User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by army_girl29 View Post
    Bc of the time of the occurances, that is why I think it persisted. Bylaw only works til 2am and then the cops come but they don't issue fines, so I had to contact by-law and get a mgr to serve them a written warning and I also filled out paperwork in case it happens again so they'll be fined. We'll see, I am crossing my fingers.

good for you just keep ontop of it it's not fair for them to be doing this and gl

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by army_girl29 View Post
    Bc of the time of the occurances, that is why I think it persisted. Bylaw only works til 2am and then the cops come but they don't issue fines, so I had to contact by-law and get a mgr to serve them a written warning and I also filled out paperwork in case it happens again so they'll be fined. We'll see, I am crossing my fingers.

Can you tell me a bit about what your bylaw officer does? Where I live, the noise bylaw is a 24/7 thing - no noise is allowed that would "disturb the inhabitants" at any time - only the 10pm - 7am timeframe specifically forbids construction and excavating noise

One of the prohibited noises is sound or noise from a sound system - and in the spring, a new neighbour moved in and proceeded to set up some fancy schmancy sound system in his shed - and almost every day since then, he's out there, shed doors wide open, with this sound system at full blast. It literally made the neighbours windows rattle. I spoke to him and made him aware of the bylaw, and other neighbours have spoken to him as well, all to no avail.

I called the bylaw officer and he drove by a few times, and of course, the times he drove by, this neighbour was nowhere to be seen, and all was quiet.

So I'm wondering if your bylaw officer needs to hear the noise himself, or if he can issue a warning based on your complaint?
    Last edited by tvwatcher; Tue, Sep 7th, 2010 at 06:54 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

In Ottawa, City by-law only works til 2am then it is handed over to the City Police til I believe 7am. From what I understand the police can tell the people to be quiet but not fine, so if you have an on-going issue after 2am, you will need to call city by-law so that they can help you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information