User Tag List

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree878Likes

Thread: Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum FAQ and Q&A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quick question, when you get an email from shoppers for personalized coupon offers, can you use the coupon more than once? For example - $2.00 off any refrigerated cheese. Thanks
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

^ Coupons state " Offer expires after one use and cannot be used on subsequent transactions"
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I have an e-mail B1G1 Dish soap offer this week. With the spend your point event this weekend, if I use the coupon and redeem points, is it considered "combining offers"?
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amandabananda View Post
    I have an e-mail B1G1 Dish soap offer this week. With the spend your point event this weekend, if I use the coupon and redeem points, is it considered "combining offers"?
    It will work
    I font know how they expect you to shop 5x a week and not use your personal coupons you would have to shop 10x each day to not combine anything
    terry2144 and dededi like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I read through the FAQ but couldn't quite find the answer to my questions:

1) If I redeem Optimum Points that covers most of the purchase on a 20x promotion day, do I still earn 20x points on the whole purchase?

2) If I redeem Optimum Points that covers most of the purchase along with a Personalized Coupon for 10x points, do I still earn 10x points on the whole purchase?

I guess basically I am asking if these 10x or 20x points promotion require 100% out-of-pocket real money.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by starscreamX View Post
    I read through the FAQ but couldn't quite find the answer to my questions:

1) If I redeem Optimum Points that covers most of the purchase on a 20x promotion day, do I still earn 20x points on the whole purchase?

2) If I redeem Optimum Points that covers most of the purchase along with a Personalized Coupon for 10x points, do I still earn 10x points on the whole purchase?

I guess basically I am asking if these 10x or 20x points promotion require 100% out-of-pocket real money.
    1) no. If it is 20x when you spend $50, you have to spend $50 above your redemption amount
    2) if you mean for example, you have a coupon for 20x when you spend $50, and you spend $100 but redeem 38,000 for $60, do you get 20x on $100...no

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received 20X on 50 and more promo code and i also found some VIB coupons which are get 2000 or 3000 when you buy specific items. So if i understand correctly, i will get these 2000 or 3000 points instantly and 20X later on.

Another thing, so i have manufacture coupon for the same thing which has 2000 bonus points. Can i use Manuf coupon then VIB points coupon and then at the end 20X coupon when i spend more than 50 dollars ?
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by asgr815 View Post
    I received 20X on 50 and more promo code and i also found some VIB coupons which are get 2000 or 3000 when you buy specific items. So if i understand correctly, i will get these 2000 or 3000 points instantly and 20X later on.

Another thing, so i have manufacture coupon for the same thing which has 2000 bonus points. Can i use Manuf coupon then VIB points coupon and then at the end 20X coupon when i spend more than 50 dollars ?
    Yes. But be aware that coupons that award points later are subject to not work. Then you have a miserable time explaining to customer service why they should give it to you as they say "cannot be combined".

And unless your manufacture coupons are FPC, they bring your spending under $50 so you need to spend "X+coupon=$50" Solve for X.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For that Simple coupon that's buy1 face product, get 1 pack of cleansing wipes free, does the "free" part factor into your SDM purchase? Example, xxx BP wus $50, and each Simple product is $9.99. Using this coupon, does it come up to $20 for the purpose of the $50?

I guess essentially I'm asking if the free cleansing wipes is an FPC
    Anna Michele, amira84 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by strax33 View Post
    For that Simple coupon that's buy1 face product, get 1 pack of cleansing wipes free, does the "free" part factor into your SDM purchase? Example, xxx BP wus $50, and each Simple product is $9.99. Using this coupon, does it come up to $20 for the purpose of the $50?

I guess essentially I'm asking if the free cleansing wipes is an FPC
    it will be entered as 2002 thus not counting towards the $50
    dededi likes this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Does SDM have a coupon policy or a coupon guideline?
    I found out today that my store no longer accepts coupons on sale/clearance products. This decision apparently came from the store manager.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    Does SDM have a coupon policy or a coupon guideline?
    I found out today that my store no longer accepts coupons on sale/clearance products. This decision apparently came from the store manager.
    Yes, it's linked to at the bottom of every shoppersdrugmart.ca webpage as "Coupon Acceptance Guidelines". It states that:
    Coupon acceptance is at the discretion of the store management team. Please speak to the Front Store Manager should you have any further questions or concerns.
    If possible, you should go to a different SDM when using coupons on sale/clearance products.

The link found in the first post of this thread is outdated, since the current file is named differently (i.e. "CouponPolicy-E-March3.pdf", which is different from when I viewed it last month when following the "Coupon Acceptance Guidelines" link at the bottom of shoppersdrugmart.ca webpages, so it was most likely updated on March 3 of this year) and it seems the only thing that was changed is the wording to state that they now accept SDM coupons on mobile devices.

http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/cou...guidelines.pdf
    • Coupons from the internet and email are accepted and MUST BE PRINTED. They follow the same guidelines as pre-printed Manufacturer coupons. We DO NOT accept coupons on any electronic device such as a Smartphone, tablets, etc.
    was changed to:

http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/cou...y-E-March3.pdf

• Coupons from the internet and email are accepted and MUST BE PRINTED. They follow the same guidelines as pre-printed Manufacturer coupons.
    • Coupons on a mobile device will only be accepted if they originate from Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and contain a scannable bar code or a manufacturer PCID.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Season 40 Winners At War

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was denied the use of a coupon for a clearance item. There was a typed sign on the cash register saying no coupons on clearance items. Too bad.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The two food store SDMs nearest to my home (both of which also have the same owner) now refuse $ off SDM coupons that would make the product free.

Last summer, I was emailed a SDM coupon for $2 off any cereal, so I used it on Cheerios, which was on sale (and in the flyer) that week for $1.99, and I got it for free.

A few months ago, I was emailed a SDM coupon for $2 off any Wonder bread, which was on sale (and in the flyer) that week for $1.99, but the coupon was refused at both stores. The cashiers at both stores said that they have to refuse the SDM coupon because the $ off coupon was greater than the price of the product. I don't remember if the SDM coupon was entered into the cash register or not, and if it was the register that refused it or just the cashiers. The third food store SDM nearest to my home accepted the coupon with no issues.

The wording in the Coupon Acceptance Guidelines seem to contradict itself regarding this:
    Coupon requirements for Internet/Manufacturer must:
    • not exceed the value of the purchase price and only one coupon per item is permitted;

If the value of the coupon exceeds the value of the product, the coupon is to be processed as equal to the scanned retail of the product. The difference will not be issued as change.
    So an Internet/manufacturer coupon must not exceed the value of the purchase price, but if it does then the coupon is to be processed as equal to the scanned retail of the product? What's the point of stating that it must not exceed the value of the purchase price then?
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Tue, Mar 31st, 2015 at 06:06 AM.

Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information