User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Hey Guys!!

I tried to go and buy some toothbrushes today and was denied because the item was .99 and I had a dollar coupon that said gst combined in coupon value and it was a no go once again. Im really getting frustrated I do all this work to get these coupons and cant use them at rexall or walmart Im just getting very fed up! Anyone had the same problem in airdrie?

a sad puppy
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus, Walmart

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I usually don't use a coupon if it is worth more than the price of the item. Alot of stores have a problem with this, and its just not worth the fight. But you can still get some great "nearly free" deals by using your coupons on stuff that is on sale. Like Walmart has Adidas deodorant on sale next week for $2.27, use the $2 coupon and only pay $.27. Its not completely free, but its still a really great deal.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It really takes time to shop around and find out which stores are coupon friendly and to know the coupon policy on each one. With living in a smaller community I would suggest building yourself a good reputation as well as a coupon user. Alot of stores and cashiers are used to people who don't know or read what their coupons are for and the conditions printed on them. This makes them leary and assume that coupons are trouble. Once they know you are not trying to pull a fast one on them things usually improve. I have stores that I shop at that the cashiers know me and alot of them don't even look for expiry dates etc because they know I am careful to make sure my coupons are good for what I am using them for. Also Walmart in Airdrie should be getting better with the new coupon policy in place. Have you printed it off of here? Might be an idea to go talk to a manager there and just find out where they stand on it.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I have always had a problem at walmart, so i will go to LD and price match and they have no problems and it seems like each cashier knows the coupon policy.

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Did you take the policy in with you to walmart? I would say nicely but firmly, "so your telling me you don't honor policy for you Walmart Canada"? Well then, I would like your name and number to get to the bottom of this, becuase that is not what head office told me. And then follow thru. Becuase if you do it, you should be able to fix this issue. Right on the policy it states information that he is not honoring. Its very clear. Its worth the effort. If you do fix it, you stand to gain $1000's for your family in the future. If you dont, then you for sure won't gain it. So you gotta decide what you want. I feel for you and how frusterating it must be, but persevere. If you get him to like you, that helps. I would say, hmmm, this is what the policy says and what head office says," what would you do if you were me to correctthis?" you might be surprise, that gives you common ground and he may see it from your point of view.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Walmart is supposed to apply the overages to your bill or give you cash back. My Walmart says they don't give cash back though. I look for items that are less than the coupons to help pay for the rest of my purchase. Walmart will get reimbursed the full coupon amount and so will Rexall so it is ridiculous to not take coupons. I have told people kindly that they are better off taking my coupons than my credit card because with coupons they get a bonus and with my credit card they get charged a fee. Why are people so hard headed about coupons.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

The OP says rexall not walmart so I don't think the policy will help in this situation!!!!

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I shopped at our Rexall the last 2 nights. 2 nights ago the cashier wouldn't let me use a coupon over the price of an item (Olay facial cleansing cloths) and then last night they allowed it on Pampers Splashers so they ended up being free. As far as I'm concerned there is NO CONSISTENCY between stores or even cashiers at the same store. ITS HIT AND MISS! Never give up, just try again!

orv
    Female
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I never use a coupon higher than the value of the product if its the only thing I'm buying. I tend to hide those items amoungst a transaction, so they go un noticed. I never had any issues using coupons at rexall. Infact it was my favorite store, because they allowed me to combine in store coupons with my manufacteur ones. It was awesome!
    Niagara Falls for New years!!! YIPPY!!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

i love Rexall, I used the Colgate $1 off a 0.99 manual toothbrush just the other day without issues. i just 'bought' the 1 toothbrush tho and had other other coupon purchases. I've never had a problem with using coupons there, and the cashiers are always pleasant..

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Yeah see I was trying to buy the toothbrushes for .99 an three is two of us so I had two and bought diapers at the same time and she said nope I don't care what the coupon say it's over the cost of the item so you can't use it for the purchase. I explained to her that the coupon includes gst and showed her wording and she said I don't care I won't be accepting it.. I asked for the manager and she said you can come back later she's at the bank.

I'm such a respectful person and probably the nicest guy ever. This lady I've been there before and she said so your pretty much getting the item free it's like 60 cents in total so upset and angry about it. I shall keep trying and am going to call over today!! This sane cashier I used the wub2 John Frieda coupon and they were a few cents over the cost and she wouldn't let me because the one item was over 5 dollars!!
    Last edited by NewbieCoupon; Wed, Apr 20th, 2011 at 12:14 PM.

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Unfortunately there tends to be a lot of inconsistency amongst stores, but it mainly has to do with the cashiers. Try to read up on their policies. It also helps to contact the store/manager and ask about their policies to make sure this is the case.

Rexall has always adjusted my coupons when there 1 penny over, so I dont see why other stores would not...

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Amanda, she mentioned walmart won't accept them too.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't tried coupons with overages at Rexall yet but I have had trouble at the new SDM in Airdrie (the one accross from McDonald's on the east side). However I have used quite a few at Walmart in Airdrie lately with no trouble at all. If the toothbrush is advertised in the Rexall flyer I would just take it into Walmart and PM. I have been bringing the Walmart policy with me but haven;t had to pull it out yet. I am finding the cashiers seem to be more impressed by my savings rather than upset.

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieCoupon View Post
    Yeah see I was trying to buy the toothbrushes for .99 an three is two of us so I had two and bought diapers at the same time and she said nope I don't care what the coupon say it's over the cost of the item so you can't use it for the purchase. I explained to her that the coupon includes gst and showed her wording and she said I don't care I won't be accepting it.. I asked for the manager and she said you can come back later she's at the bank.

I'm such a respectful person and probably the nicest guy ever. This lady I've been there before and she said so your pretty much getting the item free it's like 60 cents in total so upset and angry about it. I shall keep trying and am going to call over today!! This sane cashier I used the wub2 John Frieda coupon and they were a few cents over the cost and she wouldn't let me because the one item was over 5 dollars!!
    I think learnin to put them in the hot seat in a kind way at the beginning is key. Like for eg say: So can you tell me your reason you will not honor Walmart Canadas corporate policy so that I know what to tell them when I give them your name? And another: show me on here where it says that? Or, you must be new. I would for sure follow thru and call the head office with names and reasons. The quicker you do this, the smoother the transactions will go in the future. They will get trained asap like our walmart did. Some people are just ignorant ( I mean that in the true sense of the word). Uneducated. They have this theory that coupons are ripping their store off when in FACT they earn 3x the amount off of manufactored coupons. I love saying "oh your not ready for that information yet" when they are rude to me. (lets them know they are missing something and they feel stupid) Go above them when they are rude otherwise you will for sure keep running into the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information