User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I live in a fairly busy area of the city (so I am used to noise) but nothing compares to my horrible neighbours.

My neighbours are students and work at bars, they get done around 2:30amish and have parties in their back yeard which is right next to my bedroom. I find that they have a party usually once a week on the weekend every weekend since May.

I have attempted to ask them nicely to stop but so far they aren't listening. Should I call the cops the next time or what do you think???

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sucks. I guess you're going to have to call the cops. What else can you do? Unless you want to have a party near their bedroom window at about 7am.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Do you have the same landlord as them? If you do, you could go to your landlord to complain first.
    Wanna get prizes and gift cards just for surfing the web?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Tuktu60

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely go to your landlord. He can give them a couple of warnings and can file for eviction if needed because they are disrupting the enjoyment of the other tenants. You can also call the City of Ottawa By-Law Enforcement by dialing 311 - 24/7. After 11pm they have to shut up and can get a fine (the tenants) and the landlord will usually be notified in writing. You can complain anonymously or give the By-Law people your name, etc. They do not disclose it to anyone and when you give your info, you will get a reference/report number and you can actually call and check on the results. Phone EVERY SINGLE TIME. Or yes...you can call the police too if nothing else is working.
    April Boomer
    Independent BeautiControl Consultant
    www.LusciousSpa.com

[email protected]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope you share a landlord. I had the exact same situation happen to me a couple of years back. One night it was so bad I had to end it right then. The cops showed up three times in one night to tell them to shut up but did they?? Nope! I was fed up so I fired off a long email explaining everything to my landlord. He was there at 8am the next morning screaming his head off at them and gave them a 60 day eviction notice. If they changed their behaviour within those 60 days then they could stay. I was put in charge of telling the landlord whether or not their behaviour had changed. Thankfully it did... they came over to apologize for their partying and they knew that I would be the one to get them evicted. So they said that I should just come over next time and tell them to stop instead of going to the landlord. Well, the POLICE told them to shut up on three separate occasions, I didn't think I would have to.
    Anyway, the partying did eventually stop. The police and by-law did nothing when I complained though. Not even a ticket was issued even though the police were there three times in one night.
    "Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than You." - Dr. Seuss

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

This is a regular occurance and I did call 311 last night, but it didn't look like much was being done (a cop did come but I didn't see any tickets given or anything). I even talked to my landlord before. I also gave them many warnings before getting 311 involved. I may have get my landlord involved again. It just isn't right, partying starting at 3am? Who does that?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's really upsetting that not only is your landlord not doing anything but neither are the police. You have even tried talking with them and nothing. That is pathetic! They have no care who they are disrupting and at 3 am and why would they? Nothing is being done so they are going to continue to disrupt you and I'm sure other neighbors as well. Maybe if you keep calling the police and your landlord on a nightly basis something will be done. Bug and annoy them the same way your being woken at 3am and getting annoyed. At some point the police as well as your landlord will get tired of the constant calls and coming out and maybe...just maybe something will finally be done.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with . Be a squeaky wheel!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

So far so good, will kep you posted.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Man do i ever know what you are going through. WIsh you luck..we even sold our house to get away from a VERY bad neighbor. The neighborhood we moved into appeared to be damn near perfect, i even have 2 cops living right behind me on each side, however a neighbor in the middle is prone to ridiculous parties that are waking up everyone's kids and pissing off some people. He seems to know when the cops in the area are working nights. Super ridiculous!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

Bc of the time of the occurances, that is why I think it persisted. Bylaw only works til 2am and then the cops come but they don't issue fines, so I had to contact by-law and get a mgr to serve them a written warning and I also filled out paperwork in case it happens again so they'll be fined. We'll see, I am crossing my fingers.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I really hope your problem is solved.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope it's done and over with and they will stop now seeing a warning has been issued. If they don't...ya wanna borrow my bat? LOL

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

We learned you just keep calling bylaw. Bylaw gets fed up going to the same place over and over again and start ticketing.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Not sure calling police is going to help. They most usually are of no help, and take no action. They just warn the kids and let them get away. Talking to landlord is the best option so far.
    Buy Sell Used Vehicles, Visit ~~ Used Cars Toronto

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information