User Tag List

Thread: price matching?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

How exactly is this done? Which stores PM which stores?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

In Kamloops BC, It's London Drugs and Walmart.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

It's very simple. Find out which stores in your area do so then make sure to have the flyer of the store you want to pricematch and show the flyer to the cashier so they can adjust the price to match. Some stores will only let you pricematch 1 of a particular item so make sure you ask what their policy is. It may be best to either call ahead or go to Customer Service and ask before venturing out to pick up the items on your list. Pricematching is great because you can then use your coupon as well to double your savings.
    Last edited by reallyloveyourstuff; Thu, May 26th, 2011 at 03:27 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The ones that I know of here are Walmart and Zellers. You need to bring the other stores flyer in with you and they will probably want to tear out the portion with the price and description and keep it. Hope that helps. I know that Sobeys and SDM definetly do not price match and I think Superstore will price match certain things like baby items, but don't quote me on that.

NBcouponer
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Walmart definitely does a PM, and I have never had them keep my flyer, they look at it and give it back to me. Canadian Tire also PM, and goes a step further, they'll also give you 10% lower than a competitor's price, check out the sign behind their customer service desk to confirm that though. I have heard that Future Shop also does a PM, however, I haven't put that to the test yet. Zellers does PM as well. Superstore generally advertises when they will match a competitor's price for an item, I have seen it in their flyers every so often...hope that helps!

couponandoff
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Walmart on Northside does not LIKE to pricematch though The cashiers always tell me I have to go to customer service. But now I see it is advertised on their TV commercial so they are probably going to get more requests for it.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I've PM's @ WM Northside and the lady at the cash dug through her drawer, and brought out these slips of paper she had to write the info on.. I've never had to go to the CS Counter. It's a pain, because for each item you're pm'ing they have to hand write out all the info - they have also never kept my flyer... not a pain for me, but some of them huff and puff about doing some manual labor!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know you probably mean grocery type stores, but for electronics I always price match at futureshop. They'll only price match "bricks and mortar" stores, not online only stores, so I usually check out NCIX.com (they always have really great sales) and since they have "bricks and mortar" stores in BC and Ontario, futureshop will still price match them. Plus, they beat the matched price by 10%!

couponandoff
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I actually PM at Walmart Northside with coupons on the weekend with no problems! I had a great cashier!

Thread Information