Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cjethani View Post
    I have no idea. I would email/call them

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I did a 95000 points redemption today and bought NYX products worth $47 but didn't get 20x the points. My past experience during redemption has been:
    1. 10x/15x/20x BP for in-store/flyer/website promotions- RECEIVED POINTS
    2. Fixed number of BP for in-store/flyer/website promotions- RECEIVED POINTS
    3. 10x/15x/20x BP for personalized coupons- NOT RECEIVED POINTS
    4. Fixed number of BP for personalized coupons- RECEIVED POINTS
    5. 10x/15x/20x BP WUS fixed $ on certain brand- ????? NEVER DONE BEFORE TODAY- confused
    6. Fixed number of BP WUS fixed $ on certain brand- ????? NEVER DONE
    7. Any other personalized/flyer WUS promotion- NOT RECEIVED POINTS and I know we don't receive those points

I always test these things with small amounts (I'd have bought $21 worth of NYX products) but I was struggling to reach $170 and being too savvy in trying not to buy any overpriced products that I finally caved in and bought extra NYX products thinking I'd receive the points since it is a flyer 20x promotion. I did realize it was technically a WUS but I remember reading in the forums about people receiving WUS brand-specific points, so, I gave it a try.

My questions:
    1. Was this 20x promotion on all NYX products? I bought a contour/highlighter stick ($15.5), color-corrector concealer palette ($15.5), setting spray ($11) and lip-liner ($7).
    2. Do people normally receive WUS points on brand-specific promotions during redemptions or is it a hit & miss?
    3. Is it worth calling SDM to adjust these points? Wouldn't they simply say I redeemed and hence, didn't get the points (by the way, I did receive other flyer promotion points, so, there is a proof of getting points during redemption on my receipt itself).
    4. I have never returned anything to SDM, let alone returning stuff bought during redemption. Is it ok to do so considering it was a normal redemption and not even a bonus one?

(I hate calling SDM for something so convoluted and I don't want to go return these items since I bought them with points but considering I would have received almost 9000BP during my regular shopping for NYX products is really bothering me )

Phew! Thanks a lot to anyone who takes the time to reply to my questions Love you guys!!

EDIT: Wrote $9000 points,
    Last edited by MunS; Sat, May 21st, 2016 at 02:32 PM.
    amira84, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't exactly remember what type of points are awarded in our redemption and what not, but I do remeber tbat we don't get wus points when we redeem. For example, 4000 pts wus $40 on pampers didn't work on my redemption shop last week.

I do have to say that they are probably down grading their points system. Some smaller offers we got this week are just screaming bull**it.
    MunS likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I redeemed on Monday and had a spend $20 on food/snacks and get 4000 points which worked.
    Momof3girlies, dededi and MunS like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I don't exactly remember what type of points are awarded in our redemption and what not, but I do remeber tbat we don't get wus points when we redeem. For example, 4000 pts wus $40 on pampers didn't work on my redemption shop last week.

I do have to say that they are probably down grading their points system. Some smaller offers we got this week are just screaming bull**it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    I redeemed on Monday and had a spend $20 on food/snacks and get 4000 points which worked.
    Thanks for your replies

I guess it is hit & miss as is everything with SDM. It could depend on the store also. I went to a relatively bigger SDM with a large-ish beauty boutique. I also got to buy egg whites, perogies, PC branded fruits, ice creams and some produce (not a lot) too. So, that worked out for me vs. my regular store, which doesn't have all of these items. I have made my peace with not getting these points since the morning-lol!

