User Tag List

Page 10487 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 9487 9987 10387 10437 10477 10485 10486 10487 10488 10489 10497 10537 10587 10987 11487 ... LastLast
Results 157,291 to 157,305 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bulls Eye Guess: 41

Wow! Winner! $3,400

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bullseye guess-41

Winner¡!!!!!¡!!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Winner!!! #41

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kenrod View Post
    Yes, we saw April Wine at the Rose Theatre about two years ago, and the ushers and the band were all sticklers for photography. Not even cell phones. They treated the "grey haired" crowd like a bunch of kids.

Other than that nuisance, the show was good.
    I remember going to concerts and simply enjoying watching and listening to the show. It was about the music and theatre. If I wanted to see a picture I'd hope the Sun or Star would post their review next day. SO much is made of capturing the "moment" with cell phones or cameras that we tend to miss out on the actual experience - I can speak firsthand of this when we went on a whale watching tour in Alaska and my wife saw so much more because I was trying to capture "elusivity" with my camera.
    Just wanted to add my view to the forum.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by The Jester View Post
    I remember going to concerts and simply enjoying watching and listening to the show. It was about the music and theatre. If I wanted to see a picture I'd hope the Sun or Star would post their review next day. SO much is made of capturing the "moment" with cell phones or cameras that we tend to miss out on the actual experience - I can speak firsthand of this when we went on a whale watching tour in Alaska and my wife saw so much more because I was trying to capture "elusivity" with my camera.

Oh, I totally agree with you Jester. Too many people are looking at life though a small screen instead of looking at the big picture. Whale watching is definitely a great example of "if you blink, you'll miss it". I don't go to concerts to take videos, but it is nice to take a couple of pictures here and there. Plus, we were never able to many years ago, and now we can.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, I totally agree with you Jester. Too many people are looking at life though a small screen instead of looking at the big picture. Whale watching is definitely a great example of "if you blink, you'll miss it". I don't go to concerts to take videos, but it is nice to take a couple of pictures here and there. Plus, we were never able to many years ago, and now we can.
    I agree with both of you. I like to take a few pics of the concert, as something to remember, but to spend the whole night behind the camera, no. I came to see & hear the show. It's nice looking back at the concerts I have attended over the years. It's same with drinking. Some come to the concerts loaded & continue when there. By the time the next day rolls around, you don't even remember the concert. Never understood why anyone would want to do that.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Commander:Northern armies rock lobster's Avatar
    No one goes off-trail. No one walks alone.
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Simple.

How low can you go?

Trike-a-licous?

Hang on swoopy, swoopy hang on.

Baggers and big wheels are in.

Last edited by rock lobster; Mon, Mar 13th, 2017 at 02:35 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good afternoon
    Hteam congrats on the Saga tickets win.
    Lee – thanks for posting the Saga pictures
    Rocky – those are nice bikes

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I'm sure we have all heard about the snow coming tonight and tomorrow, I hope there's not too much as I made arrangements to go downtown to the Reference Library to pick up a couple of VIP tickets I won to the National Home /Canada Blooms show. There's also an exhibit I want to see while there. Seen one at Ryerson yesterday on the Riot at Attica Prison, also went to the Gladstone Hotel the other day to see the show my daughter's photography section put on of their photos and went to "The Shaw" to see the Old Car Museum.

Maybe we won't get as much snow as they say, sometimes the amount is exaggerated..............we shall see. I hate saying I'll meet someone and then cancel so I will go unless it is really bad...........

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i agree. if you want to see the concert on a small screen, wait for the video. it's a shame to spend sooooo much money and miss out on the experience.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    I agree with both of you. I like to take a few pics of the concert, as something to remember, but to spend the whole night behind the camera, no. I came to see & hear the show. It's nice looking back at the concerts I have attended over the years. It's same with drinking. Some come to the concerts loaded & continue when there. By the time the next day rolls around, you don't even remember the concert. Never understood why anyone would want to do that.
    i'll never understand that either, H. why get 'blasted' to attend a concert and then miss out on experience?

it's so hard just to get concert tickets and they're so ridiculously expense that when i do get to go, i don't want to miss a second!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cool Lee!

Nice to meed and greet the band. Where was the concert, at the Rose Theatre?

Also, I have been meaning to try Chuck Roadhouse. Thanks for the review.
    No, the concert was in Oshawa at the Regent Theatre... Nice, small venue holding just over 600... We had seats in the 6th row, but any seat in the venue would be a good one....

Quote Originally Posted by habs rule View Post
    Good Morning everyone! I surely hope that the snow stays away but Mother Nature loves to surprise us at every turn. If Father "No Nature" Trump has his druthers, Mother Nature's P#*@# will be grabbed and stuffed under her Burka and sent back to the Yemen, not because he hates bad weather but because he is a misogynist and a racist!

Lee and HTeam I am so jealous that you guys got to see Saga! Another Canadian iconic band. HTeam, when we saw April Wine last year it was the band that shut down any photography and videos. So I would not be surprised that the band themselves told the venue no videos or photos, save for the ones with no flash and those even tend to turn out bad because of the light show behind the bands. This is the new YouTube norm now!
    No, I tagged Michael Sadler in one of my FB posts and commented about "no pictures allowed" and he said "No flash picture". When we commented that this was not the case, he was very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by the H team View Post
    I'm certainly no photographer, but I too like to take a few pictures at a concert for memory sake.... I'm just really surprised that some venues are so strict with it!!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It’s time for us to celebrate Q107’s 40th birthday and we want to hear from you.
    Tell us what Q107 means to you by uploading a video below. It could be a memorable announcer, the music, tickets you won from us and it was the best concert you ever saw.
    We’ll randomly select 40 lucky winners who will win an invite to our Q107 Birthday Bash on Friday, June 2nd at The Phoenix Concert Theatre. One lucky winner at the Birthday Bash will be walking away with $10,000.
    Last edited by heartgirl99; Tue, Mar 14th, 2017 at 05:04 AM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

still waiting for the storm to arrive. nothing north of highway 401........ yet

Today

Snow and local blowing snow. Amount 5 cm. Wind northeast 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 7.

Tonight

Periods of snow and local blowing snow. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind north 40 km/h gusting to 60. Low minus 11.

Wednesday

Periods of snow ending in the morning then a mix of sun and cloud. Local blowing snow in the morning. Wind northwest 40 km/h gusting to 70. High minus 4.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

starts again this morning at 7 for $500
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Thread Information