User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Just wondering what you all do as part of your daily skin care routine....

I just turned 30 and am still suffering from the occasional acne breakout...enough already I say (I paid my dues as a teenager) Anyways, I have oily skin and can't find a moisturizer that is good for my skin and does not make me break out.

Right now, I use:

Face wash: Burt's Bee's acne wash & Oil of Olay facewash

Toner: Oil of Olay

Moisturizer: Dove

What do you do?
    This thread is currently associated with: Olay

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    137 (100%)

I am very blessed to have pretty decent skin, knock on wood! I do use the Vitamin C face polish from The Body Shop in the shower everyday and the Vitamin C Skin Boost. I used to do the whole deal when I worked at TBS wash, toner, day/night creams and masks. I do still like masks but just don't find I need it ALL. However my bf does have oily skin and still breaks out too, he uses the Tea Tree line from The Body Shop and Seaweed line too. These seem to work well for him Good luck!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

My skin has been acting up lately too and driving me insane. At 27 I'm ready for it to stop. I just started a new routine. Spectro Jel cleanser, then Clinique Acne Moisturizer and then garnier moisturizer. I've seen an improvement in my skin. I've also been taking a multi-vitamin and apple cider vinegar pills! (trying new things, I'm desperate :p)
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I cannot think of moisturizer off hand - but I can give you some tips.
    Since you have oily skin try and find a "more watery" moisturizer. When you put it on wait a minute for your skin to soak it up then blot the rest off with a tissue. This will prevent your face from looking less shiny and you will not have as unused product on your face.

You said you were looking for a moisturizer that doesn't make you break out? Is the Dove moisturizer a new one? Or have you been using that for a while?

*my routine*
    Exfoliate (Aveeno)
    Cleanse (Oil of Olay)
    Tone (Oil of Olay)
    Moisturize (Aveeno)
    -I do this every morning-

At night I just:
    Cleanse
    tone
    Moisturize

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda83 View Post
    I am very blessed to have pretty decent skin, knock on wood! I do use the Vitamin C face polish from The Body Shop in the shower everyday and the Vitamin C Skin Boost. I used to do the whole deal when I worked at TBS wash, toner, day/night creams and masks. I do still like masks but just don't find I need it ALL. However my bf does have oily skin and still breaks out too, he uses the Tea Tree line from The Body Shop and Seaweed line too. These seem to work well for him Good luck!
    thanks Amanda83 I will have to check out TBS!!

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    My skin has been acting up lately too and driving me insane. At 27 I'm ready for it to stop. I just started a new routine. Spectro Jel cleanser, then Clinique Acne Moisturizer and then garnier moisturizer. I've seen an improvement in my skin. I've also been taking a multi-vitamin and apple cider vinegar pills! (trying new things, I'm desperate :p)
    I feel your pain Wimbly!!! It is so annoying isn't it??? Grrrrrr. Do you like the Clinique moisturizer? Is it expensive? I had not heard of apple cider vinegar for acne...for weight loss...but not acne? Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
    I cannot think of moisturizer off hand - but I can give you some tips.
    Since you have oily skin try and find a "more watery" moisturizer. When you put it on wait a minute for your skin to soak it up then blot the rest off with a tissue. This will prevent your face from looking less shiny and you will not have as unused product on your face.

You said you were looking for a moisturizer that doesn't make you break out? Is the Dove moisturizer a new one? Or have you been using that for a while?

*my routine*
    Exfoliate (Aveeno)
    Cleanse (Oil of Olay)
    Tone (Oil of Olay)
    Moisturize (Aveeno)
    -I do this every morning-

At night I just:
    Cleanse
    tone
    Moisturize
    The Dove one is probably not the best for my skin...it does not say anywhere that it is suitable for oily skin. Plus, it has an SPF in it..wonder if that is the problem???

Thanks for your comments ladies..will have to try out some of your suggestions

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I have acne prone skin...thankfully my scars are healing and not so noticeable anymore like they used to be when I was young.
    Right now (wel for a few years) I used St Ives apricot scrub at night I love it! I have used face washes that cost 50 bucks, special acne ones, normal ones etc and always flared up after a week or so...this stuff rocks and its cheap haha

I usually do not tone but if I do I used clinique toner for oily skin
    and if I moisturize which isnt often I use the clinique one...yellow one? can't remember the name sorry...its light and has yet to cause problems for my skin.

Keep ur routine simple...I find the more I scrub, rub, wash, tug, apply the worse my skin is....

