User Tag List

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

This is my review of Robin Hood Just like Homemade muffins. Now, here is something I would never buy. I make homemade muffins from scratch. Anyway, I went to Sobey's, and they were on sale for $2.99 for a box of 6, regular $3.79 (approx). I had the B1G1 free coupon, and a $1 off coupon. The cashier took both, so I got 2 boxes of muffins for $1.99. You keep them in the freezer until you're ready to cook them. The convenient thing is, you can cook 1 or all 6, they're individually packaged. BUT they do take 25 minutes in the oven, so that would be a waste for 1 muffin. To me, it was almost a waste for 6 muffins. They puffed up nice and pretty, they weren't super huge, but just a regular muffin size. The great thing was, they tasted delicious!! I cooked the carrot and raisin, they were sooo good! Nice and moist, very flavorful, you could not tell that they came out of the freezer.
    I give the taste 2 thumbs up!!
    But the price.......2 out of 5 stars. I would not have purchased this item without the coupons. Really, I could buy a big muffin at Timmie's everyday for about the same price, by the time you factor in the cost to run your oven.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

addicted to coupon trains couponkristin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I wasn't going to bother with them but maybe I'll try them next time they're on sale- thanks!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for this post, Hermoine. I held on to my b1G1 coupons but I couldn't find them anywhere. I hate cooking and this is perfect for me. I never thought about checking at Sobey's.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Did you bake yours at 400? The first batch I made I did at 400 for 25 minutes like the box said and they were awful. Burnt on the bottom and what wasn't burnt was really dry. I made the second box at 325 for 30-35 minutes and they turned out really well.

I wish they had more flavours though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I looked at them, but 460 mg per muffin (your daily should not exceed 1500mg) and 12 g of fat and 28 g of sugar???? No way. If you make your own, use unsweetened applesauce to cut down on the fat.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you have a toaster oven you can pop just one muffin in if you like or the whole 6.

The ovens run on 220 but toaster ovens run on regular 110 electricity. I often use mine to reheat stuff or cook just 2 little pot pies in.

I make my own cookie dough which I freeze into rolls and when I feel like having a few I cut one roll into maybe a dozen cookies and baked them in my toaster oven.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

if i see on sale i will try

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sobey's has these eh.....
    I have the same coupons but have had the hardest time finding these muffins...
    Its worth a shot to test them out, I love trying new food, specially when your getting a good deal.

Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I had an FPC for these so I tried them.... I really liked the taste but I would not pay the price....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I may try these - I have the same coupons as well.....don't like the fat thing but I've eaten worse stuff I'm sure.
    Want to be like Redmouse? * Join me here at SC * Tell them Redmouse sent you!!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I just tried these today with an FPC I got in a trade. I tried the Oatmeal Apple Crunch flavour. None of the "crunch" topping stuck to the muffin. Yes, I put it on before I baked them. It was way to powdery. By the time you had taken the muffin out of the paper there was nothing left on the muffin. They took longer to bake than suggested even though my oven runs HOT. The taste was okay but I won't buy them. EVER. Im glad I used a FPC. or Robin Hood would be getting an email from me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for your information.

Thread Information