User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This Wiki post was originally written by Tech_gurl. Feel free to edit this post to update it or add more information.

If you have more coupons than you can count, a coupon organizer binder may be a great solution! It takes a little time to set-up, but it’s time well spent. You need:

• a 3-ring binder (one that zips is best, so your coupons are less likely to fall out).
    • a pack of 3-hole punched (or more) plastic baseball card protector sheets (found at Walmart, etc.)
    • a pack of 3-ring binder divider tabs
    • a zippered bag with a hole(s) to fit on the binder ring(s)
    • a pair of scissors
    • a pen or permanent marker, and
    • a calculator

Then, choose yourcoupon categories. You may want broad categories such as:

• Food
    • Toiletries
    • Baby
    • splurges

Or, you may want more specific categories like:

• Food – Dairy
    • Food – Produce
    • Toiletries – Dental
    • Toiletries – Hair care

Next, label divider tabs (as many as you have categories) and put them in your binder.
    Then, add about two or three baseball card sheets for each category (more can be added later if needed).
    Sort your coupons into their respective categories and place them in their slots.A cheap place to get these is the dollar store.

Include some sheet protectors at the back of your binder to hold the following:

• coupon policies
    • over-size coupons
    • mail-in rebate forms
    • bonus point coupons

Put a calculator, a pair of scissors, and a pen into the zippered bag and attach that either at the back or front of the binder.

Some people prefer to just organize by expiry, thats up to you.

Congratulations, you now have a coupon organizer binder and you’re ready to efficiently tackle your next shopping trip. (Just don’t forget to bring the binder with you... trust me I forget a lot)
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Post moved to Wiki

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks, I just put mine together yesterday but picked up a few more points from your post. Very helpful for this super dad in training.
    Canadian Dad - My life as a Dad. Reviews, Giveaways and much, much more!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, GREAT advice! We were just working on one and needed some guidance - this was very helpful! Thanks! :D

Mom, wife & couponer!! MiltonFreecycle's Avatar
    Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Great thread. Just a note for some (not knocking what you have listed of course) - I personally find with the baseball card holder pages, the pockets are way too small. What I did (saw it demoed on a site somewhere sometime ago) was get the 8.5 x 11 page protectors, put a thin card stock inside it and sew (sewing machine needed of course) a stripe down the center and 2 horizontallly from left to right (each a 1/3 down the page). Using a sharp exacto (sp??) knife, delicately slice an opening just below the 2 horizontal lines (not cutting through the center (vertical) sew. This creates a page with 6 pockets and because of the card stock already in place it is double sided making it actually 12 pockets. I will take a pic of one and upload if I get a chance, to show you what I mean. I love my binder!!
    Last edited by MiltonFreecycle; Tue, Jun 21st, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I find the hockey card size too small for some coupons too...especially ones off cereal boxes. I found page protectors at Staples(on clearance of course!) for holding cds and floppy disks. I think they are 6 slots to a page

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For my binder, I organize all the like items together, then place the pages in the same general order that the isles are organized in my favorite store. This way I know what section to flip to quickly when I shop! I've tried several methods, and this one seems to work best for me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i got my binder and BUSINESS card holder sheets from my local dollar store, i also added one of the zipper pouch the one for pencils, f
    or my binder

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I found some currency holders three four vertical pouches per sheet. They are the perfect size for tear pad coupons. I also found some photo album sheets that hold 4 pictures each. I was able to carefully cut and tape some of them to make sheets that had two large pouches for coupons size size of gocoupons as well
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

FreeBee
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

I just found the sweetest looking thing. It's a coupon CLUTCH bag! So you can sling it over your shoulder, and when you get to the store, it'll open up as a coupon binder!
    http://www.couponclutch.com/index.php

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'm currenty using an old photo ( the kind you slide the photos in) album for all my coupons. It's filling up fast though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Hi everyone! Where did you get your coupon binder stuff for cheap? I think I have to get rid of my little Dollarama folder thingy. Coupons fall out of it and it's already getting stuffed with pens, notebook and scissors. It really can't hold all of my stuff.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did exactly what I saw on a video somewhere which was to make a binder according to expiry date so I have twelve sections and for each month I keep all the non food items in my business card sheets from dollarama at the front of each month and all my food coupons are behind these ones. I love it and I never have to worry about them being expired because I check them so often when I trying to make lists and its very simple. Sometimes it is difficult when you find that deal at the store that wasn't planned, you have to flip through to find it but other than that it works well. I really like the idea of putting a zipper one at the back to hold a pen, calculator and scissors cause I'm sick of digging through my enviro bag and messing up my coupon books to try and find these. Thank you for the great tips and I appreciate all the hard work you guys do to help all of us out with saving money!!!
    Last edited by chrgal; Tue, Jul 19th, 2011 at 08:25 AM.

Trading Score
    266 (99%)

Thanks for making this post!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yay i m so lucky 2 day i m sucessful for sc regisreration after so many tries,,,,,,,,,,,i dont know why it was not going through before but i m feeling so lucky 2day coz i love SC..........thanks for such a nice platform of savings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information