User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Where do women with big feet buy shoes?

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    By the way you know what they say about women with big feet don't you?
    big asses?

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    By the way you know what they say about women with big feet don't you?
    We need them to balance our big brains.

The Sisterhood of Women with Big Feet
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-b..._b_214416.html

Trading Score
    16 (94%)

The Shoe Company has some shoes that are marked for "wider" feet. I have had some success.

I am actually a 8.5 to 9 but end up with 10's or 11's to accommodate my wide feet. Walking on a Cloud is really good with wider styles.

I have found Sketchers to be a really comfy fit for wider sandals and shoes.
    if at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you...

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Last year I went shopping in Kittery Maine at the outlet store.They are a great place to find shoes for big/small feet.I am a average size 8 and there was nothingAll the nice styles were size 6(or smaller) or size 9 up.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    big asses?
    I have been called an ass, but I thought it was my behaviour rather than my size 11 feet!

I always said if we had small feet, we would tip over. DH has size 14 and is 6'5. Our three year old wears a size 1 or 2.

I'm always confused what to call kids shoe sizes. The first set goes up to 13, I guess those would be baby shoes? Then the second set (where DS is now), starts at one and goes up again.

Z

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Goodness all this talk of getting bigger wider feet after kids makes me scared...I already am a 10 wide...what will I be after I have babies....12 EXTRA EXTRA wide hehe
    I also have size 10 feet (on the wider side). As far as my feet getting bigger with pregnancies...my mom said to make sure that you wear supportive footwear when pregnant. It may not always be the most comfortable thing...but it will help the bones in your feet from spreading out.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This is a great thread. Thanks for the new suggestions. I typically buy guy's cross trainers because they usually fit good.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Some Tall Girl Stores also sell them dress shoes and running shoes

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I'm a member of the big shoe club too, 10 or 11 depending on the make. I dislike shoe shopping big time. When I go to places like Zellers or WM, I check out the men's section because they usually have more comfy shoes or sandals. I find the women's shoe section there often leave me with bloody ankles. Ugh!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

naturalizer has wide widths
    also sears has done a good job at including wide, and extra wide shoes, take a look on their catalog online. in the stores i think they carry some wide width shoes in one or two brands.
    good luck
    vibrantflame likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychojo213 View Post
    I agree 100%....since I fall into the opposite category with small, narrow feet. I can never find shoes to fit and somehow junior shoes with sparkles aren't appropriate for work

thats me too.i take a 5 or a 5 1/2 and i find it difficult to find shoes that fit that are age friendly!!!
    barberella

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Blah I got "fat feet" lol aka wide.. bleh -.- comes with the territory in my family. oh well.. I'm usually size 10w but for the "fancy" shoes [heels] I'm an 11w.. ugh.. it's a nightmare.. last time I went heel shoe shopping was 4 years ago for my brothers wedding.. Payless.. only place.. I'm can't walk in heels for the life of me.. but..whatever..=)

I tried on every single SHOE! [my left foot is slightly bigger than my right so.. I ahve to try on both and walk around] we spent almost 2 HOURS in the store.. my dad was getting so mad..=( I settled on a closed toe 3 inch heel strappy sandle.. there was almost an inch gap at the heel; the shoes were too big ugh .. so I didn't dance at all.. every time I walked the heels slapped against my heel making a weird noise plus it wasn't comfortable.

Nightmare to the tee.. Oh well.. Payless is decent for bigger sizes with or without width .. just find a BIG payless store not a small one.. lol better chances of finding a selection in your size.

For sneakers.. I stick to wal-mart... oddly enough I don't need "width" for their shoes... ............. .........................in the men's section hahaha.. My dad is in between size 10 and 11 so anything he wears I can wear so I usually steal his things.. or if i'm too sick to shop I tell him to try on shoe's for me and grab whatever fits him feet comfortably muhahaha.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I have a wide size 10-11 foot and very narrow heels. My dad used to tease me when I was younger and say my foot was kinda like a ducks!!! (thanks dad for the confidence boost lol!) Anyway, I have a hard time finding shoes because if they fit at the front, they flop off the back, so 99% of my shoes are either sling backs or clog type of shoes. If I wear shoes with a back on them my foot flops in and out and I end up with huge blisters from the rubbing. I get most of my shoes in the States, so much more selection.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Thanks for all the great suggestions! Will definitely check these places out. I find sneakers, boots, sandals are pretty easy, but those dress shoes....it's like they don't think women with big feet should wear heels lol and they make them so tiny at the front of the shoe...my feet don't come to a point! lol

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I have been called an ass, but I thought it was my behaviour rather than my size 11 feet!

I always said if we had small feet, we would tip over. DH has size 14 and is 6'5. Our three year old wears a size 1 or 2.

I'm always confused what to call kids shoe sizes. The first set goes up to 13, I guess those would be baby shoes? Then the second set (where DS is now), starts at one and goes up again.

Z

Omg Zonny I almost spit my drink out

I don't know what to call kid's shoes either. There's baby shoes, but then when they get past a certain size, don't they put those shoes in the kid's section? Like my almost-3-year old son takes a Size 10 shoe and I always find them in the kid's shoe section not the baby section but I don't think they are "big boy" shoes....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information