User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I ended up buying a 42 inch plasma yesterday on sale. It's too big for my entertainment unit ( I knew that before I bought the tv). However I didn't price out tv stands. Yikes! Many of them are $100.00-$300.00 or more for my size of tv. I found one online at Jysk for $59.00, regular $99.00. It would fit the tv size. My neighbour doesn't like Jysk products. I've never shopped their before.

The only other place I can think of is the Salvation Army or Goodwill. Maybe find a used stand that I can paint or restain.

I heard some people don't necessarily buy a tv stand but use a piece of furniture that would hold a tv. Unfortunately I don't have anything around the house that would work. The tv is quite heavy (glass screen), around 50-60 pounds.

Any ideas of where to look?
    This thread is currently associated with: JYSK

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Canadian Tire has one on sale that holds up to a 42" television. It's on sale currently at 39.99: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

with flat screens most people buy wall mounts and mount them on the wall.. though for a plasma you do need a pretty hefty wall mount (due to the weight of the TV)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I've seen some at Ikea for 30-40 bucks. Same for Walmart at around the same price and at 48/49.

A lot of sites have their stock shown. Have you researched them?

Ikea
    Walmart
    Canadian tire
    Future shop
    Best buy
    Zellers (not online but in store)
    Etc etc

It'll give you a better idea than a range of 100-300.

Tho personally, I've factored in at least $100 for the unit lol. I like the idea of compartments rather than two wide open shelves. Unless I find some really cool baskets XD haha

Also, the stand is for you. Not your neighbor. Doesn't hurt to at least go look at the stand you saw online.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I like jysk. I have a a book shelf and four dressers from jysk. My advice though, is to not use the the nails the furniture comes with, use your own (as the tack nails it comes with are honestly too small and if you plan on moving the furniture you don't want it falling apart), Also, glue everything together, just to give you the extra security that it won't come apart on you. It's alright quality, no different than walmart etc. I had bought the furniture from them that was 100% wood, no pressed wood or cardboard. It all depends on how well you put the furniture together. The bookshelf required quite a few nails and screws to put it together, and took a little longer than the walmart stuff.

Also, look at how much your tv weighs, make sure to get a unit that will support the weight.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post

Also, look at how much your tv weighs, make sure to get a unit that will support the weight.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

yeah,wal mounts are great, i really want one,although you have to find them at a good price The reason i love it most is because you put it on your wall and no need to take up more space in a room!
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

kris10 if you have a costco membership check there! they have the best price for wall mounts!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks!

I will likely go for a stand. I looked up the one on sale at Cdn Tire and a few on the Walmart website. This week I plan on heading to Jysk, Cdn Tire and Walmart. So the range is $39.99 to $99.00.

Yay! As I was typing this, I was looking in my wallet and discovered I have $60.00 in Wm gift cards so that will definitely help in the decision

The tv is around 50-60 pounds. Most of the stands advertised mention the maxium weight the stand can hold and the tv base must be no larger than (insert # of inches)

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

Your post reminded me of my brag.... can't beat a $3 TV stand.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/214119-...-stand-canada/

Thread Information