User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Is costco worth the money?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    But overall, yes, Costco is totally worth having a membership. Their are prices about 89% the same as you can see in other stores + using coupons. Sure, you have to watch for the prices, every store has its advantages and disadvantages.
    Love the clearance deals at Costco. The prices that end in .97
    There was a 2 piece Kitchen Aid bamboo cutting board for $12.97. At Target, one cutting board was $14.99
    Mia, i_forget and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My neighbour has a Costco card and I go with her to buy meats, other foods, household items, books etc. I take enough cash to pay her when the bill comes. If you know someone who has a membership, ask if you can tag along. That way you can look and compare prices. I like the meats at Costco especially the Lilydale chicken thighs. I divide and bag portions of meat and it lasts me many many months. I thought about buying a membership but I don't have a car. It would take 2-3 buses and I probably couldn't haul all that bulk stuff home by bus. So it would mean taking a taxi once in awhile. My neighbour doesn't mind me going with her so I will continue with that route for now. I think it's worth it
    HorndoggJr. and i_forget like this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Those of you buying diapers and wipes...after being told over and over to go buy diapers from costco (which I have not, and likely will not) please tell me your cost per diaper.
    i_forget likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Those of you buying diapers and wipes...after being told over and over to go buy diapers from costco (which I have not, and likely will not) please tell me your cost per diaper.
    Ancaster Costco today:

Kirkland Sz. 1/2=14.7/diaper or $19.99 for 136. sz. 3= 17.9/diaper or $37.49 for 210
    Huggies Sz 1/2 = 18.4/per or $41.99/228, sz 3=18.1 or $48.99 for 270

wipes: Kirkland 2.2/per or $19.99 for 900
    huggies 2.3/per or $26.49 for 1160.
    HorndoggJr. and annedougherty like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Right now Costco has excellent quality Kirkland Uggs style boots for $40 made with real sheepskin. Definitely not worth spending hundreds of $$$ on Uggs brand after seeing Kirkland.
    Last edited by Mia; Wed, Aug 20th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
    i_forget and torontogal12 like this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    Ancaster Costco today:

Kirkland Sz. 1/2=14.7/diaper or $19.99 for 136. sz. 3= 17.9/diaper or $37.49 for 210
    Huggies Sz 1/2 = 18.4/per or $41.99/228, sz 3=18.1 or $48.99 for 270

wipes: Kirkland 2.2/per or $19.99 for 900
    huggies 2.3/per or $26.49 for 1160.
    Thank you
    i_forget likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As a single person, I feel the Costco membership is not worth it. Instead, when I want something (mostly propane), I ask friends to take me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mulock View Post
    As a single person, I feel the Costco membership is not worth it. Instead, when I want something (mostly propane), I ask friends to take me.
    Or have your friends buy a gift card and go by yourself.
    i_forget likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am finding more and more with the rising cost of groceries Costco is becoming more and more cost effective as long as you can control yourself when you shop. If you can stick to a list your good but I do agree it is way too easy to walk out of there with way more than you need.
    i_forget and torontogal12 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I hate the annual fee but feel it's worth it for us. Love going there to look around and great for gifts/clothing etc. Coffee cream is under $2 and veggies a good deal. And moose tracks ice cream! Worth it for that alone :
    i_forget likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

what a great question!! I was just at Costco a few days ago and was asking myself this same question, I found the prices very expensive, I know you're getting larger quantities, but they don't take coupons and somethings are just cheaper elsewhere if they are on sale and if you know your prices and you have coupons. Granted there are some things that are cheaper and I buy those things, spinach, lettuce, cheese (when its on sale)...it's a great place if you dont have the time to pm or use coupons..... all the cleaning and beauty items I get way cheaper at SDM and Target!!
    coupon girl and torontogal12 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I share my membership with my family as well, fill up on gas when i go, stock up on toilet paper, shampoo/conditioner and K-cups for my Keurig they dont always have my favorite though its the indulgent timothys chai latte http://www.keurig.ca/coffee/chai-latte-k-cup-timothys they never seem to have it, unless some one else saw it at another location ?
    torontogal12 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Found out last week that anyone can use a Costco GiftCard in-store without a membership. Only thing is, you need someone who has a membership to buy the gift cards for you. I just have a friend of mine who has a membership buy the gift card for me, then I am able to buy propane and dog food at my leisure, minus the membership fee. I took her out to Starbucks for a smoothie as a thank you.
    Mia and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Seems like people like Costco meats. Do they have hormone free/organic? Or all generic (I did see they have Lilydale though)? Is it all club packs that you need monster-sized freezers for?

Thanks
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Seems like people like Costco meats. Do they have hormone free/organic? Or all generic (I did see they have Lilydale though)? Is it all club packs that you need monster-sized freezers for?

Thanks
    I buy their chicken thighs there regularly. Pretty sure they're not organic (especially for the price), but they're air chilled and IMO, much better than what I can get at the local grocery store, and cheaper than their regular price (although not cheaper than the sale price). A package is over 20 pieces, $15-$20. None of the packs of meat are small, so yes, you'd need a freezer, but not necessarily a big giant one.

They have big bags of organic mini carrots for about $6, big bags of broccoli about the same. I wish I had a neighbour to split these with, takes awhile for me to go through a giant bag of broccoli.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information