put the stuff on my face [friend said "women don't have peach fuzz on their face so get rid of it before school!" ugh god I was stupid lol].

I ended up with a mustache acid like burn.. removal of my SKIN like I'd poured acid on it.. omgiod.. it looked.. soooo... baaaaad.. And hurt.. =(

My skins sensative to everything lol plus I'm allergic to sulfur/sulfa [which is in many foods and I only just realize it under different names so it explains why I feels sick alot/face gets itchy -.-]

I only trust a razor and tweezers from now on
    I had the same thing happen except it was both my legs...I was 13 and didnt test a spot first...both legs looked horrible and it hurt to wear pants or sleep with sheets on them for weeks so now I wont even think about using anything other than a razor or tweezers lol

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

This product always looked like a disaster to me, I would of never even thought of buying it, even for $2 at dollarama.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

thanks for the reviews - sounds like something I should steer clear of!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy - am I ever lucky that I stumbled on this thread. Yes, guess what I have.........but I have yet to try it! Yikes - you have saved my poor skin and I can't thank you all enough!!!!

I will now take it to my workshop and it will be used for sanding wood......obviously the only thing for which it should be used! My miniature furniture might well thank you too!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yea, I would be skeptical of this, sucks that your arm still hurts

I'm a razor, tweezer and waxin' kinda gal. Have to get some wax tomorrow, I like to do it during the winter because it makes my hair grow back slower!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information