User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tips!!!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I know we are all smart people here, from all the coupons gathering/meetings we had, I always learn something. So I was thinking, why don't we start posting some tips/idea/secret? We can contribute and we can all learn!

Like for me, I have no idea what is a good deals for baby items and one day it might be useful! (No...I am not pregnant...a friend of mine is and I would love to get her some presents...)

So here's one:

I set my toilet paper price limit:

For a single roll, 2 ply, it has to be <0.15 cents /roll to be considered a good deal. I have paid lot less ( I think 9 cents/roll) and sometimes close to 15 cents because its a better brand (for example, cottonelle)

I will pay close to 50 cents for Kleenex Tissue paper, but I remember years ago SDM sells it for like 79 cents/box and after the buy 2 save $1 coupons it was a super good deal! (Yes, I stocked up and I think I am still using some boxes)
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Great thread Kitty!!! Where do you find the .15 cents TP. I was not able to find TP less than .16 for single roll but I buy it from SDM on 20x days which costs me around .13 cents if include the bonus points value and taxes (I allocate the 1/2 of the bonus value to the buy and other 1/2 when I redeem the points).

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peacestar View Post
    Great thread Kitty!!! Where do you find the .15 cents TP. I was not able to find TP less than .16 for single roll but I buy it from SDM on 20x days which costs me around .13 cents if include the bonus points value and taxes (I allocate the 1/2 of the bonus value to the buy and other 1/2 when I redeem the points).
    I seldom buy TP from SDM because its not cheap. No frills usually have a better deal.

Next time I spot it < 15 cents a roll I will let you know. Usually its at No frills.

Sometimes, Rexall sells the Cottonelle brand for 2.99 / 6 double rolls. That is almost the same price as Royale at SDM but believe me its a lot better quality.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks. I will watch for it too. Yes cottonelle is better quality. I would buy cottonelle at that price.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kittyc View Post
    I know we are all smart people here, from all the coupons gathering/meetings we had, I always learn something. So I was thinking, why don't we start posting some tips/idea/secret? We can contribute and we can all learn!

Like for me, I have no idea what is a good deals for baby items and one day it might be useful! (No...I am not pregnant...a friend of mine is and I would love to get her some presents...)

So here's one:

I set my toilet paper price limit:

For a single roll, 2 ply, it has to be <0.15 cents /roll to be considered a good deal. I have paid lot less ( I think 9 cents/roll) and sometimes close to 15 cents because its a better brand (for example, cottonelle)

I will pay close to 50 cents for Kleenex Tissue paper, but I remember years ago SDM sells it for like 79 cents/box and after the buy 2 save $1 coupons it was a super good deal! (Yes, I stocked up and I think I am still using some boxes)
    kitty for the TP... does that include the taxes? The cheapest I've paid for TP is:

Majesta - just the taxes => 13cents/4 = 0.0325 per roll
    Then they upped the price => 0.29 + 0.1677 = 0.4577/4 = 0.114 per roll

So I stopped buying because it was too expensive at 11cents per roll.

Waiting for the price to go down again.

I'm not a big fan of Cottonelle or Charmin, which is good because they are usually more expensive anyway.

kleenex is something we don't use a lot of. We're lucky I guess in that we don't usually have allergies and the only time we use Kleenex is if we have cold/flu - which again rarely happens - but when it does... I shell out the big bucks for the Puffs with Lotion stuff otherwise I end up taking two layers of skin off my nose by the time I'm better.

We stocked up on Puffs many years ago at Costco and we're still making our way through that.

I'm not sure I'm good in the presents dept, because I'm more practical when it comes to giving my friends gifts for new babies. I tend to always make a diaper cake, and depending on how fancy I want to get I'll add products to the different layers of the cake.

It's always a hit at baby showers and the parents-to-be love it because it's loaded with diapers.

With babies, parents are probably going to get clothes handed down from relatives/friends, and everyone and their cousin is going to bring them some cute stuffed animal or toy. So I stay away from that stuff and just get what the parents really want -> diapers, formula and free babysitting.

