User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Dollarama Canada Reviews and Item Lists (in-store)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Knorr dry soup mixes, boullion cubes, marinade sauces.

Yarn has been restocked.

Tame shampoo, conditioner, and body wash galore today

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a laptop cable lock at Dollarama (Yarmouth NS) the other day for $2, model #24045

These are easily broken and should be taken off the market,

Use the padlock as a leaver to twist the lock and the 2 small guard side pieces in the part that inserts into the laptop will easily break off. (someone can make a youtube video if they like)

The packaging says "100% Guaranteed". I haven't tried to return it yet.

I guess a $2 laptop lock would break easily lol I guess most people don't try to put any force on the lock to test it and see if it actually works, seller or buyers.

I emailed the email addresses listed here:
    http://whois.domaintools.com/buffaloeastcantra.com
    http://whois.domaintools.com/dollarama.com
    and [email protected] found on the back of the packaging.

the buffaloeastcantra.com addresses bounced back.

so, now that this info has been sent to dollarama at least, and they are aware, and if they do nothing, anyone who gets their laptop stolen because of this defective lock now has extra evidence to use in court.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think for things like cables and such it's buyer beware.. I wouldn't trust a $1-$2 power cord. Anywho. I've found some slightly better deals now that the price has gone up.. Awesome yummy "Coffee" French vanilla... costs a buck.. comes with two tiny coffee shot cups.. with lids and stir stick.. just add a touch of sugar and hooooooot water.. mmmmmmm... between my sister in law and myself we've ben cleaning them out everytime they restock. I use to buy a similar tasting product that has gone off the market and nothing has compared since till that item fell into my mouth..lol.

My also I've noticed some of the good cheap products have gone up in price but down in quantity.. Like the bunches of forks/knives/spoons.. instead of 10 for a buck you get 3 or 4.. =/ Or I love these pink/green/blue/purple soft but hard rectangle scrubbers [I use to clean all my dishes.. they work so good] instead of 4 to a pack.. you get 3.. for 1.25 or 1.50... that makes me mad.

And I always seem to goto Dollarama the day they are restocking shelves.. And they [the lindsay store] have snotty teenagers working there.. they won't move out of the way [tiny isles] to let you by or help you get something. They just joke around with each other making smartass comments about the customers.

In the summer.. really hot day.. store was PACKED [lindsay is a hotbed for city folks during the summer these days]. This little of lady was trying to reach a pair of knitting needles they were about 5-8 inches out of her reach.. I watched as customers and staff looked at her and merely walked by.. I'm like... O_O I respect my elders and though i claim I'm ill mannered infront of my family [lol don't ask] I do polite things all the time out in public [getting doors for people, helping out if someone at the checkout doesn't have change etc]. I think it's just rude not to lend a hand.. kinda silly.. helping out someone is a reflex to me.. So I got the needles for her.. She thanked me, I said no problem and went on my way.

I dunno... When I had similar jobs I was just thankful to have the job and broke my butt to help anyone and do my job properly.. Kids today don't have any respect..

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    I think for things like cables and such it's buyer beware.. I wouldn't trust a $1-$2 power cord. Anywho. I've found some slightly better deals now that the price has gone up.. Awesome yummy "Coffee" French vanilla... costs a buck.. comes with two tiny coffee shot cups.. with lids and stir stick.. just add a touch of sugar and hooooooot water.. mmmmmmm... between my sister in law and myself we've ben cleaning them out everytime they restock. I use to buy a similar tasting product that has gone off the market and nothing has compared since till that item fell into my mouth..lol.

My also I've noticed some of the good cheap products have gone up in price but down in quantity.. Like the bunches of forks/knives/spoons.. instead of 10 for a buck you get 3 or 4.. =/ Or I love these pink/green/blue/purple soft but hard rectangle scrubbers [I use to clean all my dishes.. they work so good] instead of 4 to a pack.. you get 3.. for 1.25 or 1.50... that makes me mad.

And I always seem to goto Dollarama the day they are restocking shelves.. And they [the lindsay store] have snotty teenagers working there.. they won't move out of the way [tiny isles] to let you by or help you get something. They just joke around with each other making smartass comments about the customers.

In the summer.. really hot day.. store was PACKED [lindsay is a hotbed for city folks during the summer these days]. This little of lady was trying to reach a pair of knitting needles they were about 5-8 inches out of her reach.. I watched as customers and staff looked at her and merely walked by.. I'm like... O_O I respect my elders and though i claim I'm ill mannered infront of my family [lol don't ask] I do polite things all the time out in public [getting doors for people, helping out if someone at the checkout doesn't have change etc]. I think it's just rude not to lend a hand.. kinda silly.. helping out someone is a reflex to me.. So I got the needles for her.. She thanked me, I said no problem and went on my way.

I dunno... When I had similar jobs I was just thankful to have the job and broke my butt to help anyone and do my job properly.. Kids today don't have any respect..

