User Tag List

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

My DH and I are planning on doing a secret Santa thing for a family but I`m not sure what its called.

A woman came to my work last year and she had a list from some charity I`m assuming? And it had like, Mother, Husband, Son and Daughter on it and a few things of what they wanted for Christmas.

Its a random family that they don`t know

Does anyone know what this is called or who hosts it? Would love to get some more info on it!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It depends on where you live. We have adopted a family for over 20 years.
    In some of the towns we lived in, it was called Christmas Amalgamated, sometimes it is run by the Salvation Army, sometimes the foodbank.

I would phone The Sally Ann and ask. They will likely know who handles this in your community.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

In our area its called "Adopt A Family", and it can be run by many different organizations (in our area usually Mission Services, The Good Shepherd, or Salvation Army).

The schools in my board do it every year so I usually donate through them; each school takes on several families or each class takes a family and posts the lists of what each family wants/needs and all the items are collected in the office and then delivered shortly before Christmas. I know companies and workplaces sign up for them as a large group, but not sure if it works the same way if an individual or single family wants to sign up, but it doesn't hurt to call around to whatever charity organization operates in your area to see if they are doing something similar.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I've done this through the Salvation Army.. and through our elementary school
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I was at sears the other day and they have a tree set up with boy, girl, and age you pick a snowflake with one look on the back and it list one or two things they would like and you buy it and leave it at the store.

Thread Information