Last edited by Sunraven; Sun, Mar 28th, 2010 at 09:55 PM.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Here's the very first cake I made, before I experimented with adding products to the layers...

@hoppmichelle

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Actually I do want to make a diaper cake, but then, what is a good price for diapers?

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    kitty for the TP... does that include the taxes? The cheapest I've paid for TP is:

Majesta - just the taxes => 13cents/4 = 0.0325 per roll
    Then they upped the price => 0.29 + 0.1677 = 0.4577/4 = 0.114 per roll

So I stopped buying because it was too expensive at 11cents per roll.

Waiting for the price to go down again.

I'm not a big fan of Cottonelle or Charmin, which is good because they are usually more expensive anyway.

kleenex is something we don't use a lot of. We're lucky I guess in that we don't usually have allergies and the only time we use Kleenex is if we have cold/flu - which again rarely happens - but when it does... I shell out the big bucks for the Puffs with Lotion stuff otherwise I end up taking two layers of skin off my nose by the time I'm better.

We stocked up on Puffs many years ago at Costco and we're still making our way through that.

I'm not sure I'm good in the presents dept, because I'm more practical when it comes to giving my friends gifts for new babies. I tend to always make a diaper cake, and depending on how fancy I want to get I'll add products to the different layers of the cake.

It's always a hit at baby showers and the parents-to-be love it because it's loaded with diapers.

With babies, parents are probably going to get clothes handed down from relatives/friends, and everyone and their cousin is going to bring them some cute stuffed animal or toy. So I stay away from that stuff and just get what the parents really want -> diapers, formula and free babysitting.

I always ask for TP/paper towel for xmas or bday present, better than getting stuff that I dont use

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Here's the very first cake I made, before I experimented with adding products to the layers...

that is a pretty cake !!!

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I always ask for TP/paper towel for xmas or bday present, better than getting stuff that I dont use
    We need Tripsplanner/Sunshine knowledge for this... I have no clue, but I did buy mine on sale.

@hoppmichelle

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peacestar View Post
    that is a pretty cake !!!
    I've done some nicer ones since then, that was my first one. I only do them if I really like the person though, otherwise they are too much work.

@hoppmichelle

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I asked for stamps and stickers for my envies this past Christmas. My parents and brothers think I might have a problem.

@hoppmichelle

Jenny~Bear
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

That cake is really pretty, I love the detail of the ribbon and the flowers...
    Wanna earn free gift cards just for searching the web? Join SWAGBUCKS http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jennybear

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We need Tripsplanner/Sunshine knowledge for this... I have no clue, but I did buy mine on sale.
    LOL

It's hard to say $X is a good price for diapers. Packs come in so many diff. sizes. There are regular bags (called Mega but Newborn size I've only seen the smaller Jumbo bag) and every store has dif. size boxes. Also, as you go up in size... you get few diapers in a box/bag. Given that, you can't even give a $/diaper figure.

If you guys are buying for new baby gifts; you're probably buying Newborn size. Newborn Pampers Jumbo (only size pack I've seen) bags have 33-35 diapers. It's been awhile but I think the regular price on these is $14.99. I have a raincheque from a Zellers sale when the price was $9.99. RCSS and SDM regularly have newborn diapers on sale for 10.99, 11.99, 2/$23....

I can give you this as ruff info for Mega bags in sizes 1-7
    Reg. Price: 18.99-19.99 (of course SDM is over $20; at like 21.99)
    Reg. Sale Price: 16.99
    Good Sale Price: 12.99-13.99
    Totally Amazingly Awesome Sale Price: 10.99 (Food Basics last year and 2 years ago Sobeys may have had them for 9.99!)

And use coupons too of course!!
    Last edited by sunshine6100; Tue, Mar 30th, 2010 at 04:29 PM.

Trading Score
    251 (100%)

Hey, nice cake.....can I have a cake??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information