User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Coupon clipping services in Canada

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Murren View Post
    Wow..that is quite the article...does make you almost "terrified" to use coupons...it amazes me what lengths people will go through to commit fraud...
    It does, doesn't it. This person admits to working as a consultant for the manufacturing and retail industry. While it looks like she's informing her audience, she's also trying protect her paycheck. I'll take what she says with a grain of salt.

I mean, seriously, telling the reader not to use a cutter, but instead cut coupons individually with scissors? With the US being the land of lawsuits, it it could be enformed, it would be written on the coupon. The fact it isn't says a lot.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I buy and sell on ebay. Why does it take away from legitimate couponers?? A lot of the people on there take the time to go to the stores, get the tear pads, yes they take a bunch, but trust me the store clerks watch and can limit you to how many you take. It is still time in and a service that people do use.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krempy View Post
    I read this the other day--it has some interesting points about 'purchasing' coupons on eBay and using multiples of the same coupons.

Maybe read this article in full before you consider a clipping service:
    http://www.jillcataldo.com/gang_cut_coupons

Thanks for posting this. It's very helpful understanding why stores scrutinize coupons as much as they do. I still don't understand why gang cutting is a problem when so many tear pad coupons are provided for the taking. I think however the store gets the coupon, it should be reimbursed as long as they have the sales to back it up. I understand they don't want to have anyone profiting from selling coupons but the store shouldn't have to pay the price for it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Panthea View Post
    I buy and sell on ebay. Why does it take away from legitimate couponers?? A lot of the people on there take the time to go to the stores, get the tear pads, yes they take a bunch, but trust me the store clerks watch and can limit you to how many you take. It is still time in and a service that people do use.

I personally feel that taking tear pads for the express purpose of selling the coupons on eBay is an very unfortunate practice. Tear pads are there for all customers to enjoy, not to serve as inventory for peoples' small business enterprises.

I don't understand why people feel it is legitimate to take entire tear pads just because they are 'free'. If a store were giving out free birthday cake and the table was not monitored, who would walk away with 3/4 of the cake??? We all know the birthday cake slices are meant to be shared.
    Last edited by DianneS; Mon, Nov 21st, 2011 at 08:41 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have been buying coupons on ebay for years!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

The problem with someone taking alot of the tear pads to sell then leaves none for those in their area to get. I know often I find tear pads that are empty and many of the stores seem to not have tear pads at all. I wonder if this is partly the reason.
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

Trading Score
    21 (88%)

I decided to buy some lots of coupons on Ebay this past week, because I wanted to see what the point of it was. I bought roughly $600 worth of coupons (various auctions/'buy now') for roughly $8.00, although I would never sell coupons nor would I add buying them to my regular couponing regime but none the less I was curious to see what it was all about.

To buy "mystery lots" just makes no sense too me I was very disappointed in the coupons as they were mostly crappy insert coupons, but after buy a lot of particular coupons (Huggies wipes) I can some what see why someone might decide to purchase them online. It allowed me to obtain a large amount (10 coupons) that I am going to use (my friend is having a baby and I am helping her stack up on baby supplies), I had a need for this coupon and I was unable to find any extra inserts/coupons in my area.

Will I buy again off eBay? no not likely but the process of doing so this week gave me a better idea of why someone may want to, sure you can trade for free here but you are not protected if the person you trade with doesn't live up to their end where as buying off eBay you are protected if something goes wrong and I think for some people getting coupons in a quick and protected manor is more appealing than trusting someone just on the idea that you've sent out your envelope so they will for sure send theirs to you.

** I'm not going to use all the coupons i bought off Ebay, when they all come in this week I will be putting them up to trade!... there is no way I need that many.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by albertagirl1 View Post
    Just curious if there is a coupon clipping service that you can order as many as you like..
    I know from the TLC show that in the US they have them where you pay a fee.. but is there a service like this in Canada. Save.ca etc only allow you 1 of each
    I was doing some searching.. and yes there is e-bay but the prices have gotten crazy recently.. and I found a failed attempt at a coupon clipping service.

I also found a Canadian Coupon Clipping Service that is starting up called WeClip.ca

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Some on SC started this petition to stop people from buying and selling coupons on eBay
    http://www.ipetitions.com/widget/view/427735

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There are lots of coupon clipping service available in the market today. Canadian coupon clipping service is the best coupon clipping service in Canada. You can save money in Canada clipping coupons and using coupons to reduce the overall cost of your everyday purchases.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information