User Tag List

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    I think if she leaves it loaded it will show as redeemed even though she didn't get the points for it.
    That's right. Offer will be 'used' or 'redeemed' even when not getting the points (for the lower one). Happened to me. Best to unload the smaller offer. It's probably only the wus $10 so save to pick up milk, etc, during the week.
    ROMEO and Momof3girlies like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cant believe I have to ask this as im usually pretty good with shoppers.
    Today (18,500 points day) for spending $75 (I spent enough 750 base points) and got a total of 22290

Now I did buy 4 x 12 pack= 17.96 (this was the ones with 20x the points
    live clean body wash 3 x5.99 = 17.97 (20x the points as well)

I believe everything else had no bonus points.
    so based on that I think i should have got 3400 +3400 + 17500 = 24300 points

Am I calculating wrong or do i need to email shoppers ?
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bryceton View Post
    Today (18,500 points day) for spending $75 (I spent enough 750 base points) and got a total of 22290

Were the 20x points in store bonus or personal offer? Also what is the product?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Were the 20x points in store bonus or personal offer? Also what is the product?
    in store bonus (advertised in flyer 2nd page)

nestea 12 pack (lemon flavour) pic exactly as in flyer
    Live clean body wash, 1 live clean argan oil body wash and 2 coconut body wash (perhaps, There was a flavour here not giving out points I am unsure. same size same price though so doubtful. unfortunately my shoppers is very lazy about putting up tags so had to assume they would all be eligible for the points as advertised in 2nd page of flyer
    ROMEO likes this.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Okay, so I am back from shoppers. First time doing this (well, putting thought into this new shopping theory). I don't think I did too bad.
    I unloaded the smaller amount the 1,000 wus on $10 + in the store, but picked up the following:

-Nestea (there is $2 coupons inside the box for more nestea) 20x the points;
    -Softsoap body wash 1,500pts;
    -Tampax pearl 10x the points;
    -Gold Bond ultimate 20x the points;
    -colgate --(I bought this, but when she rang it in she said my card 'bumped' it out-odd), I had a personal offer for 15x on any colgate.

picked up a few more groceries, and the girls bought those beanie baby stuffies, only used $3off Goldbond, $1 off Tampax pearl, received the 18,500 pts. my bill was 92.00 in the end.

Regular pts: 870
    In-store pts:20780
    Digital Bonus pts: 1500
    Total earned today: 23150
    Current Points Balance 24180 Soooo, I don't think I did too bad since I went into shoppers yesterday to pick up milk (cheaper in ONT)and a few food items. I must say I am addicted already.
    Last edited by Momof3girlies; Sat, Aug 1st, 2015 at 03:50 PM.
    ROMEO, CrazyQT, peachies and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

in store bonus (advertised in flyer 2nd page)

nestea 12 pack (lemon flavour) pic exactly as in flyer
    Live clean body wash, 1 live clean argan oil body wash and 2 coconut body wash (perhaps, There was a flavour here not giving out points I am unsure. same size same price though so doubtful. unfortunately my shoppers is very lazy about putting up tags so had to assume they would all be eligible for the points as advertised in 2nd page of flyer
    In that case you should have received:
    750 base points for spending $75
    18,500 for spending $75
    3230 for live clean (17.00*19)
    3230 for nestea (17*19)

Edited to fix bonus points - I forgot the base points were already included in the 750.

18500 + 750 + 3230 + 3230=25710
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Sat, Aug 1st, 2015 at 09:40 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thanks! I was a paranoid nelly, so I unloaded it before I left the house. and I'll save it for what you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    That's right. Offer will be 'used' or 'redeemed' even when not getting the points (for the lower one). Happened to me. Best to unload the smaller offer. It's probably only the wus $10 so save to pick up milk, etc, during the week.
    ROMEO and momi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is really wonky! I've been trying to figure it out as well. Here is the best solution I came up with.

You say you got 22290 pts. Lets work backwards: If we take away the 750 base and 18500 bonus, that leaves 3040 points unaccounted for. Assuming they are from a 20x pts offers, we divide that by 19 (NOT 20, because you already got the 1 base pts in the 750), we get 160, meaning you got 20x pts on $16 worth of stuff. That doesn't make sense for either of the things you bought! My only possible explanation is you got it on the nestea which is $4.49 each, and they apply the 20x to each individual case ($4 worth) and not on the total you bought ($17.XX worth). How dumb would that be?

Anyway, here is how many pts I think you should have gotten:

base: 750
    bonus: 18500
    nestea: 170*19
    live clean: 170*19
    total: 25710

That's how my brain works

can you give me the breakdown of the bottom of your receipt?
    regular:
    in store bonus:
    digital bonus:
    total earned today:

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Are any of the 20x personalized offers? They will only apply to one.

People can probably better work out what credited if you post a pic of the receipt (make sure you cross out your Optimum # and any CC info)
    CrazyQT and annedougherty like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

O.k. for all you smartie SDM gurus, I need a little help with this shop for tomorrow.

