User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired
    To clarify the age requirements and day of the month, I sent an email to OPTIMUM PHARMAPRIX

In the province of Québec, Shopper's Drug Mart goes by the name of "Pharmaprix" ... not to be confused with UNIprix, a competing chain.

HEREWITH a reply received today [FRIDAY, 12 FEBRUARY, 2010]:
    (my email address removed for security reasons):

/ BEGIN QUOTE:
    from[email protected]sender-timeSent at 7:59 AM (GMT-05:00). Current time there: 1:14 PM. ✆to*****@****.***
    dateFri, Feb 12, 2010 at 7:59 AMsubjectRe:seniors discounts?
    hide details 7:59 AM (5 hours ago)

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us. Shoppers Drug Mart hosts a Seniors Discount Day on the last Thursday of each month. To be eligible for the discount, a customer must be at least 65 years of age and present their personal Shoppers Optimum card. Please see your local Shoppers Drug Mart store for any variances in this required age, as our stores are individually owned and operated.

Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Call Centre at 1-800-SHOPPERs should you have any further questions or comments.

Regards,
    Trevor
    Shoppers Drug Mart Customer Service

/ END QUOTE:

HTH....

P.S. I still have a few years to go before I'm eligible
    This thread is currently associated with: Indigo Chapters Coles Bookstore, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Uniprix

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

If you search there is other threads on here with different answers.
    Guess it all depends on which answer you want to go with.

Realistically they aren't going to ask to see ID.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I need to send an email to them so they can confirm that it also includes friends and family members of the senior. It said it in the flyer but the cashier was not going to let me grandfather purchase diapers with his discount cause me a my DD were with him. The funny part was he told me that he wanted to buy the diapers in exchange for me taking him out to run all his errands...He was actually buying them himself for a gift!!!

Sleep Deprived
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daisybear View Post
    I need to send an email to them so they can confirm that it also includes friends and family members of the senior. It said it in the flyer but the cashier was not going to let me grandfather purchase diapers with his discount cause me a my DD were with him. The funny part was he told me that he wanted to buy the diapers in exchange for me taking him out to run all his errands...He was actually buying them himself for a gift!!!
    I don't know what it is about cashiers making up their own rules when they feel like it. One time, I was shopping at SDM with my dad and had no idea that it was seniors' day. When I went to pay for my purchases, the cashier told me that I would get the discount since my dad was with me. She didn't even ask for his ID (he looks old enough ).

You should definitely contact SDM, and if friends and family do qualify, you should also give them the name of the cashier that you dealt with. I don't mind when cashiers follow legitimate rules, but it drives me nuts when they make things up according to their mood of the day.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

At our one shoppers its 55.
    They let me redeem my points on seriors day and gave me the 20% off since she was with me and it was actually for her.

Thread Information