User Tag List

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

This is a negative post, so be forewarned.

In regards to the "Double Coupon" event held today and yesterday, and while I am thankful for the opportunity to receive such savings I am disappointed with the way the sale was conducted at my local Pharmasave at 8850 Walnut Grove Drive, Langley, BC.

First of all, I am disappointed that hardly anything in the flyer was available when I arrived at the store Saturday morning. I was not able to find a quarter of the items I had planned to purchase. I am wondering why they would not bother to purchase sufficient stock for the duration of the flyer. To run out after the first day is very disappointing.

Secondly, I spent close to an hour in the store hunting for the items I wanted and when I got to the cashier I was told I could not buy the quantities of things I had selected. Not that I couldn't use my coupons, just that I was not permitted to buy more than the cashier decided she was going to let me buy. These items, specifically Dr.Oetker Added Touch Muffin Mix, and GUM Tooth Brushes did not have any limits posted so I am not sure why I was denied purchase of these? I didn't think the quantities that I wanted to purchase, 6 of each item, were overly abundant. I have 6 people in my house, buying each of us a toothbrush is not excessive in my opinion.

I understand they have to impose limits for some things so that everyone gets a chance, but why could a sign not be posted on the door or on the shelf so that we are aware before we waste our time shopping at this store, and then being embarrassed by the cashier? No where in the flyer, online, or in store did it say limits would be imposed on the number of things we could purchase, or the number of coupons we could use.

Lastly, I think the cashiers need an attitude adjustment in general. It seems as though every time I shop at this store the cashiers never say hello, and their tone is rude and condescending and they seem to have an overall general distaste for their job. I do not appreciate being spoken to like a second class idiot. In fact, the only people who are ever even remotely pleasant are the ladies in the cosmetics section. I am sorry I walked twelve blocks in the snow and 5 below to come to this sorry excuse for a store. I am truly livid, and disappointed to the extent that I am going to take my shopping elsewhere because it's not worth it. I will make sure to suggest my friends, family, and neighbours do likewise.

This thread is currently associated with: Pharmasave
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. The Guildford Pharmasave was great and had limits posted where applicable. I went in first thing Friday morning and got Tide as well as a few other items on my way to work. When I went in today to pick up several other items she said the store had been "crazy" busy. The Guildford location did a great job on this promotion, however I wouldn't be surprised if Pharmasave was surprised by how popular this event was. It's too bad the Langley store is the only one you have access to....sounds like a disappointing trip.

(BTW....your MIR is on its way to you!)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's to bad you had such a terrible time there. Since that store is the only one that you have access to , maybe a call to the manager might help turn those cashiers around to give better service . You shouldn't have to put up with that kind of attitude!.I went to our pharmasave in Sechelt and the cashiers went through the learning process of double couponing with me. It took some time, let people ahead of me,told them about smartcannuck and gave away some coupons and had a very pleasant time. Great store and at no time was I made to feel bad. Your cashiers need to know that the service that they gave was and is not acceptable.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

I went to two locations in Delta and Surrey and was disspointed as well. The Delta one was already sold out at 10am of Tide. I tried a location in Surrey and same thing, no Tide, no mascara and I was told they only get stock once a week. They really should have been more prepared. Even with limits on things, they were already out of products in the morning on Friday.

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

I agree that Pharmasave should have been more prepared. When I went first thing in the morning they didn`t even have their flyers out, prices changed or till in the cash register. I believe that more training is needed over all. And order more stock for these types of promos.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I really don't care for the Pharmasave in Esquimalt either.

At first it seems friendly as the cashiers all look up and greet you as you walk in the front door but soon enough you realize that they are following you around the store with their eyes or even walking by you as you are picking things up and deciding whether or not to purchase the item. They stop to ask if you need assistance at least once every couple of minutes even with simple things like toothbrushes or deodorant. It isn't like they are trying to make the shopping trip easier it is as if they are just waiting to catch you pocket something.

I understand to a point as there is a higher population of drug users in this area of town but as I am well over the 200lb mark I hardly look like I am a junkie. Sometimes I am in there just to do a quick scan for coupons but with the eyes just staring me down I don't even bother.
    Last edited by momof3heathens; Sat, Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:50 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I had a wonderful experience at ours. They were outa puffs and I got the last 2 tides & the last 2 satin shave jells. But my cashier was amazing. So helpful and polite. I was their at about 6 on Friday night.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I sent an email and left a voicemail for them as well. I can hardly wait to talk to head office about my local store.