My daughters were gifted twenty-bucks each and collect those beanie baby plush toy thingies which costs 5.99 each. Now, I have 2 personal exclusive offers; 1000 pts wus $10 or more on ANYTHING in the store, 8,000pts wus $30 or more on ANYTHING on the store (only good on Wednesday offer).

*Fine print:Offer valid at participating Shoppers Drug Mart®/PharmaprixMD stores with presentation of Optimum Card at time of transaction. Offer expires after one use and cannot be used on subsequent transactions. Product availability may vary by store. We reserve the right to limit quantities and to revoke offer at any time. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. Maximum 8,000 points per offer regardless of total dollar value of transaction. Excludes prescription purchases, medications in Quebec, non-pointable items, products that contain codeine, tobacco products, lottery tickets, passport photos, stamps, transit tickets and passes, gift cards & prepaid cards. No rainchecks. Not to be used in conjunction with any other points, promotions or offers.

Non-pointable items- are those beanie plush things point able ? Also, I tried to get a gift card before my purchase on sat 18,500 day and cashier said it wont be awarded on my card if I bought and paid with a gift card. If I got a gift card this time before purchase(s) will I be awarded the basic amount for the gc ? can someone clarify the whole gc before purchase.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

1-You always get base points for SDM gift card (not for other cards), thats why it always suggested here to buy SDM gift card before.
    2- you will get points for those plush toys, they are for sur poinable items.
    3- you can use only one point offer (with set $ spend amount) in one transaction 1000 /$10 or 8000/ $30
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    O.k. for all you smartie SDM gurus, I need a little help with this shop for tomorrow.

My daughters were gifted twenty-bucks each and collect those beanie baby plush toy thingies which costs 5.99 each. Now, I have 2 personal exclusive offers; 1000 pts wus $10 or more on ANYTHING in the store, 8,000pts wus $30 or more on ANYTHING on the store (only good on Wednesday offer).

Excludes prescription purchases, medications in Quebec, non-pointable items, products that contain codeine, tobacco products, lottery tickets, passport photos, stamps, transit tickets and passes, gift cards & prepaid cards. No rainchecks. Not to be used in conjunction with any other points, promotions or offers.

Non-pointable items- are those beanie plush things point able ? Also, I tried to get a gift card before my purchase on sat 18,500 day and cashier said it wont be awarded on my card if I bought and paid with a gift card. If I got a gift card this time before purchase(s) will I be awarded the basic amount for the gc ? can someone clarify the whole gc before purchase.
    The non pointable items are basically the ones they listed, you have to be careful with OTC meds (I think just OTC not on the shelf ones), milk in some provinces, almost anything you can pick up off the shelves is pointable.

I always buy a GC to use with my purchase, perhaps she was confused and actually meant that you would not get the 18,500 on the GC purchase. If you buy a $40 GC, you will get 400 points and can use the card like cash for other transactions.

The only time using a GC can matter is using it to pay for prescription meds (because laws in some provinces specify you can't get any benefit from buying a prescription) or using a GC to buy a different GC
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

22290-18500 promo day-750 base points = 3040 additional bonus points
    Nestea: 4 x $4.49 @ 20x pts = 4 x $4 (round down each, not $17 total) x 19x (1x is base points) x 10 = 3040 points (received correctly)
    Live Clean: promo was on select hair and skin products. Body wash (and hand soap) are not usually considered skin care, skin promos usually cover moisturizers, lotions, night creams, cleansers, facial wipes ...

I believe your points are correct.
    nalaric likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post

*Fine print:Offer valid at participating Shoppers Drug Mart®/PharmaprixMD stores with presentation of Optimum Card at time of transaction. Offer expires after one use and cannot be used on subsequent transactions. Product availability may vary by store. We reserve the right to limit quantities and to revoke offer at any time. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints. Offer valid on the purchase total of eligible products after discounts and redemptions and before taxes. Maximum 8,000 points per offer regardless of total dollar value of transaction. Excludes prescription purchases, medications in Quebec, non-pointable items, products that contain codeine, tobacco products, lottery tickets, passport photos, stamps, transit tickets and passes, gift cards & prepaid cards. No rainchecks. Not to be used in conjunction with any other points, promotions or offers.

You could do what I do and buy a $10 SDM GC to get the 1,000 points WUS $10 or more on almost anything in the store (100 base points + 1,000 = 1,100 points for buying a $10 SDM GC). For the Wednesday offer, buy three $10 SDM GCs to get the 8,000 points WUS $30 or more on almost anything in the store (300 base points + 8,000 = 8,300 points for buying three $10 SDM GCs). Then use those SDM GCs to buy the plush toys.
    2shopmom and bella_bamba like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Paid for a prescription yesterday with a GC no problem. I think I've had that same pharmacy assistant before and she always lets me pay that way.
    CrazyQT likes this.

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread Information