User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

you can grate it faster by sticking it the food processor....at work we too grate our own cheese this way, but at home if I'm lazy i buy the same shredded cheese as you for our natchos...meh, a little fuzz never killed anyone..JUST KIDDING

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Nah, I emailed them the non-edited picture haha.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Now with FREE penicillin in every bag!
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    Is that the pic you're emailing them? LOL But I agree, ew!

I buy the big industrial blocks of cheese, some ziplocs and spend a few hours shredding it myself and then freeze it. Lasts much longer I think - since it's frozen hubby can't just reach in the fridge and break off a piece to chaw on.

i do the same thing! though i've invested in an electric grater! (first it was a food processessor with grater attachment then a kitchen aid mixer grater attachment) definately worth it!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I know it's more economical to buy big bricks of cheese, but honestly, we aren't cheese hounds, we don't use that much of it. So I don't mind buying the possibly more expensive shredded cheese. We've bought this type many times and it's never gone bad before!

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I bought this cheese at RCSS about a week ago, I went to use it for garlic bread last night and it had a nasty mold piece in it. I am going to contact customer service about this. How gross is that? Notice the expiry date is April 25, 2010.

Did you know that you can freeze the shredded cheese? I do it all the time.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mold happens. no big deal. Just take it back to where you bought it and they will exchange it. I rarely have an issue with shredded cheese. It more than likely had a small hole in the bag where air was getting to it.

It has happened with block cheese too. I noticed later the package was not all that seal tight and it did not appear to have a hole. However it went bad quickly. Took it back and they exchanged it. No questions asked.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Horndogg View Post
    Did you know that you can freeze the shredded cheese? I do it all the time.
    ya, didn't think to do that yet cause I had just bought it. Thanks.

I see this got moved to "Reviews" it's not really a review, more of a customer complaint.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sometimes theres too much moisture and or the bag wasnt vaccum sealed properly. I've had this happen with cracker barrel cheese before, the expiry will be 6 months away and it goes moldy inside the package. I would call kraft and get coupons AND return it. Maybe they have a refridgeration product.

Dont know who moved it though lol.

Trading Score
    317 (100%)

LMAO @ Is that a big jalepeno? LOL!! Good one ! Oh man that's not a fun thing to find in your fridge. I would contact the store and also write to Kraft and attach the picture. They many compensate you with a FPC.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Call Kraft and Return it. I think you should get double reimbursed...it screwed up your dinner!!! If you just dumped the chesse and didn't look at it you may have eaten the huge Jalapeno LOL!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not to hijack your thread, but i had a similar issue this week as well with parmalat cheese strings, One had mold on the top, and upon opening another they were sour and smelt horrible, I contacted them, and the gentlemen had admitted and told me, if they smelt sour it was mold that I could not see(because just one had the mold on the top that was visible) So i was confused about having a moldy one and sour ones, After giving him the information and codes on the packages and product that i had kept, he said well all i can do for you is give you a $1.00 off coupon for yogurt. I wasn't pleased considering cheese strings are $6 a pack, so i told him no thanks keep the coupon! Horrible way to address a customer! I had the same issue with their cheese strings sometime last year as well, I've come to learn they handle their complaints horribly. I guess no name cheese strings are my new option.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yikes!!

I guess you have to look on the bright side that you saw if BEFORE you ate it!! Definitely call the company and let them know what happened, a big company like Kraft should do something fair and nice in return.

Trading Score
    125 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Now with FREE penicillin in every bag!

l

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

EWW! Glad you noticed it, I always trust the expiry date.... Sometimes I wonder about the food we eat- but it's probably best not to!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information