User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

oh my goodness i am so excited about this i could hardly find my way to this thread to spill the news... they are started to dig in may, on oakwood drive(right near niagara square) a Walmart SUPER STORE!!!!

how exciting is this??? holy cow im not going to be able to sleep for a year.. its expected to open in 2011. i CANT wait!! the other one is all the way across town and a complete inconvenience(for me.. with a toddler and no vehicle. bus = transfers 20 min bus ride, cab = lugging a carseat around and 20$, would not walk if it was the last store on earth.. way too far lol) so all in all im totally excited.. this one will be just down the street... WOOHOO!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

orv,

My Bouclair real estate guy told me in July 2009 that Walmart was coming to our side of town. What I was told was that yes, it is a Superstore BUT the old one is closing down. We will still only have ONE Walmart in Niagara Falls. I heard what the old WM will be, but I find it hard to believe, so I'll not quote that. I'm just glad we are finally getting some decent shopping at this end of town (I'm in Chippawa). PLUS that means more traffic for my store....not to mention, the Square is being partially torn down to create a power shopping centre. Outside entrance stores will remain as they are (like Bouclair, Michaels, etc). Will be great to see all this when it is done in a couple years!!

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

oh, and Sobey's is coming too. And a NEW Canadian Tire.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I knew about the Walmart Superstore for a couple years now.. thought everyone did.

A Lowe's outlet store across from the MacBain Community Centre is coming, too.

Last edited by tommygunn; Sat, Mar 13th, 2010 at 06:42 AM.
    FREE PayPal $$ and Amazon Gift Cards!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/profile/tommygunn

Easy way to get Amazon Gift Cards, PayPal $$, and much more! Join MyPoints!
    https://www.mypoints.com?rb=31269562

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

Hey Tommy, my real estate guy said there was a new CT (which we all know would be better if the old CT on McLeod updated LOL) BUT I like the idea of Lowe's coming. There is one in Fort Erie and I always thought Lowe's had good quality stuff at a fair price.

I just commented to my husband Wednesday that I wonder when or if they were ever going to stop pushing dirt and rock around on that site and actually do something?! LOL

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

lol.. sorry yes i had heard about it comming a while back.. but i dont like going by hear say and i actually read about it posted in the news paper yesterday... i also heard the old one will be closed down due to mold???(also just a hear say so dont quote me) i thought that walmart was fairly new. i remember when it was only optomist park there.
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ward.mama View Post
    Hey Tommy, my real estate guy said there was a new CT (which we all know would be better if the old CT on McLeod updated LOL) BUT I like the idea of Lowe's coming. There is one in Fort Erie and I always thought Lowe's had good quality stuff at a fair price.

I just commented to my husband Wednesday that I wonder when or if they were ever going to stop pushing dirt and rock around on that site and actually do something?! LOL
    Yes, I heard a new CT on Niagara Square grounds as well.

You said there's a Lowe's in Fort Erie? Are you sure?

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by tommygunn View Post
    Yes, I heard a new CT on Niagara Square grounds as well.

You said there's a Lowe's in Fort Erie? Are you sure?
    Isn't it on Hwy 3? I never went. I lived in Crystal Beach...thought I got a flyer. Maybe it's Rona? lol Maybe there was one in Sudbury,when I lived there and I'm getting mixed up. But then, maybe I'm crazy...

Just looked on the Lowe's website; not one in Ft Erie. It must be Rona. But there is one in Sudbury.

Sheesh...I don't even drink so I can't even blame it on that! LOL That folks, is called a moment. And I'm only 34 ahaha

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I used to live near the Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Zehrs complex at Dorchester and Morrison, it was a real traffic snarl a lot of the time. Once Wal-Mart moves out, things will probably get quieter in that area traffic-wise, but it's going to be a shame to see another big, empty retail space around town. It seems that the Superstore isn't making any headway on the old Acres lot either. Once Wal-Mart moves, I guess most of the traffic will move with it down to the south end.
    Lowes will be a nice addition, I like to go to the ones in Hamilton and Buffalo, they have a good selection. I wonder if the new Canadian Tire will include a Marks Work Wearhouse like the one in Burlington off the QEW.

Trading Score
    119 (98%)

fan of earl....there is a plan for the Walmart building. They have contracts with their anchor stores too, so you may or may not see the stores there after the move (Reitmans, Staples, etc).

I'll tell you guys....I heard Costco was going in the old Walmart. I don't see this happening. Do you? Out of everything I have been told, it's all true. But Costco? Meh, I don't see it making enough. But hey, who knows!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

looks like i will be on the qew southbound next year
    kind of was hoping they would have just expanded the exisiting Walmart store as it is closer to me but oh well, probably will be shorter drive on the highway anyways.
    Is it going across the highway from the square? i have seen the smart centre signs for some time there and the mighty machines have been levelling for some time.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bucketmouthjohnny View Post
    Is it going across the highway from the square? i have seen the smart centre signs for some time there and the mighty machines have been levelling for some time.
    Yep, that's where it'll be... the land behind that McDonald's

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Welland got a new Rona Store, I would like to see a Home Depot Store instead.

Smart Canucks helps me save money!
    Trade Listhttp://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members...boutme#aboutme
    Win Giveawayshttp://www.noonelikemom.blogspot.com

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had heard that the Wal Mart was changing to a "big box" store a while ago. I believe I read that in the Niagara Falls paper a few months ago. So perhaps it is a Costco. I can't think of any other "big box" store other that Sams Club but I though they all closed up shop in Canada so it wouldn't make sense to open one of those

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When walmart moves they will level their current building. Walmarts never leave a building in tact. Walmart Superstore will be open soon, the other Super Store will be behind the staples in St Catharines (the old franny packers building).

Lowes is going in there, it's a nice store,however it is a bit more expensive then Home Depot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information