User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

hi friends actually i have read here somewhere that some pplz here do mystery shopping.with my 2 kids i cant work full time ,so i was planing to apply for mystery shopping job.but i want to knw from you SMART pplz here.ie. how it works?how they pay?where should i apply?

your help will be really appriciated.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not really worth it. Most make very little for the hassle or just break even. Long forms to fill out and if you make a mistake, you may not get paid.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Which company/companies have you tried, D-Roc?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I did it for a few months...not worth the pittance you're paid, and jobs are few and far between. Lots of details in the reports you have to send out...I'm sorry I can't remember the company I was with, but just make sure that if you decide to do this, that you're NOT asked to pay any fees. That's just a scam.

If I was thinking of a side-line right now, it would absolutely be Avon! My friend is making a killing and the products were even highlighted in O-magazine in the April addition as 'select' product choices! It costs very little to get involved, you get a little walking in, dropping off booklets and of course, it depends on your neighbourhood (ie, people who can't get out to buy makeup, and there's no social or economic group that doesn't seem to buy them!)
    I just re-discovered their products and omg...when I can buy deoderant for 79cents, I'm IN! LOL!!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, I have a friend who does Avon, and she just loves it. Last year, when I couldn't get out and do a lot of shopping, I rediscovered Avon too and slowly tried a fair number of their products and ordered online when they were on sale and they often have free shipping. I agree with you about the deoderant price - plus, it's good! They often bundle things too, for clearance. Plus, I love the quality of their earrings - when they have some I like and can afford.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lynn, I have a friend who does Avon, and she just loves it. Last year, when I couldn't get out and do a lot of shopping, I rediscovered Avon too and slowly tried a fair number of their products and ordered online when they were on sale and they often have free shipping. I agree with you about the deoderant price - plus, it's good! They often bundle things too, for clearance. Plus, I love the quality of their earrings - when they have some I like and can afford.
    Isn't it funny how things happen? Now, I wouldn't trade my foundation of lipsticks for any other brands (although I haven't tried Avon's 8-hour or whatever they're called)...and I did get the neatest bundle earlier this month (the Timeless powder, deodorant and moisturizing cream in that cute little rolly-polly pot), tried it, then ordered another one in Timeless, and also one set in SweetHonesty! I tell ya...when you just want to smell clean and fresh without wearing perfume, that stuff is great and I've even been asked what I was wearing! LOL!! And that bundle was the same price as one of the products alone! And you're SO right about the deodorant....I used to spend over $3 for Secret and now I can get 3 for that price through Avon and they work even better! Secret used to irritate me, but at least it works, I thought. hah! I think I have deodorants in about 5 different scents! LOL!!

My girlfriend sold $13,000 worth last year PART-TIME!! She just made (I think it's called) the President's Level, so she now receives 40% of what she sells. Not bad for part-time and I do mean part-time...she holds down two other jobs that amount to full-time hours!

If I were younger I'd get into that biz in a minute!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 24th, 2010 at 04:28 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Which company/companies have you tried, D-Roc?

Honestly none. This is based on research I have done and my wife had a friend who did it and said there is not much money in it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I sell Avon, and you can actually earn 40% even if you're not in the President's Club. But you have to sell a LOT in order to earn that much.
    I don't really make much money from it but that's because I don't put much effort into it. I just have it to get discounts on great products and if a friend happens to want something I'll order it for them too.
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I sell Avon, and you can actually earn 40% even if you're not in the President's Club. But you have to sell a LOT in order to earn that much.
    I don't really make much money from it but that's because I don't put much effort into it. I just have it to get discounts on great products and if a friend happens to want something I'll order it for them too.
    Hm. Good idea, Papillon! lol! What kind of discount do you get, may I ask? Is it worth being a rep to get those discounts? Do you have to sell a certain amount in order to get discounts?
    Veeeery interesting....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You get 10% on any order from $1-$119, then it's 20% and I'm not sure what the rest of the discounts are, like how much you have to sell to get 30 or 40%.
    But there are lots of great incentives. This past order I got a free lipgloss, didn't even order it they just sent it with my order!
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

My Grandma sold Avon for 30 yrs!!!!
    <center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center><center></center>http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/FreebieChick
    http://www.winster.com/refer.jsp?uid=n30kdpgphys5r

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

You'll never get rich doing mystery shopping. You'll make some pocket money and get some interesting free stuff, but it takes awhile to build up a list of enough companies you contract for to make any kind of cash.

If that doesn't discourage you, try signing up for the companies at this link:

http://www.volition.com/mysteryint.html

Along the same lines, you might consider working as a scheduler for a mystery shopping company. I did that for quite a few years when the kids were little, and it wasn't bad for a part time job.

You also might look at alternatives, as others have suggested. Selling Avon (or other home products) is a good idea. My SIL drove a school bus for awhile - you can take your kids with you. Or consider your own skills and how you can turn that into something for cash.

Do your research, and never pay to "apply" for a job. Good luck, and let us know how you make out!

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I do mystery shopping here and there - mostly when I go up to my mom's. She lives in rural Ontario and there aren't many/any mystery shoppers up there - so the jobs just keep getting $$ incentives added to them - so I'll do a few while I'm up visiting. I do the Bell and Rogers mystery shops. They are easy and take no time at all.

Here's the company I shop for: https://www.experienceexchange.com
    I'm always open to trading for pet product coupons (especially free products and high value coupons) - I donate these items to shelters and rescue groups.
    My motivation - My Dog. Read his story here: www.freewebs.com/michelle_and_dinglehopper

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess in this Household View Post
    You'll never get rich doing mystery shopping. You'll make some pocket money and get some interesting free stuff, but it takes awhile to build up a list of enough companies you contract for to make any kind of cash.

If that doesn't discourage you, try signing up for the companies at this link:

http://www.volition.com/mysteryint.html

Along the same lines, you might consider working as a scheduler for a mystery shopping company. I did that for quite a few years when the kids were little, and it wasn't bad for a part time job.

You also might look at alternatives, as others have suggested. Selling Avon (or other home products) is a good idea. My SIL drove a school bus for awhile - you can take your kids with you. Or consider your own skills and how you can turn that into something for cash.

Do your research, and never pay to "apply" for a job. Good luck, and let us know how you make out!
    Volition! That's where I found the company to work for!
    Unfortunately I still can't remember the company's name, but it seems like it might be SG Marketing Group. I had to take tests on-line to get my qualifications for every company they had me work for to get to know the company better....it was easy enough, but certainly not a money-maker. I did fast-food restaurants (had to order very specific things), a couple retail stores (had to buy something, then bring it back, each time judging customer service)....got paid a pittance for all that work plus the looong paperwork. Not very exciting at all.....

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Hm. Well, I make a decent second income doing mystery shopping, but I have been doing it for 12 years, so I guess it just depends. But if you haven't done it before, I don't know how you can say you can't make money at it. Check out the volition site for sure.
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information