User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't understand exactly how this site works, or how all you great sc's score so well. I have tons of coupons for items, but need help!! Anyone willing to help me, I would so appreciate it. I am in the Angus area. Thank you.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Basically for the Barrie "local", any offers or shopping experiences relating to Barrie get posted here. Maybe you have offers or experiences that can apply to any other Canadian city that has a section under the Local tab. There may be questions by SCers in your city or other cities that you may have answers too--explore and read and post.

Coupons tab--where you find out current coupons that available on products or inserts that are coming out in papers/flyer runs.

Brag tab-where you post shopping trips where you used coupons or multiple coupons on items that you have got on sale (flyer specials, grocery store clearance items, special promotions on new items). Some SCers like to show photos of their purchases. You will see lots of acronyms--sometimes you have to read through a thread to find out what they mean i.e. RAOK=random acts of kindness, SCOP=scanning code of practice http://www.retailcouncil.org/advocac...racy02_eng.asp

Finance tab-what bank accounts/deals exist, tax credit information, questions relating to tax returns or personal finances, how to save money (in general or on food or on gas)--quite informative and lots of tips! Also, mentions of things like the Bell Canada rebate on the northern area fee that it had collected for years get posted in this tab.

Freebies tab-SCers post links for offers that you can obtain free, while supplies last or on the specified day. Sometimes you have to sign up for the newsletters in order to get the freebie; sometimes the freebies only require your mailing info for the item. Worth a tour. Reward programs that offer free stuff when you redeem your points get posted here too.

Contests tab-whatever current contests are going on in Canada are posted here. Some contests may be limited to certain provinces or geographical areas. It is a courtesy to indicate by thread title if the contest is limited to a certain area, as well as the frequency of entries (SC provides a drop-down list of options that you click to indicate Once, Daily, Monthly, etc). Some contests might not be available to Quebec residents, as in their province a fee has to be paid to an organization there in relation to prize values. SC has an icon (see below) that shows a red line through the fleur-de-lis (it means not Quebec), so if you were to post a contest link and rules to a contest open to everyone in Canada except Quebec, you would use that icon when creating the new contest thread.

Hope this summary helps you with those tabs on SC (short for Smart Canucks). Check the Blog tab to see any reviews or store offers or events that have been posted and may interest you. Usually there are daily posts so check them often.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

rhondarichardson1 rhondarichardson1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

If you need a hand I can try to help just add me to your friends and message me with questions.

I am new too but find some great deals.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieandSteve View Post
    I don't understand exactly how this site works, or how all you great sc's score so well. I have tons of coupons for items, but need help!! Anyone willing to help me, I would so appreciate it. I am in the Angus area. Thank you.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't figure out how to add you as a friend....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

JulieandSteve, you can place your mouse on the ID of a SC member and left click on the ID. A small menu pops up and one choice is to send a private message>choosing that option will take you to the message box.

Or you can use the User CP (User Control Panel--shown on the burgundy bar at the top of the page when you are logged in) to enter your message area that way. You will have to type or find the name of the SC member you want to send a message to.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CrazyCatLady
    Trading Score
    100 (100%)

I am in Angus as well, willing to trade coupons too!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for all your help everyone!! You are awesome!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in Lisle and am new to couponing. I have a collection of coupons I would love to start trading. Maybe a coupon train or a get-together? Either way, I'm in to work together to save some $$$.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Look in the flyer deals section thurs nights or about then. A list is is put together of all the great deals at each store for that week, They do an amazing job of putting this all together. That's a great place to start, then see if you have the coupons that match up to those items and start saving some serious money.............I't is such a great rush!!! good luck!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

wow there's so many ppl from angus here. i'm in midland but hopefully moving in angus soon. i've been using sc and couponing for about 3 years now. any questions or if anyone wants to meet up say in elmvale or wasaga at tims let me know!!

Thread Information