User Tag List

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

If I have drug coverage would I still get points? Or just on the amount I pay? So I think like $6 or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Davetherave likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have drug coverage. For me I pay the $3.30 dispensing fee. I think I get base pts on cost before insurance. So last time Rx cost $20.96, I paid $3.30. Got 200 pts. So it hardly seems worth it. However, it is convenient for me, since I'm at shoppers a couple times a week. Also in Alberta
    Last edited by nalaric; Fri, Sep 2nd, 2016 at 04:21 PM.
    samm07 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    I have drug coverage. I think for me I pay the $3.30 dispensing fee. I only get something like 375 healthwatch optimum pts. So it hardly seems worth it. However, it is convenient for me, since I'm at shoppers a couple times a week. Also in Alberta.
    Figured as much! I get anxiety medication every 1-2 months so that would be a nice perk to having a broken brain lol. Sigh! I'll keep it at my dr and have my parking validated lmao!

Thumpersmom likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by samm07 View Post
    Figured as much! I get anxiety medication every 1-2 months so that would be a nice perk to having a broken brain lol. Sigh! I'll keep it at my dr and have my parking validated lmao!

I edited my post a little, after looking up what I've actually had. Looks like I get base pts on my meds before insurance. So nothing great, but I'm sure if you have a lot it adds up.
    samm07 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    I have drug coverage. For me I pay the $3.30 dispensing fee. I think I get base pts on cost before insurance. So last time Rx cost $20.96, I paid $3.30. Got 200 pts. So it hardly seems worth it. However, it is convenient for me, since I'm at shoppers a couple times a week. Also in Alberta
    I did not get any points on my husbands medication at shoppers. I am in Ontario. We were spending about $280 to $300 every 3 weeks, but no points. It doesn't really matter now, because we felt a desperate need to change drug stores, after I got home and found out my hubby got birth control pills---with his name on the package, but definitely not the usual stuff he would get for diabetes!
    Oddly enough, after changing drug stores, his medication dropped in price (yes, still brand name) down to $38 every 3 weeks! (Apparently, shoppers had not been processing his insurance correctly either).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have a 10,000 SDM if I buy Gillette Fusion blades (12p) and 5,000 if I spend $35.
    I pretty sure the blades are close (if not more than that). Will these combine?

Thank you,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I have a 10,000 SDM if I buy Gillette Fusion blades (12p) and 5,000 if I spend $35.
    I pretty sure the blades are close (if not more than that). Will these combine?

Thank you,
    Yes they will combine

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are points awarded on the amount spent before or after coupons are applied? For example, if I spend $30 before coupons are applied will I still get the offer for 6000 pts when spending $30 or more on almost anything in store. What about the offers for 20x the points when you spend $50 or more in store? Are the points awarded if I spend $50 before coupons are applied or only if I spend $50 after the coupon discount is taken off? TIA
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenken View Post
    Are points awarded on the amount spent before or after coupons are applied? For example, if I spend $30 before coupons are applied will I still get the offer for 6000 pts when spending $30 or more on almost anything in store. What about the offers for 20x the points when you spend $50 or more in store? Are the points awarded if I spend $50 before coupons are applied or only if I spend $50 after the coupon discount is taken off? TIA
    since the new system, everything is before coupons. As long as your subtotal is $30 (or $50, whatever you are shooting for) you will get the points. You can use coupons to bring down your total.
    Newfiescreech and barbis9 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

re: the offer for 2500 for every 2 GSK products you buy (eg neocitran, halls, etc.) if you purchased 4 in one transaction would you get 5000 pts or only 2500?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    re: the offer for 2500 for every 2 GSK products you buy (eg neocitran, halls, etc.) if you purchased 4 in one transaction would you get 5000 pts or only 2500?
    "for every 2" so yes, 5000.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    I did not get any points on my husbands medication at shoppers. I am in Ontario. We were spending about $280 to $300 every 3 weeks, but no points. It doesn't really matter now, because we felt a desperate need to change drug stores, after I got home and found out my hubby got birth control pills---with his name on the package, but definitely not the usual stuff he would get for diabetes!
    Oddly enough, after changing drug stores, his medication dropped in price (yes, still brand name) down to $38 every 3 weeks! (Apparently, shoppers had not been processing his insurance correctly either).
    You don't get points on prescriptions in Ontario - against the law. Have you tried Costco for prescriptions? They tend to be cheaper than most pharmacies and you don't need to be a member to use the pharmacy.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^^tx Anne plan to use my buy 2 save $2 on halls coupons.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This is a question for future purchases: if the store is offering 20 times the points offer when you spend $50 and the items you buy have 1500 bonus points, do you get 20 times the 1500 (30000 points)?
    I was suppose to buy some vitamins yesterday, but they were more expensive than Walmart, so I hesitated, and did not buy. I really wish I understood this program better. I only need 6000 more points to get to the $170 mark, and then I start looking for a good sale price on a Samsung tab for my hubby's Christmas gift.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    This is a question for future purchases: if the store is offering 20 times the points offer when you spend $50 and the items you buy have 1500 bonus points, do you get 20 times the 1500 (30000 points)?
    I was suppose to buy some vitamins yesterday, but they were more expensive than Walmart, so I hesitated, and did not buy. I really wish I understood this program better. I only need 6000 more points to get to the $170 mark, and then I start looking for a good sale price on a Samsung tab for my hubby's Christmas gift.
    No you wouldn't get 20x on 1500. You would get 1500 plus 20x on the price of the product.

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread Information