User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Wow. A lovely shopping day with even lovlier people!

RCSS
    An older lady couldn't get her Loonie in the cart... I tried--got it without using her Loonie. So what does she do? Gives me the Loonie--"Thank you! Your cart should be free, too!"... Total MADE = $1!!! (Yes, I tried to say "no, no"... but she insisted!)

Rosenburg blue cheese (sale $2.97), minus $0.50 = $2.47
    bulk chocolate bars (clearance $0.44/100g) = $0.88
    Toy Story beach ball (clearance $1.34), minus 25% sticker = $1
    glitter hairspray (clearance) = $0.44

Total w/tax = $4.91..... used GC from PC Points... FREE!!!

SOBEYS
    mushrooms = $1
    tomatoes = $1.32
    broccoli = $1
    (2) bag of onions -2lb each- ($1 each) = $2 *25 points WUB2*

Total = $5.32... redeemed points for the first time...
    ...........minus $5 = $0.32 OOP!!!

JYSK
    Chatted with a lady (my age) about the awesome clearance deals. I mentioned that I would love the mirror but I take the bus and it would be difficult to get home. SO, she offered me a ride home!

hand sanitizer -500ml- (clearance) = $1
    revolving picture cube (clearance) = $1
    Cristin mirror w/hooks (clearance) = $6.50

SPC Discount (10%) = $0.85

Total w/tax = $8.03

LONDON DRUGS
    (4) Glade plug-in refills (price match WM @ $6 each), minus B2G2, $10 WUB $15, $2 any = FREE!!!

........PLUS $10 MIR = $10 MADE!!!

Tax = $1.20 (but meh, lol)

Attached Images Attached Images    
    This thread is currently associated with: JYSK, London Drugs, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Sobeys, SPC Student Price Card
    Last edited by SmackUTwice; Fri, Nov 5th, 2010 at 10:52 PM.

Smart Canuck GottaLoveFreeebies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Great deals and people stories!!!

That mirror is perfect for my front landing!!!

Trading Score
    343 (100%)

OMG I am in LOVE with that mirror!! Congrats on a great day full of awesome deals!!

Please tell me there were more still on clearance as we're going there tomorrow!! I'd love to pick one up for that awesome price

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

what a great shopping day and how nice of that lady to drive you home!!! super kind of her.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Beautiful mirror. What lady did you have at LD? They won't count my save $10 wub $15 unless what I am purchasing is $15. To them you are only paying $12 for the 2 plug-in refills as you are getting the other 2 free and they don't count. At least this is what they always say to me. Wish it was standard policies between all of the LD cashiers. Oh well. Great deal on the Glade. FREE!!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

great shopping... but one question
    carts cost a loonie at RCSS?!?!?!?! thats insane!! what ever happened to quarter carts??? lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I am highjacking your thread for a moment, bear with me please.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is elderly abuse.

What you did for the older woman may seem to some like nothing but let me tell you that older people, more and more, need our help. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen the elderly struggling with modern gizmos, including my 86 year old parents. They just don't get it and are afraid of it.

Coins in carts, motion sensitve faucets and soap dispensers in washrooms, bank machines, parking meters, everything that we can do blindfolded can sometimes confound them.

I have actually stood there and lectured an entire McDOnalds staff, including the manager, when one of the employees rolled her eyes and let out a big sigh when an elderly woman came out of the bathroom and said there was no soap and water(both motion sensitve).

So thank you for helping that lady and also great deals. WTG

Carry on. LOL

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BFMamaOf2 View Post
    OMG I am in LOVE with that mirror!! Congrats on a great day full of awesome deals!!

Please tell me there were more still on clearance as we're going there tomorrow!! I'd love to pick one up for that awesome price
    Thanks. It was the only one left there--lady that drove me home told me to get it or she would... she was SO SO nice--as was her sister!

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    Beautiful mirror. What lady did you have at LD? They won't count my save $10 wub $15 unless what I am purchasing is $15. To them you are only paying $12 for the 2 plug-in refills as you are getting the other 2 free and they don't count. At least this is what they always say to me. Wish it was standard policies between all of the LD cashiers. Oh well. Great deal on the Glade. FREE!!!!
    Well, I had that nice one... darker hair, kinda tiny... she did say exactly what you argued--but it never crossed my mind cuz we STACK coupons at LD. So even tho 2 are free... you are still "paying for them with coupons"... to me, it makes sense, but maybe it is worth an argument. I guess I got lucky cuz she input the $10 coupon after the B2G2... and said, "technically you aren't buying $15 worth cuz 2 are free, but I'll do it anyway."... I said nothing cuz I wasn't sure... and had understood it to be the way I mentioned earlier... silence wins, sometimes. But I definitely walked away knowing I couldn't do that again, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    great shopping... but one question
    carts cost a loonie at RCSS?!?!?!?! thats insane!! what ever happened to quarter carts??? lol
    Oh it's a cart disaster at our RCSS. They used to be a quarter, but they changed it... and they had BOTH in there for a while--but the loonie carts couldn't unlock the quarter carts... it was a PITA!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I am highjacking your thread for a moment, bear with me please.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is elderly abuse.

What you did for the older woman may seem to some like nothing but let me tell you that older people, more and more, need our help. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen the elderly struggling with modern gizmos, including my 86 year old parents. They just don't get it and are afraid of it.

Coins in carts, motion sensitve faucets and soap dispensers in washrooms, bank machines, parking meters, everything that we can do blindfolded can sometimes confound them.

I have actually stood there and lectured an entire McDOnalds staff, including the manager, when one of the employees rolled her eyes and let out a big sigh when an elderly woman came out of the bathroom and said there was no soap and water(both motion sensitve).

So thank you for helping that lady and also great deals. WTG

Carry on. LOL
    Yes, I agree. Tough world it is for some elderly!! Altho, in the same breathe, I know some that are a magical whiz, LOL!!!

blessedmommy
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Love the mirror!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Great shopping day, I love that someone gave you a ride - what a great day!
    2010: won $4050 in contests! 2011: won $2160 in contests! 2012: won $86 in contests! 2013: won $137 in contests!
    Earned $320 so far in amazon gift cards on Swagbucks.com !
    Check out Cheapniks blog: Living Rich On The Cheap

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Awesome! Love your LD Glade purchases. Great stack!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

kudos for your kindness to the older lady.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Awesome that you could PM then stack on top....had trouble with that at my local LD. They will PM one item to another stores price but then you cannot add one single coupon!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Will the MIR work? Since you got the items for free won't it show on your receipt that you're not out anything? I'd love to know if this works...but somehow I doubt it!

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by christinabay View Post
    Will the MIR work? Since you got the items for free won't it show on your receipt that you're not out anything? I'd love to know if this works...but somehow I doubt it!
    It works. The money is there... whether I payed with cash or coupons. I did this many times for the Tums promo... and Sunlight Green Clean. I've also read of others on here blackening out any other info (coupons, bank #'s)--they just need the info they request--proof it was bought and in the time frame they say... and whatever else they ask for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information