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Yeah, I've been reading a lot lately, and some people claim it helps to clear up their face, so I figured why not! I find the Clinique moisturizer really good, it has benzoyl peroxide in it, so it's drying at first. I started off using very small amount until my skin got used to it. I can't remember what I paid, it is a little more expensive, but I will be using it again!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Mine is:

Neutrogena Acne Wash (orange one)
    or
    a scrub like St Ives apricot scrub for acne
    and then I have this Equate face moisturizer (it's only like 5 bucks) but I'm looking to switch since it's way too light for me during the winter! I need some heavy duty moisturization cuz my skin is a wreak right now

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have terrible hormonal acne so right now I have both an external and internal skin regime and it's been working perfectly (my acne is all gone for the first time in the last 15 years).

Internal
    Zinc
    Fish oil
    Vitamin D
    B Complex
    Estrosense
    Evening Primrose Oil

External
    Olivier Soap (from New Brunswick)- The Acne-Oily Soap
    Lush Dark Angels soap every other day
    Lush Ocean Salt scrub twice a week
    Derma-E Toner Vit A and Glycolic
    Vichy Antiox moisturizer (I mix this in with my foundation)
    Apple Cider Vinegar rinse every few days (when I can remember, haha)

Took me ages to come up with this combo but I'd recommend all of these products!

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I've been trying internal as well. Taking a multi vit and apple cider pills. I tried fish oil, but it gave me massive migranes....What is estrosense and primrose oil?
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Estrosense is a product by Preferred Nutrition or Lorna Vanderhaeghe. It has ingredients like Chastetree to help regulate hormones. If you get hormonal acne (for me, severe breakouts right before my period that clears up a bit afterwards), it could be a sign that your hormones are out of whack. You can also try Chastetree (also called Vitex) on its own as well. I started Estrosense first and found it works quite well. It's a bit pricey so once I'm done this bottle, I'm switching over to pure Vitex since it's quite a bit cheaper and should have similar effects. My doctor suggested I try it because I wasn't interested in going on a prescription acne medication or birth control or something similar.

Evening Primrose Oil is an Omega Oil that is supposed to be specifically good for the skin and hormone issues like PMS. I take 1000mg a day. I just started this two weeks ago and I've noticed a big difference.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i also have oily skin and find exfoliation is very important for keeping acne away.
    i see a lot people using st.ives apricot scrub to exfoliate. this product can actually be harmful to the skin as the granules are not uniformly smooth/spherical and may cause microscopic cuts. i recommend using an enzyme based exfoliator or a gommage exfoliator instead.

my current routine consists of:
    lancome creme radiance cleanser
    olay refreshing toner
    olay definity moisturizer
    cure natural aqua gel
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello all! Been lurking around for a bit before joining the board today

Primarily oily skin (cheeks can sometimes be a bit dry). My skin is also sensitive and quite dehydrated.

I use Avene facial scrub (a few times a week) followed by Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel (usually twice a day). For the day time I tend to follow this Neutrogena Triple Action Gel Treatment and Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45. Lately, because of the cold and dry air, I've been adding Avene's Skin Recovery cream (but I will try La Roche Posay Toleriane.) This has kept acne to a minimum and my skin isn't irritated anymore.

At night I use Avene Diacneal and Cleanance K to treat + Avene Skin Recovery. I imagine when the heaters are no longer running I will not be doing this. I should add that both times when I'm washing my face, I spray with Avene's thermal water. This gives me back a bit of hydration and soothes irritation (nice and cooling.)

If you're willing to fork over the dough, Avene and La Roche Posay are excellent. I used to have major skin problems (rashes, massive splotches of discolouration, thickness, flakiness, raging hormonal acne, 'chicken skin' on my jawline.) I had tried way too many lines (Wal-mart, prescription, health store brands) before and nothing was working. These two lines made the biggest difference.

Trading Score
    355 (100%)

I am 33,and have had acne problems my entire life.I have tried soo many things,spent thousands of dollars.My skin was so oily and shiny it was awful,and there were times i would breakout so bad I would sit and cry.About 8 months ago,I bought Clinique skincare at SDM,as i had not tried it,and well since i was still trying anything I thought i would give it a try.I have bought

Clinique acne solutions cleansing foam(I use in spring/summer)
    Clinique acne solutions facial liquid soap (i use in winter/cold)
    Clinique acne solutions clarifying lotion
    Clinique acne solutions clearing moisturizer
    Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel(sooo nice!!)

Its been 8 months,and I am extremely happy with the results i have gotten from using these.I thought it would dry up my skin too much,make it feel dry and tight,but it hasn't.I still have breakouts here and there,but they are manageable now,and i can deal with that.I find the prices are great as well,and good size products.I absolutly love that SDM sells this line,makes my 20x Points day easier,lol.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Clinique at SDM?? I didn't know!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information