User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Expired
    Atlantic Superstore sell the Spun Bunny for $7.99.It is made by Hasbro so you can get it for FREE!! I grabbed a girl one for my DD last night.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

The $10 Hasbro coupon is for board games only. Any other successful use with the coupon will very likely not qualify for redemption. Lucky you... but I personally don't feel this is something you should advertise for others to do.

And obviously you just aren't aware, and we all know, it happens!!... but now you are.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SmackUTwice View Post
    The $10 Hasbro coupon is for board games only. Any other successful use with the coupon will very likely not qualify for redemption. Lucky you... but I personally don't feel this is something you should advertise for others to do.

And obviously you just aren't aware, and we all know, it happens!!... but now you are.
    Wow!! I never notice on the coupon it saying board games only?? It does say no card games.No I feel bad.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

So I checked my coupon and there is no place on it that it says board games only.It says:
    Save $10 when you buy Hasbro,Parker Brother,Milton Bradley and Cranium games except card games and games produced under license by Winning Moves or Moves or USAopoly.
    So I looked up what the definition of a game is and it says:

activity, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool. Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more concerned with the expression of ideas. However, the distinction is not clear-cut, and many games are also considered to be work (such as professional players of spectator sports/games) or art (such as jigsaw puzzles or games involving an artistic layout such as Mahjong solitaire). Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, simulational or psychological role. According to Chris Crawford, the requirement for player interaction puts activities such as jigsaw puzzles and solitaire "games" into the category of puzzles rather than games.[
    So I no longer feel bad because as I see it Spud Bunny is a game and that is covered by the coupon.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Then perhaps you are right. I haven't had a coupon on hand for a while. Maybe the no card games threw me off.

If they meant for that for the coupon, the redemption should go!

Go ahead, I Dare You! Carlyfalls's Avatar
    Trading Score
    161 (99%)

the games part is definitely implying board games. I think this is a example of the coupon being dissected in a way that makes it what you want it to be. a toy is not a game. I would suggest e-mailing the company before going ahead and having a million people use the coupon in a way it was not intended.

I have to ask, how in that definition do you see a mr. potato head toy as a game. to me that definition drives home the fact that it is NOT a game.
    Last edited by Carlyfalls; Wed, Mar 17th, 2010 at 05:42 PM.

Go ahead, I Dare You! Carlyfalls's Avatar
    Trading Score
    161 (99%)

888-836-7025

thats hasbro's number, I guarantee you that they do not consider "spud bunny" a correct use of this coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Then why don't they specify "board games" on the coupon and save us all the grief?

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

From the Kelloggs website...

"Kellogg's* $10 OFF any Hasbro® Board Game Promotion

End Date

03/31/10
    Description

Now you can Save $10 off any Hasbro<sup>®</sup> board game by finding coupons in specially marked boxes of Kellogg's* cereal.

Coupon offer includes all Hasbro<sup>®</sup> , Parker Bros<sup>®</sup> , Milton Bradley™ and Cranium games with the exception of card games and games produced under license by Winning Moves<sup>®</sup> or USAopoly<sup>®</sup> ."

I was always under the impression it was just for board games. It excludes card games... so why would plastic put together's be part of the included games?

And the promo on the cereal boxes state "Save $10 off hasbro Board Games. See back panel fot details.".... maybe it's not smack on the coupon (oops, but...), I guess one has to look at the big picture... don't think Hasbro thought these $10 coupons would be traded away... and actually thought people would read the huge cereal boxes they come on, lol.

Anyone want to call or email Kelloggs or Hasbro to ask? At last this whole debate is happening just before the offer is over! lol
    Last edited by SmackUTwice; Wed, Mar 17th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I am sorry if I have upset you guys by my deal/blog.I do not wish to rip anyone off or anyone else to.I am just going by what the coupon says and what the dictionary definition of a game is.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    I am sorry if I have upset you guys by my deal/blog.I do not wish to rip anyone off or anyone else to.I am just going by what the coupon says and what the dictionary definition of a game is.
    I think most of us understand where you are coming from. LOTS and LOTS of coupons are quite debatable, lol. However, with this debate going on, until you are clear on how the coupon should be used from proper sources (not a dictionary and your own understanding), I don't feel it should be advertised on SC.

I don't think Hasbro looked towards the dictionary of the word game when they did up the coupon... they stated board game on the cereal boxes, in their tv promotions, etc. It IS silly of them to not say 'board game' on the coupon if that was their intentional use of the coupon. But again, advertising to do differently, without approval from promotion head peeps, I think is what most are 'upset' about.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I think that companies should stand by what there coupons say not what they meant to say.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ccmp1974 View Post
    I think that companies should stand by what there coupons say not what they meant to say.
    What you think and what they do may be different. From my understanding, it won't be Hasbro that will get dinged, it will be the stores that accept the 'faulty' coupons... that goes for any coupons. I could be wrong on that, tho.

I just emailed them to ask, so hopefully I get a response... I think my cell phone will get billed if I call. And their chat thing ended an hour ago.

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

Barrel of monkeys is only $4.99 at RCSS, not a board game, but a game. I picked up a few for the Christmas toy drive.

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

And I really dont think they mean "Board games" only as Jenga, Elefun the Elephant, Gator Golf etc.. are not board games and I got a couple of those at Can. Tire for free after christmas. I really think they just mean games, not toys. But the only way the store would not get reimbursed would be if no-one bought a board game without a coupon from the store and I think its unlikely as RCSS is a pretty busy place.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information