User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, it seemed to me that this would be a good spot to but this little comment.

Since I have started using coupons are reading comments on this site, I have put forth a very strong effort to be more frugal and organized. Not only in my grocery shopping but with everything in our home. So today as I was driving to work, I was thinking about talking my dog for a walk when I get home, and as I was thinking about this I noticed a gross amount of litter on the sides of the road. The majority of the litter was glass bottles and pop or beer cans. Not only is this a horrible practice for anyone to take part in but really....there are recycling depots and stations all through out area local area...why would anyone throw out their window a pop can, when you can on route drop by a recycling station and empty out your car there, or duh...do what most responsible people do...hoard your bottles and cans and every so often cash them in at a recycling depot.

So tonight when I get home I am planning on taking my dog for a walk, bringing along a plastic bag and pick up as many cans and bottles I can see. Would the proceeds of those bottles and cans be a great way to donate alittle something to say the local SPCA? I figure that I can't control what other people can do to the environment, but I sure can do a little something to maintain the environment, help out a good cause, and at the same time get some exercise for me and my little pooch!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

SDM Optimum Queen Wannabe julie.leeds's Avatar
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

great idea!

Follow the elephant...
    http://thestthomasblog.com

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

sounds like a good idea..every little bit counts, not only will you be helping the earth by getting rid of incompetent peoples trash, your helping the animals too ( i hate looking at trash on the side of the roads.. i will not litter.. anything.. i feel bad spitting my gum out not in a trash can lol) and right now whle the snow is melting is the WORST!!! all the garbage that was frozen into the snow banks... YUCK!
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Yay OP!! Great idea!!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Great idea, but make sure to wear protective gloves just in case!
    To earn FREE giftcards join SwagBucks. I've earned $170 in Amazon GC's since January 2010!

Thread Information