User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I don't usually shop Metro, so not sure if this is normal for them. I went in to get the salad dressing for 50 cents (Hidden valley) on my way doing errands today. I had just the salad dressing, and went to use the express cash, but it didn't matter, every lane was several people deep. I noticed the lotto cashier pulling people out to take at her cash, so I followed her over. She very rudely told me sh was only doing people that "she" came and got. I politely pointed out that I had two salad dressings, and if she could ring me through. She told me look you're not special and I'm not doing you ahead of others (she was pulling people behind, nto ahead of me out of line). I again said I was on my way to pick my kids up, could she ring me through after she was done with the next customer. Nope. Told me again I was not more special and I was being rude. I said, you've lost a sale today and a customer, and I will shop at other stores in the future, and left the salad dressing on the counter.

Wrong? Normal there? She was randomly pullnig people out of line, behind me, I found this very odd. I stewed, but went to the metro on wyandotte on the way to my parents for dinner and no problems there at all .
    This thread is currently associated with: Metro

Trading Score
    523 (100%)

It seems really silly that she wouldn't take you - you had just 2 items, you'd be quick, and she was taking people behind you out of line to help them.

I've never been to that location (I usually go to the one on Wyandotte or the one on Tecumseh at Central) so I don't know what it's usually like.

At least you were able to take advantage of the sale at another location.
    ~ Trade List ~ Let's Trade! ~ Wish List ~
    I'm looking for these coupons (and more )
    Purina Cat Chow/Friskies ~ El Monteray ~ Blue Buffalo cans
    Maxx Scoop ~ Fresh Express ~ Cheemo

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

When I do go, it ' s usually to those ones too. If anything they have good service, better then some of the other stores. I don't shop a lot as their prices are usualyl higher except for sales. But, I did get it at the other stores adn was happy. The poor service just blew me away, crazy! But what done is done, I was ticked initially, but over it now. No point letting grocery shopping string me out!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Isnt that the pot calling the kettle black! I cant believe she told you that you were being rude. I am a pessimist I am not gonna lie but does anyone else notice that customer service is completely lacking in this city? Nobody says excuse me they just push or huff and puff, coupons are a dilemma, thank you isnt in anyones vocabulary and a smile is impossible. I worked in customer service for years and always treated people with respect and politeness. I know customers are ridiculous but its your job to smile, serve me and deal with it. I find Zellers in Tecumseh Mall terrible, Price Chopper, Food Basics and restaurants.

Thread Information