User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Best Hair Straightner?

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Mine is a few years old now, and I'm thinking of using my amazon gc's to order a new one. What are your favs?
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a Paul Mitchell one at my hairdresser three or four years ago for around $90 and it was the best money I've ever spent. I've totally abused this thing and it has NEVER let me down. I've accidently left it on all day probably 10 times or so (at the highest temp) and it has never burned a table, article of clothing etc. I've never had any problem with it, and it heats up in like twenty seconds and is ready to use. Not saying you should do this.. I just mean it's very well made.

I don't know what kind of hair you have, but mine is super thick and curly, just past my shoulders and my PM will straighten my entire head in ten minutes or less. Seriously - best on the market IMO!

Join Beyond The Rack to gain access to the INVITE ONLY sample sale shopping website!

http://www.beyondtherack.com/member/invite/B21C7C73

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My hair is thick and wavy! So I'm looking for something with a lot of power that does the job fast and will keep my hair staright! I'll check this one out!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely do! I'm not trying to plug it aha, but a bunch of my girlfriends have had terrible luck with the drugstore ones. Although I do hear the Wet2Straight one by.. Conair - I BELIEVE - is pretty good too, but I really don't trust the fake ceramic ones, my hair gets way too damaged too quickly (as I'm sure yours does too)

The PM one heats up to.. 420 I believe.. or maybe its 350 - reallllly hot and it seals in the moisture so your hair is silky soft all day! I love it! haha

I believe this is the one that a lot of hairdressers are using these days at least my girl does, so you could always ask them to straighten your hair the next time you get it cut and see how you like it.
    Join Beyond The Rack to gain access to the INVITE ONLY sample sale shopping website!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I have a Paul Brown (it was around $110), and it's fabulous. I also have thick, really wavy (almost curly) hair, and it does an amazing job! It heats up ridiculously hot, and it keeps my style for 2-3 days. It's been a huge time saver!! My hairdresser has one that's almost identical, but it's a Chi (not sure on the price on those)!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I have a Chi that I got when my sister was hairdressing here a few years ago(bought with her discount at the beauty supply store)..I think at her price it was 110.00...anyways, I have SUPER thick and curly hair, and this straightener does the trick in less than ten minutes...and my hair is halfway down my back and naturally thick and curly...also, it is about 3+ years and good as new...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have the SEDU from like 2002. The style is the same for the newer ones, except they now heat up to 400 F (mine is only 275 F). I love it though. It makes your hair sooo soft and not dehydrated. If you look it up on Folica.com it's rated #1 or #2 I believe. You should check out that site though. That's where I ordered mine from years ago and the Top 10 now come with a heat pouch.

ƃuılıǝɔ ǝɥʇ uo ƃuıɔuɐp Rockin' Kitty's Avatar
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    I have a Chi that I got when my sister was hairdressing here a few years ago(bought with her discount at the beauty supply store)..I think at her price it was 110.00...anyways, I have SUPER thick and curly hair, and this straightener does the trick in less than ten minutes...and my hair is halfway down my back and naturally thick and curly...also, it is about 3+ years and good as new...
    I agree. CHI is the best!
    I've rec'd over $1500 so far of Amazon.ca gift cards. All for free!
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/FarrahnsMom

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I have a conair one that I got for $20 LOL!! but I very rarely straighten all my hair cause its takes too long...I just use it for my bangs mostly because they do weird things when they dry

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    My hair is thick and wavy! So I'm looking for something with a lot of power that does the job fast and will keep my hair staright! I'll check this one out!
    The chi is what I would recommend as well, it gets super hot and very effective. Expensive yes, but I've had mine for 5+ years and no problems with it at all, and have wavy hair too.

Senior Canuck Goddess in this Household's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Another vote for the Chi. Love mine!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've heard from hairdressers say to steer clear of Conair. They really aren't ceramic, only ceramic plated. I've heard Chi is great. I've had a Babyliss Pro that I got about 5 years ago for $120. It's just now starting to go on the fritz. The plug must have a short in it cause I have to wiggle it now to get it to stay on, but I'm going to be purchasing a new one this week and I'll probably stick with Babyliss.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've heard from hairdressers say to steer clear of Conair. They really aren't ceramic, only ceramic plated. I've heard Chi is great. I've had a Babyliss Pro that I got about 5 years ago for $120. It's just now starting to go on the fritz. The plug must have a short in it cause I have to wiggle it now to get it to stay on, but I'm going to be purchasing a new one this week and I'll probably stick with Babyliss.
    I used to have a babyliss and mine did the exact same thing as yours! I had to wiggle it to get it to go! Mine actually started a small fire in a hotel i was staying in - luckily I was right there, but it was scary. I loved mine when I had it though! haha

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I've got a Chi. I don't usually straighten my hair, but I love my Chi.
    It straightens and curls hair, I love the versatility of it.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I have a cortex. it was 49.99 at winners(it came with a big one and a mini one for bangs maybe? lol) they retail for like 130(those little boutiques in the middle of the mall), there right up there with the CHI when it comes to performance, you can curl and straighten, its got a lifetime warentee, and it simply works AMAZING!!! lol i have extremely curly frizzy dry broken thick hair and it does the trick for me in about 30 minutes(my hair is pretty long too) I have tried all the drugstore brands.. conair etc. there all CRAP. cortex is my true love<3 lol
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information