User Tag List

Thread: Kingston Oasis

Never pay retail
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sometimes you want to hide your favourite bargains, but I'm rooting for these owners to make a success of things.

Longtime Kingstonians will know the Westbrook Quarry. People trespassed for decades to swim there.

In the past few years, it was purchased by people that swam there as kids. They've put in a sand beach, there are picnic tables and they just introduced rentals of water toys, like a paddle boat or raft for $2/ 1/2 hr.

It's a modest $3 to come from noon until 8, water is warm (mostly), clear, and there are lots of good safe spots to dive from.

Go out Princess Street and through most of Westbrook to Brule Road, and hang right (no way to hang left).

PS... if you are a couple with a couple of kids, ask if you can bring the whole car in for $10... I know they are flexible if you get the owner and not one of the employees. Toddlers and dogs are $1.

And beers permitted, as long as you are not driving. Just make sure they are cans.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Oh wow, so cool! That's so great! How did I not know about this? lol. Thanks so much for the post Jasmine! DH & I will totally be bringing DD there sometime this summer to check it out. Thanks!

Never pay retail
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Here's a bit of video my friend shot with her phone out there one day; I'm the one shoreside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQewwKB8Zqg

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Neat! Looks like fun!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was out there today and couldnt find where this place was can someone tell me .... I drove to the very end of Brule Road.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

Very cool, thanks!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it is located at the end of brule road on your right hand sign but the last time I was there it was closed. Will keep checking to see if it is open but if anyone has any information about what is going on, please let me know.

Thanks.

Never pay retail
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I haven't been out yet this year, but I heard that the owners had financial problems. I believe people may be parking along the road and trespassing however, because my friend's kid goes out there with the dog.

Thread Information