User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    http://www.petakids.com/helpLucy.asp
    privacy policy.

Right now, a 35-year-old elephant named Lucy remains sick and alone in the Edmonton Valley Zoo in Canada. She has health problems because she doesn't have enough room to move, and since the weather in Edmonton is often so cold, she spends the majority of her time in a small barn. When Lucy is allowed outside, she's limited to a very small area.

Lucy is exhibiting signs of distress, and her medical records reveal that she's been suffering from arthritis as well as chronic foot problems because she has no room to move.

Please help us get Lucy to a sanctuary where she can live in a more spacious and natural environment. The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee or the PAWS sanctuary in California can offer Lucy hundreds of acres of natural habitat, ponds for bathing, fresh plants to eat, and the company of many other elephants.

What You Can Do
    Please urge the Edmonton mayor and City Council to do whatever is necessary to move Lucy to a sanctuary and permanently close the zoo's elephant exhibit. Everyone who sends a letter will receive an "Animals Belong in the Jungle" coloring book and an "I'm an Ele-Friend" sticker sheet as a special thank-you gift! Here's what you have to do:
    Write a polite letter to Mayor Stephen Mandel urging him to move Lucy to a sanctuary and permanently close the zoo's elephant exhibit. (If you'd like to draw a picture that shows Mayor Mandel why Lucy should be moved, that's great too.)

Send your letter to:

Mayor Stephen Mandel and the Edmonton City Council
    City of Edmonton
    City Hall, Second Floor
    1 Sir Winston Churchill Sq.
    Edmonton, Alberta
    T5J 2R7
    Canada

After your letter has been sent, complete this form to receive your "Animals Belong in the Jungle" coloring book and "I'm an Ele-Friend" sticker sheet.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is something everyone should sign up for. Helping an animal need is a worthy cause.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank You For Posting I Am An Animal Lover

SWAGBUCKS: http://swagbucks.com/refer/osker85 WIN WITH ME!

love life, live happy
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank-you

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanx!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everybody should sign up and write to the Mayor in Edmonton to free Lucy The Elephant. No animal should get the cold treatment.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

Aww that's sad. i used to write places like this when i got the time but it was usually via e-mil. Will definately try this once i get the time. Neat how they are giving out gifts for doing it now. Hopefully peta has some way to make sure they write them.

That's sad, wild animals totally belong in the wild or a sanctuary under certain conditions.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Campaign, not contest, seems appropriate for describing the action here. I'm sure there are customs issues too with fees and paperwork that someone would need to cover in order to help Lucy to go over the border.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello. Lucy, the 35-year-old elephant living at the Edmonton Valley Zoo, goes for daily walks in the river valley terrain, pushing over trees and foraging in the grasslands. Her health is stable and she has a comfortable life. However, she has a particularly complicated medical issue that must be responsibly managed. Lucy has a breathing problem. Elephants usually breathe through their trunks. Lucy breathes through her moth. Under stress, it is difficult for her to get enough oxygen. As a result an independent expert has said moving her would be life-threatening. To learn more about Lucy, please visit www.valleyzoo.ca/Lucy .

Thread Information