User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    Starting April 8 till the 12th, if you have a Gap Sprize Card, Gap is paying you either $10, $25, or $100 dollars to go shopping. All you have to do is pick something up for a minimum of $10, and scan your Sprize Card to find out how much you were awarded. It doesn't say anything about any purchase minimum, but I think you have to use the full amount that day. So if you happen to find a $10 shirt on sale, scan your sprize card, and you know you're guaranteed at least 10 bucks!

*Offer is valid from April 8, 2010 through April 12, 2010 with sprize™ membership only. Limit one coupon per customer and while supplies last. Coupon obtained in store is good for one time use only at the following Gap stores in Canada only: Kerrisdale Kids, Robson Street, Oakridge Centre, Pacific Centre, Park Royal Shopping Mall, Richmond Centre, Metropolis at Metrotown, Seven Oaks Shopping Centre, Coquitlam Centre, and Guilford Town Centre. Not valid online, Gap Factory Stores or Gap Generations stores. Coupon must be surrendered at time of purchase. Amount of purchase must be equal to or greater than the value of the discount. Not valid on gift cards. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. No adjustments on previous purchases. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Gap Inc. is not responsible for lost or stolen coupons. Merchandise purchased with this coupon may be exchanged for the value of the merchandise at time of purchase or refunded for the actual price paid. All returns are subject to the Gap return policy. If merchandise is returned for a refund, the value of this coupon will be forfeited. Cards with the following discounts will be distributed: (97,000) $10 off approximate odds of receiving 1:1; (2,450) $25 off approximate odds of receiving 1:40; (50) $100 off approximate odds of receiving 1:2000.
    This thread is currently associated with: Gap
    Last edited by sunshine88; Wed, Apr 7th, 2010 at 01:12 PM.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

How does/did one get a Sprize card?

Edit: Looks to be in Vancouver only?

http://www.mysprize.com/
    Last edited by grumpy; Wed, Apr 7th, 2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: found answer

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Ooo yay, that's pretty cool! Looks like I'll be going to the Gap this weekend! Thanks for the post!

(yes, the sprize card is only for the greater Vancouver area)

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i wonder if they will ever have it for Ontario?

Myguppy
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

This could be fun!! Thanks for the heads up :D

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    How does/did one get a Sprize card?

Edit: Looks to be in Vancouver only?

http://www.mysprize.com/
    you're right, i didnt notice it was just Vancouver. When they approached me to sign up for this, I know they told me this program was just a testing to be done in Gap before it reaches Old Navy and Banana Republic, but I wasn't sure about whether or not its in BC only.

Mom on a Mission
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

It is just in Gap stores in Metro Vancvouer area. It's a pilot progroam that likley will be launched everywhere by Christmas hopefully. They are working out the kinks and how it will fully work. I work for Gap but not in Vancouver and we are excited about it too cause then customers don't have to worry about price adjustments because it's automatic to your sprize card and I belive it's 45 days instead of the 7 day one time price adjustment you get in store right now.
    My Savings So far!
    Total Spent : 13.47
    Total Saved : 20.91

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I asked the cashier for a scratch card and I revealed $10 off. I was hoping to find a $10 quality item to get something for free but all I could see was a t-shirt in clearance for $13.99 and it was thin material. So I just left. Did anyone else scratch off anything higher than $10 ?

Canadian Banana
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I have a 10% off coupon, can I combine?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ClipClap View Post
    I asked the cashier for a scratch card and I revealed $10 off. I was hoping to find a $10 quality item to get something for free but all I could see was a t-shirt in clearance for $13.99 and it was thin material. So I just left. Did anyone else scratch off anything higher than $10 ?
    i actually ended up getting a $10 card too, and so did my sister, so we just both walked out with a pair of underwear priced at $9.50, and so I didn't pay anything, not even tax. And when I asked why, the cashier explained the 10 dollars is before the subtotal. My sister was able to find two pairs of underwear in the sale box for $1.97 and $7.99, so since it was $9.96 before tax, she paid nothing too..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dont really understand this, so let say I go to GAP tomorrow and buy t-shirt 20bucks
    then go to cashier and get the sprize card and scratch to figure about the discount?
    DesignDream for custom photo invitations
    www.artfire.com/users/designdream

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by DesignDream View Post
    I dont really understand this, so let say I go to GAP tomorrow and buy t-shirt 20bucks
    then go to cashier and get the sprize card and scratch to figure about the discount?
    yeah thats right. You can sign up for the sprize card on the spot, or some stores have staff walking around asking you if you've registered yet, and if not, they do it for you right then and there. And when you're ready to pay, they give you a scratch card, and you can take off either $10, 25 or $100 off your purchase, with a guaranteed 10 dollars

I prefer to call it "getting paid $10 to go shopping"

Thread Information