User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Damaged Hair

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

So I've had bangs for a while now. But the heat has finally caught up to them. I have a cow's lick, so I do need to straighten them each day to make them work. I'm wondering what products or home remedies you guys would suggest to help my poor broken damaged bangs!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

what about a straigtening balm you put in when your hair is still wet?

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

ugh, sorry to hear about the cowlick, I have one too, makes me mad lol. Honestly, the best thing for dead hair is a haircut. It will keep splitting up the shaft. I have asked every salon if there was any miracle stuff for damaged hair, they all answered scissors. I think some products can help make your hair FEEL better, but in reality, a good old fashioned trim to rid of the dead ends is best imo Good luck.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

embrace the cowlick!

you can't repair the damage, it's done. you can't totally chop off the damage i'm sure! maybe just change your styling procedure, eventually the extreme damage will grow out, and if you don't damage the new growth things will be ok in 2-3 months (or however fast they grow into fresh new bangs)

maybe just use your dryer and a brush to smooth down the bangs, but not an iron to flatten them. if the cowlick is severe maybe just learn to love styles that still give you a fringe but don't require you to go against the forces of nature

a good stylist should be able to help you try a dif style.

good luck!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The other day I was in line at a supermarket and heard two women talking about their hair. Highlights of your facial hair out a pretty important feature that brings you. Hair care, hygiene and cosmetology involving the hair on parts of the human head is a composite word.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Morrocan Oil products are awesome! expensive but worth it in the end.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

my friend puts moose in her hair when its wet then it styles better when dry
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff! Try it. please use my referral link 90$ in paypal gift cards so far http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Lyssapaquette475

http://www.zoombucks.com/join.php?ref=lyssapaquette475 <- i'm new please use referral

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    Morrocan Oil products are awesome! expensive but worth it in the end.
    Agree! Love Morrocan oil products.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    So I've had bangs for a while now. But the heat has finally caught up to them. I have a cow's lick, so I do need to straighten them each day to make them work. I'm wondering what products or home remedies you guys would suggest to help my poor broken damaged bangs!
    i would recommend a product by Redken called Iron Silk. its is a lightweight flatiron spray that protects your hair from heat damage and also has a light hold to it. a good conditioner is good too, i use Redken's Deep Fuel 1x a week and Pantene mask ( cant remember exact product name but its in a tub ) every other wash.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use Got 2 Be soothing satin drops for my damage. Just a tiny bit works and I use it before and after blow drying if it does not fall well. I deal with dry damage due to coloring , fly away's since its winter and I have cow licks all over my head. A triple mess.lol Yesterday I got my hair cut and I really cut it to try and bring it back to some sort of health. I went from past my shoulders to the cut where it's short in the back and longer towards the front. I didn't like the way my stylist styled it so I'll see what I can do with it today. With all cuts I usually like when it's like 2 weeks old. That's when I find it falls better.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Good luck, .
    I was slowly trimming out all the bad spots from where I've been dying. Took me about 3 cuts, and I'm finally down to 'natural' (just the 1 dye, no bleach). It feels sooooo much softer.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use Say Yes to Carrots hair mask every two weeks. It's paraben free and AMAZING. Pretty cheap too (I paid $8.99). I also use the shampoo but just the hair mask might help you out a lot. I don't straighten my hair everyday (a few times a week) but I do blow dry regularly.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't know any miracle products that actually repair the damage, usually a trim is what is recommended. But with bangs trimming them could end up disastrous! I use Avon's Advanced Techniques Dry End Serum when my ends are feeling dry. It doesn't actually repair them but it sure makes them appear healthy and it leaves my hair so soft. Just use a drop of it otherwise it does get greasy.

I swear by TRESemmé Heat Protection Spray before I blow dry and straighten my hair.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

GoddessDigi ..so far so good but I still have a bit of the fly away's. I haven't bleached mine in awhile and just using one color. I didn't realize till I was in the shower how short it was cut. lol A shocker for sure when I usually don't cut it above my shoulders. Like I said last post will be a good 2 weeks before I will really be able to go...I like it! lol

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I was bleaching mine every month after/during pregnancy, because my roots were coming in black, which.totally weird, cause I've never even DYED my hair black before, much less has it naturally, lol.
    Did some major damage. I like how my hair bounces now, lol. Also it's easier to brush. I got more tangles before.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information