User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    in the Ghetto of Richmond...apparently :rolleyes:
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

MY RCSS will only allow a person to use one coupon, either a in store coupon or a manufacturer coupon, not both. Kind of sucks that some stores allow it and others don't considering they are the same company.
    :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2: :pottytrain2:

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tidytaurus View Post
    What location did you have a problem at?? I use them all the time no problem.
    I went to the one in Panorama Hills and I went to an actual cashier instead of the self checkout because my son was having a melt down. Anytime I go to the self checkout at Huntington Hills I never have an issue. I am going to go to Huntington today and return my coffee and purchase it using my coupons then at the self checkout. Sounds like the ones at Panorama have too much time on their hands.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I had an issue at the Huntington hill one once, I go there ALL the time with no problems, but this one girl at the self-checkout told me it was one or another and I told her I have always been allowed to use both because technically they are 2 different offers, one manufacturer and one a RCSS offer, I asked her to call the manager and she said she was a supervisior and knew all the rules. Anyways, I emailed RCSS to find out their policy on it and got back a very vague email saying if coupons say they cannot be combined then you can only use one or another, which these coupons didn't. I will be interested to see what your email from them says.

I went to Panorama yesterday and the self-checkout lady was VERY picky about my coupons and came over to look at each item carefully.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The "official" word is if the coupon says "cannot be combined with any other offer", then they won't stack. Here is the quote from Loblows CS:

"We do accept manufacturer coupons however they must have "To The Dealer or Retailer" text on them. They cannot be past expiration and the cashier must follow the exact instructions as laid out by the coupon. The disclaimer “one per purchase” or “one per customer” means only one coupon can be used per transaction regardless of the number of units you are purchasing. If the disclaimer reads “one coupon per item” you would be able to redeem as many coupons as units you are purchasing per transaction. At this time we do not offer anything like “double coupon” or “double stacking days”. If any of the coupons you are redeeming for an item say “cannot be combined with any other offer” than you are not able to redeem a second coupon on that item. Lastly, we do accept “2 for 1” coupons as long as they adhere to the above mentioned stipulations. We also often have in store “2 for 1” sales and promotions for which a coupon is not necessary."

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Just a few days ago I bought 10 cans of Melitta using the in-store coupon and a manufacturer coupon, and the cashier had no problems with it. I am in Calgary too, and went to the Signal Hill Superstore.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work at RCSS and as far as I know you can use both coupons. Let us know when you hear back from them though!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

So today I went and returned the coffee. I took it to Customer Service and the lady working was going to give me the full amount back because she didn't notice I had used instore coupons. So I pointed out that I had used coupons on each can so wasn't entitled to the full amount - she was glad I pointed that out and gave me the proper amount back. And then I went to the coffee aisle and picked up 3 cans and 3 coupons and went through self checkout and had no issue using the instore and the manufacturer coupons. I think I'll get a few more this week and then I am done with the whole coffee thing for awhile even if is on sale next week. LOL

If I get a response from RCSS I will post it though. Haven't heard anything though. Thanks for everyones comments. I call you guys "My Peeps" when I talk to my husband. He just rolls his eyes at what a coupon nerd I've become.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I wish all the grocery stores had a clear coupon policy stated on their website that we could print off and stick in our coupon binder.

Then when a difficult (or just misinformed) cashier starts in with "We don't accept those here" etc we could pull out the policy and say, "Well, according to your Head Office, you do."

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thecountess View Post
    I wish all the grocery stores had a clear coupon policy stated on their website that we could print off and stick in our coupon binder.

Then when a difficult (or just misinformed) cashier starts in with "We don't accept those here" etc we could pull out the policy and say, "Well, according to your Head Office, you do."

That would make life too easy for us though

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have received a response back from Customer Serivce West for Loblaws and we are allowed to use and instore coupon and a manufacturers coupon on an item as long as it does not exceed the value of the item. See below for full response. I can forward it to anyone who wants to print it off and carry it around as I intend to do!!

Thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding our coupon policy.

We currently do not have our coupon policy listed on our websites, however, essentially, a customer may use more than one manufacturer's coupon up to but not exceeding the retail price of the item only if the coupon does not state limit one coupon per purchase. In the event the coupon states something along the lines of “buy xx save $xx.xx” and does not indicate any limits, one coupon needs to be presented for each of the number of units indicated on the coupon to obtain the savings indicated. Also, where a retailer accepts a manufacturer's discount coupon for taxable goods purchased, tax is payable by the customer on the full price of the item unless the coupon entitles the customer to a free product.
    Both a manufacturer and an in store coupon may be applied to an item - however, the combined value cannot exceed the retail price. (i.e. the customer cannot receive cash in return).
    Online coupons should be accepted (as long as the coupon indicates the retailer will be reimbursed); the only time an online coupon is not accepted if there is communication sent regarding possible fraudulent coupons. Please note coupons that are photocopies are not accepted.
    Ms Roberts, if I can be of further assistance, please let me know and I will be more than happy to help you.
    Sincerely,

Geraldine Kearns
    Sr. Customer Relations Representative, LCL Customer Relations, Central Operations
    Loblaw Companies Limited

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for posting, good to know.
    I haven't tried to use a manufacturer coupon and instore coupon on purchase of an item. Might be worthwhile to have the companies response printed and carry it with your coupons so if there are any questions you can show the cashier/CS.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm not sure if anyone picked up on this but this means we can "stack" MFG's coupons and RCSS not just instore + MFG :

We currently do not have our coupon policy listed on our websites, however, essentially, a customer may use more than one manufacturer's coupon up to but not exceeding the retail price of the item only if the coupon does not state limit one coupon per purchase.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

This is a more restrictive policy than London Drugs but we just need to keep our eyes out for coupons that don't say one per purchase!
    Last edited by djbout; Mon, Nov 9th, 2009 at 05:46 PM.

Allergic to Stupidity
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by djbout View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone picked up on this but this means we can "stack" MFG's coupons and RCSS not just instore + MFG :

We currently do not have our coupon policy listed on our websites, however, essentially, a customer may use more than one manufacturer's coupon up to but not exceeding the retail price of the item only if the coupon does not state limit one coupon per purchase.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

This is a more restrictive policy than London Drugs but we just need to keep our eyes out for coupons that don't say one per purchase!

LOL!! I saw that, too. Can't wait for my next RCSS trip. :D
    Better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & confirm it.
    $15 Paypal, $100 Amazon since July, and counting! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kaldirris

Trading Score
    71 (100%)

So...does that mean if you have a manufacturer coupon that was like...sent to you in the mail from the company, you can just it in conjunction with a coupon found in store?
    I Love you; not for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.

Tradelist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/102892-...t-12th-canada/

Allergic to Stupidity
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie View Post
    So...does that mean if you have a manufacturer coupon that was like...sent to you in the mail from the company, you can just it in conjunction with a coupon found in store?
    Yep.
    My RCSS has ALWAYS allowed 1 manufacturer's coupon + 1 in-store coupon per item (which I LOVE!), but now, it seems we can stack mftr coupons, too. Sweet!
    (that sound you're hearing is my bank account singing 'Ave Maria'! LOL)

~ by in-store, we mean the coupons with the red "in store coupon" banner on them, that you find at the "Coupon Zone" in the front of the store, not the coupons that company reps place in their displays, of course.
    Last edited by Kaldirris; Mon, Nov 9th, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
    Better to remain silent & be thought a fool than to open your mouth & confirm it.
    $15 Paypal, $100 Amazon since July, and counting! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kaldirris

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information