User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am trying to decide on a stroller!

Does anyone have the Safety 1st jogging stroller from Zellers? If so, how do you like it?

My hubby was looking at the Quinny at Sears, but it seems awful heavy!

Any suggestions?
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears, Zellers

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I didn't have a jogging stroller, but a few things to consider.

Are you actually going to jog with it? If not, sometimes they're a bit of a PITA, because in some models the front wheel doesn't turn. Good for jogging, not so much for just walking.

Also, they can be quite wide when you're in stores and such, and difficult to fit into the trunk of a car unless the front wheel detaches or folds up.

For me, the important considerations were:

- does the baby area fold flat? Very handy feature for baby falling asleep in the stroller. I remember that DS would fall asleep regularly while we were out walking. I'd just manhandle the stroller into the hall of my house and let him continue his nap in it rather than risk waking him up to put him in his crib.
    - does it fold easily? You have to be able to do it with one hand.
    - is it light enough for you to pick up to put in the car, in the house, etc.? I had a VERY heavy Graco travel system. I was able to manage it, but a lot of women wouldn't, especially not with a baby in it.
    - does it have suitable cargo space for your needs? We don't have a car, so I wanted to be able to walk a fair distance in it and put some stuff on the bottom if I was out shopping.

Good luck!

Z

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I love my phil & ted, pricey but well worth it. I have the one with the doubles kit.....
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i do agree with the above poster.. ask yourself what you want from your stroller and what you plan on using it for, are you doing to have a spare umbrella stroller to keep in your trunk for shopping? Jogging strollers are great but often they can have issues in stores(expecially clothing stores where the racks are staggered and more on display and often fuller when say a grocery store)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

i agree.. if the front wheel doesent turn.. it really sucks... lol having to lift the front end anytime you need to turn can become a hassel.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    I love my phil & ted, pricey but well worth it. I have the one with the doubles kit.....
    I have this stroller and I love it, I also have a safety first jogging stroller, the one where the wheel doesn't swivel, it sucks, it's chunky, heavy and annoying, plus the thing rusts like crazy. We've always kept it inside too.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momofkali View Post
    Wow! You have a Phil & Ted! Lucky you!

I was drooling over it, but I just cannot justify paying such a hefty price for a stroller when there are perfectly fine ones that are less than half the price...
    At the right time, a kind word from a stranger, or encouragement from a friend, can make all the difference in the world. Kindness is free, but it's priceless. ~ Doe Zantamata

"And it's always the right time!" ~ Woofy

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

No, I don't jog, I just always thought that they were better strollers! LOL.

I want it for going out for walks and to be versatile enough for the malls!

Any suggestions on the Graco strollers? I am looking for a travel system!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

no, don't get it if you don't even jog.
    i have the graco tour thingy, it's pretty alright. convenient, good storage with the basket and the 2 closable compartments up top. it isn't super light, but i think that is an ok tradeoff for something that is reasonably priced.

i wouldn't go for the pricier ones personally. really when it comes down to it, it's just a stroller, as long as kiddo is comfie in it and you can reasonable maneuver it.

in fact the graco one has a little winter boot you can add on. i called their office in quebec, and bought one, it was $15 with shipping and it is a nice little front end cover for extra winter protection.

zonny has very good points. in fact go to a couple of stores and actually push them around, fold and unfold. take the carrier seat out and put it back in. test the dif models out.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

be careful with umbrella strollers and the mall... wheels dont like to cooperate in there...(at least not mine)
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Woofy View Post
    Wow! You have a Phil & Ted! Lucky you!

I was drooling over it, but I just cannot justify paying such a hefty price for a stroller when there are perfectly fine ones that are less than half the price...
    I got mine on ebay when they first came out with the doubles kit for about $400

I saved over $200 because I got it shipped to the US.
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erikkaitlyn View Post
    No, I don't jog, I just always thought that they were better strollers! LOL.

I want it for going out for walks and to be versatile enough for the malls!

Any suggestions on the Graco strollers? I am looking for a travel system!
    Go to Toys r Us and try some out, put your kid in it and try and maneuver around the store, when you find one you like then you can try and find it on sale somewhere......
    Keep it carbed......

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

if you don't job i suggest staying away from a jogger.. also stay away from "travel systems" they tend to be bigger and bulkier then just a plain stroller.. most strollers will hold most carseats on them..

find a stroller with a slightly larger tire (umbrella strollers are norotious for small tires and often don't push the greatest)

i have a zooper.. i love it.. it folds very flat, fits in my compact car trunk, wasnt overly expensive, can handle light gravol (as on trails, parking lots, campgrounds) the mall, curbs, has a nice sized bottom basket that is easily accessable, i can pull it out of my trunk with 1 arm (it's light!)... came with all accessories (the stroller accessories can really ding you! a rain cover for the bob stroller is about $40!) a snack tray is a really nice feature to have as they get older, fully reclining is nice too while they are younger i can also manage to menouver around in a clothing store with it
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

I have a graco mosaic travel system (beginning to sound like I have a lot of strollers ), it worked great for the first year but when you fold it the wheels touch the visor thing (don't know the exact name for it) and the visor thing gets really dirty really fast. That was my only problem in the beginning. Then after a while the wheels decided they didn't want to turn when I wanted them to (my oldest DD was in that stroller and she weighs 22 lbs, this stroller is supposed to hold 40 lbs, so it's not an issue of her being too big). This stroller needs constant oiling or else it's non stop squeeking. We keep all our strollers in doors. I would suggest getting a stroller that has air filled tires they are much easier to push.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a graco quattro single travel system. I LOVE it, and have had NO issues with it what-so-ever. Its kind of heavy if you have to carry it up and down stairs, but it folds down nice and flat. I love mine soo much, I bought the double stroller and I love it!
    IMO Graco = the BEST stroller ever made!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information