User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow who would have guessed there were people so close LOL I spent many years in Sarnia now I live just outside Chatham. Still trying to figure out all the streets but shopping for deals is a good way to learn fast.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im from Sarnia as well ... Howdy!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Went to Sarnia on Monday, Sept 30 as b/f had to get pics taken as he won associate of the month! at personnel agency & also got a $25 WM GC bonus!

After a nice lunch at the Wharf, off we went to WM...He got some socks! LOL
    I wanted the Venus/bonus Satin Care packs but they would NOT take the $4off or $1.50 off coupons! WTH! Said it didn't match the pic on the coupon & that I was getting a deal b/c of the bonus Satin Care...I was not impressed & only bought 1 at $5 as Chatham, W'burg were sold out here!
    I did get 6 Dove Body wash & Busy Bone for my dog! LOL So not bad for a FREE gift card!
    Burkeyswife (chatham SCer) says for me to PM at Zellers & they will take the $4off coupon, so will try that this week!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I am from Wallaceburg too!! yay! hahaha

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    Went to Sarnia on Monday, Sept 30 as b/f had to get pics taken as he won associate of the month! at personnel agency & also got a $25 WM GC bonus!

After a nice lunch at the Wharf, off we went to WM...He got some socks! LOL
    I wanted the Venus/bonus Satin Care packs but they would NOT take the $4off or $1.50 off coupons! WTH! Said it didn't match the pic on the coupon & that I was getting a deal b/c of the bonus Satin Care...I was not impressed & only bought 1 at $5 as Chatham, W'burg were sold out here!
    I did get 6 Dove Body wash & Busy Bone for my dog! LOL So not bad for a FREE gift card!
    Burkeyswife (chatham SCer) says for me to PM at Zellers & they will take the $4off coupon, so will try that this week!
    They took my $4 coupon for the Venus set... no problems... you must have gotten a grouchball cashier!

Trading Score
    186 (100%)

Hi, i just posted a thread about possibly moving to Sarnia from B.C....what is life like there? we are a family of 6, kids are 9,7,3,1....
    is it mainly a retirement community? is there alot of young couples? where is it a good place to buy a house? what is the job market like? school system?....sorry so many questions....

thanks!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Its a nice small town, school there are good (or at least were good when I was going) the job market I don't know, but I do know that if you haven't been there you might get sick when you do come cause its so close to the chemical valley, but after about a week you will be use to it. I grew up there but then moved to London and every time I go back I get sick so dose my hubby and kids.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Also from Wallaceburg... Lol there are more of us there than I thought

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

I'm from Sarnia....lovin this site & it's made SDM my most favorite store yet! (besides WM where you can get anything!)....I've taken advantage of all the info here, gotten bonus points at SDM where I could (lots n lots for Saturday's bonus redemption day), & have used coupons just about everywhere I've shopped. No problems, but I did notice at GT last week, the cashier got out her magnifying glass to ready my save.ca coupons!! She took literally 10 minutes to read 4 coupons!!! The people behind me left, but not because of me!! lol....Giant Tiger has the best deals & adding coupons makes it that much better!
    I'm heading out tomorrow to "coupon shop" as i think I've depleted my bank account enough lately on great deals!!! I'll let you know what I come up with....check my trading list & if you have one, post it if you haven't already. We'll do trades!

PS...poker night with coupons instead of money!!! What do you think??
    Click here under "about me" to view my wish list.
    Visit Swagbucks.com to earn freebies! Click my referral link to get started!

Tangerine bank GIVES YOU $25 cold hard cash for opening an account!
    Use my Orange Key 14220607S1 & it's $25 for me too! NO FEE BANKING!!

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I'm from sarnia too started using this site after shortly before my first son was born I love it

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra4 View Post
    Hi, i just posted a thread about possibly moving to Sarnia from B.C....what is life like there? we are a family of 6, kids are 9,7,3,1....
    is it mainly a retirement community? is there alot of young couples? where is it a good place to buy a house? what is the job market like? school system?....sorry so many questions....

thanks!
    Read below...
    Last edited by lucy16076; Sun, Jun 12th, 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra4 View Post

thanks!
    Sarnia is an older community, but there are a lot of new subdivisions going in that are attracting the younger couples with small children into one area. We live on the water, so it's always a great past-time to go to the beach & enjoy the waters, the beach, the boats, watersports, etc etc...tornados & bad weather seem to jump over us because water surrounds us
    Shopping isn't the best, but we are a border town close to Port Huron & Detroit Michigan, as well as London, Ontario (one hour away) for more variety. We have a Walmart, Zellers, Liquidation World, RCSS, No Frills, Valumart, SDM, Rexall, IGA closeby, Food Basics & a great local store called Sunripe that brings in fresh produce daily....at a higher cost but it is yummy!
    The work force is mainly blue collar. The chemical valley isn't at it's greatest point right now, but jobs seem to be there, as well as in retail, teaching at our local college, & service industry. I'm not sure what the want & need may be...but we do have a local Service Canada front that will help you out in the job market.
    There are better schools & "rougher" schools depending on the neighborhood you end up in. Housing north of London Road seems to be where it improves but you can find a lot of nice, older homes to the south. The newer subdivisions are being built in north Sarnia, north of Michigan Road. I'm enjoying living in this area myself...
    Sarnia is relatively safe & enjoyable to live in. We have a great waterfront, sufficient stores, & the community is full of wonderful people! We are an aging city, but it's not tipped so far as to call it a retirement community! lol...
    Hope this helps...

HMcCully
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there, I'm from Petrolia, but have lived in Sarnia also. I love this area, I think it's a great place to raise kids. Look forward to getting more tips and hearing about all of your experiences with the different stores in this area.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm In W'burg too new at all this too . good to here that some coupon buddies are just around the corner

Trading Score
    129 (100%)

bump

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information