Lesson learnt for future- brand specific WUS might/might not work. No point experimenting with high thresholds- it was my fault to have bought $47-48 worth when threshold was $20. Don't want to return products bought with points- too messy considering it wasn't even my regular SDM, I only go to this one to redeem- I am sure it will even out soon enough with Shoppers.
    Last edited by MunS; Sat, May 21st, 2016 at 07:57 PM.
    momof3heathens and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I had a 1200 SDM offer for PC freezer bags. I purchased a package was awarded the points. I then realized I had been overcharged $1. She gave me the SCOP but I lost all the points on the transaction. Will the offer still be valid if I purchase again?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

The NYX did work last time when they had it and I did a redemption. But they likely fixed it. A general 20x advertised on a product you will probably get when you redeem, but 20x when you spend x or 4k when you spend x...those type of offers you shouldn't get when you redeem anyways, as it's when you spend.
    MunS likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I had a 1200 SDM offer for PC freezer bags. I purchased a package was awarded the points. I then realized I had been overcharged $1. She gave me the SCOP but I lost all the points on the transaction. Will the offer still be valid if I purchase again?
    not if you can't load it again. Call customer service.
    Cake likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    The NYX did work last time when they had it and I did a redemption. But they likely fixed it. A general 20x advertised on a product you will probably get when you redeem, but 20x when you spend x or 4k when you spend x...those type of offers you shouldn't get when you redeem anyways, as it's when you spend.
    Thanks
    I am just glad I didn't redeem for $100 worth of Shiseido products to get 15000 points.
    I am sure this is common knowledge but just to confirm, if I buy $75 of cosmetics and $20 of NYX products, will I definitely get 20x points WUS $20 on NYX 'AND' 20x on cosmetics and fragrances WUS $75 i.e. total 39x points on NYX or is that also hit & miss?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know if there is a limit to coupons? I checked my coupon and this weeks flyer and I can get $60 of food/basic/baby items for $15oop but would Sdm allow that? I plan on donating to a women's shelter this weekend but I would prefer to minimize the cost. :s

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It may depend on the cashier but I didn't have any limits. Got $85 worth of products for ~$12 OOP.
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen Cardinal View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a limit to coupons? I checked my coupon and this weeks flyer and I can get $60 of food/basic/baby items for $15oop but would Sdm allow that? I plan on donating to a women's shelter this weekend but I would prefer to minimize the cost. :s
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen Cardinal View Post
    It may depend on the cashier but I didn't have any limits. Got $85 worth of products for ~$12 OOP.
    @Ellen Cardinal The only limits the SDM Coupon Acceptance Guidelines (linked at the bottom of every page on the SDM website) mentions are:
    • 2.14 Limit of one coupon per item purchased may be redeemed during each store visit, unless the coupon states otherwise.
    • 2.17 The store reserves the right to restrict individual item purchase quantities to reasonable limits.
    • 3.2 Customers with excessive amounts of coupons in a single purchase may be asked to wait to complete their order as a courtesy to our other Customers.
    Ellen Cardinal likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MunS View Post
    Thanks
    I am just glad I didn't redeem for $100 worth of Shiseido products to get 15000 points.
    I am sure this is common knowledge but just to confirm, if I buy $75 of cosmetics and $20 of NYX products, will I definitely get 20x points WUS $20 on NYX 'AND' 20x on cosmetics and fragrances WUS $75 i.e. total 39x points on NYX or is that also hit & miss?
    I went back and tried this on my own to buy a few more NYX products. Received 20x points on all the purchases + 19x points on NYX (20x points WUS $20+). I am sure it was common knowledge but just to confirm (since I had this doubt), WUS general/personalized promos stack with WUS brand-specific promos.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MunS View Post
    I went back and tried this on my own to buy a few more NYX products. Received 20x points on all the purchases + 19x points on NYX (20x points WUS $20+). I am sure it was common knowledge but just to confirm (since I had this doubt), WUS general/personalized promos stack with WUS brand-specific promos.

Yes, I do this all the time. Great way to rack up points. I am wondering however if I would get the product specific 20x if I redeem some points. For example I know I would get 500 points wub ABC shampoo but would I get an advertised 20x on same ABC shampoo???

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    Yes, I do this all the time. Great way to rack up points. I am wondering however if I would get the product specific 20x if I redeem some points. For example I know I would get 500 points wub ABC shampoo but would I get an advertised 20x on same ABC shampoo???
    It worked the last time they had 20x on nyx, but not this latest time so I guess it's just one of things lol. It always worked with dessange before.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Page 61 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast

Thread Information