That was nice of you to help. And unfortunately many teens now a days feel the are ENTITLED (wonder where they picked that idea up from?) to do whatever whenever they want. So it's nice that you were a proper "grown-up" and helped that lady out. I'm sure that if/when you have children of your own you will pass on some good lessons about helping others.

Trading Score
    71 (100%)

Awe *cries* I'm a teen!!

But that sucks, they should've helped.
    I Love you; not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.

Tradelist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/102892-...t-12th-canada/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm not saying every teen out there is like that by any means lol.. i'm still young too.. lol ^_^ But there's quite a few.. It's their job to help customers not louse about joking with each other during work hours... oh well.. that's just me.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Kitten View Post
    I think for things like cables and such it's buyer beware.. I wouldn't trust a $1-$2 power cord.
    I wouldn't worry about it so much, and generally cables are cables. Even Monoprice sells their power cables for around $1-3, and their quality is not in question at all.
    If you find something like a HDMI or an audio cable at Dollorama, it's basically 100% certain that it will give the same performance as a $50 Monster or other branded cable, unless the Dollorama cable is obviously physically damaged at the connector, or slashed through.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I found some great deals at dollarama yesterday.
    A cd case that is PERFECT for holding coupons. $1.25
    Small cuecards already ringed together with seperate sections by colour. $1
    Great dividers (used for my coupon binder!) $1 for 8 of them plus 2 title page things!
    Really good quality too

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh another good thing Dollarama is good for is Arts and crafts.. You'll have to dig for stuff [I make such a mess when I go into that section, lol] but you'll find neat things. paints, stickers, wooden boxes and such. Now that my niece and nephew are getting a little older they love to make things so it's fun to hand them random things and some glue and see what they make.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw Nestle Carnation hot chocolate 10x28g Creamy Milk and Rich and Creamy $2.00
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Oct 18th, 2009 at 02:53 AM.

shameus
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

my husband always says what would i do with out my dollar rama !! no kidding
    but i buy tons of stuff my Trenton store is the best its loaded with stuff and if you have to return something they gladly do it... the isle are wide, the staff is very helpful .... right now they are changing isles around grr...

heres one good thing to have
    and hubby agrees i purchased a door stop not just any door stop and you dont put it
    on the floor so the dogs or cats can take off with it, they come in the following colours brass, white, creame, copper etc you attach the post on the wall and the other piece on the top side of the door and when you open the door they just click together it has a magntic (sp) if you have a door that the wind is always slamming it shut this works perfect and its easy to install
    i get my bungy (sp) cords there to wrap my lawn chair cushions because my dogs like to remove the cushions and lay on them in the grass...
    all kinds of tape and love my duct tape and photo paper wow it works wonderful

AND a many long full moons ago Regal stationary remember them , they use to sell a little coupon book Im always being stopped when people see it wanting to know where did a get such a thing , its falling apart and held together with tape but it still works and holds over a couple hundred coupons i think i paid 4.95 for it and its about 15 years old now
    wish i could find a maker to make them they would make $$$ on them

have a great day everyone

sherrall

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shameus2000 View Post
    my husband always says what would i do with out my dollar rama !! no kidding
    but i buy tons of stuff my Trenton store is the best its loaded with stuff and if you have to return something they gladly do it... the isle are wide, the staff is very helpful .... right now they are changing isles around grr...

heres one good thing to have
    and hubby agrees i purchased a door stop not just any door stop and you dont put it
    on the floor so the dogs or cats can take off with it, they come in the following colours brass, white, creame, copper etc you attach the post on the wall and the other piece on the top side of the door and when you open the door they just click together it has a magntic (sp) if you have a door that the wind is always slamming it shut this works perfect and its easy to install
    i get my bungy (sp) cords there to wrap my lawn chair cushions because my dogs like to remove the cushions and lay on them in the grass...
    all kinds of tape and love my duct tape and photo paper wow it works wonderful

AND a many long full moons ago Regal stationary remember them , they use to sell a little coupon book Im always being stopped when people see it wanting to know where did a get such a thing , its falling apart and held together with tape but it still works and holds over a couple hundred coupons i think i paid 4.95 for it and its about 15 years old now
    wish i could find a maker to make them they would make $$$ on them

have a great day everyone

sherrall
    Sherrall....if you go to Regal.ca you can flip thru their catalogues to try and find another coupon book.....or perhaps give them a call....I really miss their stores....I absolutely loved their wrapping papers!...Lynn

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

[quote=MaddensMomma;1371664]I found some great deals at dollarama yesterday.
    A cd case that is PERFECT for holding coupons. $1.25

What a great idea! I love that. Thanks for sharing

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sittingstill4 View Post
    i always count my items as i am taking them out of my cart
    I will make it a point to count mine too! I don't know why I haven't thought of that!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Today I saw <meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.1 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --></style>Maybelline Intense XXL Mascara for $2, few varieties including waterproof. Looks like a great deal.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information