CAN. HARDLY. WAIT.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

That is too bad that your experience went that way.

The Pharmasave in Estevan was interesting.... The manager tried to tell me that double coupon days was Next weekend. I asked her to show me in the flier. I showed her that it was indeed Friday and Saturday. I was there on Friday afternoon. They had none of the flier items posted with the sale prices. The girls at the front did not know how to do the double coupons and the manager had left right after talking to me (even though I was about to check out). They would not allow me to use coupons that went over the sale price of the item (even by 1c). They would not round down the coupon value, so I got them to put some stuff back since I was not going to buy it for the sale price (without coupons). I still got some great deals on Tide, Head & Shoulders, Old Spice deoaderants, Covergirl and Aveeno lotion.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Feb 27th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

While I truly am sorry that your store did not provide with you with the best shopping experience.. at least they participated. just like most stores.. if a sale is on.. or a special offer is being made.. wtf can they not include every store. i seriously found it very rude and disappointing.

Awesome
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at your store. Luckily all 3 locations I visited were fantastic. I stopped off at one in Burnaby on my way home from Vancouver, and the Guilford & Whalley locations in Surrey. I was at the Guilford location at about 2 or 3pm & they still had Tide. I'm pretty sure they still had Puffs as well. I didn't have any problems at the till whatsoever. I braced myself for the worst, but the cashiers were FANTASTIC.

While I understand that it's disappointing that they were sold out by the time you got there on Saturday, I think you have to keep in mind that a) this chain normally gets very little traffic in comparison to SDM, LD, etc., and therefore their inventory level is substantially lower b) they likely didn't anticipate that this promo would be this popular, and c) it's unrealistic for them to research which coupons are out there & what will likely be hot sellers because of the coupons available. Stores have Tide on for $5.99 all the time & they don't sell out. I don't know how they could have known that they'd sell out so quick.

We just have to be a bit more understanding while they're in the early stages of implementing this promotion. I really hope that they receive more POSITIVE feedback than NEGATIVE, and that the negative feedback doesn't put them off of having these promos in the future.
    Last edited by blawblaw; Sun, Feb 27th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.

Couponing Princess!
    Trading Score
    284 (100%)

I would expect that any negative feedback they receive with regards to this promotion will be useful to them in rectifying the situation before they decide to do this offer again.
    Add me on twitter and I'll add you back! Just mention you are from SC!

@hoppmichelle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    While I truly am sorry that your store did not provide with you with the best shopping experience.. at least they participated. just like most stores.. if a sale is on.. or a special offer is being made.. wtf can they not include every store. i seriously found it very rude and disappointing.

My understanding is that some Pharmasave stores are independently-owned and operated. Those stores could not be forced to participate. The Pharmasave I went to is known in our neighbourhood for excellent pharmacy services. i.e. I get all of my prescriptions there because the pharmacist spends time with customers....it is not just a "prescription filling mill". I wasn't anticipating that his store would participate in the double coupons but was pleasantly surprised.

The same thing happens around here with some of the Dairy Queen specials/promos. The Dairy Queen near me does not participate in these special offers. I would guess that this is because their profit margin may be a little lower than some stores and it would have too much of an impact on their bottom line.

I was actually surprised that there was no limit in most places on the number of coupons we were allowed to use. When the Albertson's stores in Washington state have double coupon days they allow customers to double coupons worth up to $1.00 (i.e. you can get $2 off max.) and only four coupons can be doubled in one shopping trip. I had expected something like that....
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Feb 27th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to the Walnut Grove store on Friday during my lunch break and had a great experience. I had the Merchandise Manager as my cashier though and she was really nice and grateful that I was being patient with them as it was their first time participating. Sorry to hear that yours wasn't pleasant. Also shocked to hear that they wouldn't let you buy 6 especially when there are 6 in your household. That is a little ridiculous.

I was a little upset that even though my head and shoulders coupons stated I could use up to 4 like coupons, they wouldn't let me therefore I was only able to buy the shampoo and had to go back later for the conditioner.

When I went for a second time - this time going to Fleetwood Pharmasave - I was disappointed that they hardly had anything left. I had an expiring coupon for shave gel - could only get one at Walnut Grove the day before - so I went to use it and they didn't have any. I also noticed that they didn't have any Tide left and I was there Saturday when the doors opened so they didn't restock. I also had a $1.00 off Puffs coupon for when I bought 1 box, yet they wouldn't double it to $2.00 and let me purchase 3 boxes. Kind of disappointing but understandable I guess.

Thread Information