User Tag List

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SC RULE: Only "bump" trades once a day please

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

Noticed the same thing - as a rule (to myself now ) I update than bump at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by manzervite View Post
    So I've noticed people who in addition to bumping once a day also post whenever they add new coupons to their list instead of simply updating their OP. Since that also "bumps" their thread to the top (conveniently this is done at a different time from their one-a-day-bump) isn't this against the rule? Most claim that it's different but IMO it's the same thing (a bump disguised in sheep's clothing).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    i think even sneaking 2 bumps in wouldn't cause a ruckus

like to bump this post since some people complain about me bumping a post if I am on the third page yes I will bump

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

I've been getting a lot of complaints about over "bumping" trades. Please note that you are only allowed to do so ONCE and only once a day. Lets please make it fair for everybody.

thanks
    i think even sneaking 2 bumps in wouldn't cause a ruckus
    You know Sally, you should either change your first post, or remove the second... The first one sounds like a rule : "you are only allowed to do so ONCE and only once a day''. While the second actually, says..."OK, it's not a big deal, bump it twice". So, could we bump our threads ONCE or TWICE a day? Or maybe it's time to move this thread to expired ones? People are bumping their auctions every two hours, 5-6 times a day...If you bumped your thread early in the morning, at dinnertime, it'll be on the third or fourth page...so, maybe just bump a thread when it's not on the first page?
    Plus, if I got it right it's not a rule, it's just a guideline, so, I think it explains while people don't follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    Update August 1 2011:

Don't be surprised to receive a friendly reminder PM from a mod if you have more than 3 trades threads in this section. Also, keep it to one bump a day please!
    It's a quote from another thread, I know mods are busy people, and have lots to do, but I'm just wondering have you ever sent any friendly reminders about threads' bumping?
    Last edited by NikyK; Wed, Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Maud Wagner of Couponing! cally's Avatar
    Trading Score
    372 (100%)

I was asked to only bump once a day by one of the mod's recently. I only ever would bump say once every 12-18hrs. When I asked about Sally's comment about not being a big deal to even bump it twice I was told that AmberLab's thread states is ONE bump a day PER thread and only three threads. I think what is happening is not only are ppl bumping more than once a day - but have MULTIPLE threads. At one point out of curiousity I clicked on the trade thread to show by thread starter and I saw one trader had over FIVE threads going!!!! Sure....it was only bumped 'once' a day....but that's ridiculous. Just my two pennies.

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post
    You know Sally, you should either change your first post, or remove the second... The first one sounds like a rule : "you are only allowed to do so ONCE and only once a day''. While the second actually, says..."OK, it's not a big deal, bump it twice". So, could we bump our threads ONCE or TWICE a day? Or maybe it's time to move this thread to expired ones? People are bumping their auctions every two hours, 5-6 times a day...If you bumped your thread early in the morning, at dinnertime, it'll be on the third or fourth page...so, maybe just bump a thread when it's not on the first page?
    Plus, if I got it right it's not a rule, it's just a guideline, so, I think it explains while people don't follow it.

It's a quote from another thread, I know mods are busy people, and have lots to do, but I'm just wondering have you ever sent any friendly reminders about threads' bumping?
    *~*~*~*~TRADELIST/WISHLIST~*~*~*~*

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post

I think Sally's statement has been taken out of context. Look at the eyewink at the end of it - she meant she wouldn't mind THIS particular thread being bumped to people's notice.

We receive lots of reports on thread bumping and yes, they are handled on a case by case basis.

For clarification everyone: threads get bumped ONCE a day please.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

OK, I'm bumping it.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

saved from page 8

bump

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

thought I would bump this one too

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

really needs a bump

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

I've noticed that some threads are bumped by other SC members/friends who post positive comments about the auction or trade list . . . not as an offer but simply as a "nice auction" kind of reply. Isn't that what the "like" tab is for? When someone makes a comment as a reply, it effectively bumps the auction/trading thread. (I have no problem with someone who replies "PMing you" or something similar.)

I know, picky, picky, picky but the Kindergarten teacher in me prefers to play by the rules.
    Last edited by lotsasavings; Tue, May 15th, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Tabby40 and K8's Fate like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Bump
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Bump

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

c_mcarthur likes this.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

So many people not following the rules Between auctions being bumped 2 and 3 times a day, traders having more than 3 trade threads,"friends" bumping for you and just plain multiply bumps it is not fair!!!! We all want to be on top and we need to trade fair. I think they should be given warning,then temp. bans and then bans if they keep it up cause it is not just newbies who don't know any better.
    Patty Smyth and mcminsen like this.
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information