User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been a long time customer and former long term employee at Superstore. I was shocked today by their change in coupon policy, again, within the last couple of days. According to their customer service line and the Abbotsford Store Manager, they will only except 1 coupon per item...period... They will not accept an in store coupon with a manufacturer's coupon any longer. I was a cashier for five years, we were allowed to accept one coupon from each media source. So, an in-store coupon could be combined with an online coupon and a manufacturer's coupon.. I explained to customer service that my shopping habits will be changed and I will start spending more money at London Drugs and maybe Save-On-Food and Walmart. I hope that loyal Superstore couponers will call Superstore's customer service line on their website and tell them how this may change your shopping behaviour. I have a family of five and am now considering moving my families perscriptions and most of our shopping somewhere else. Sadly, AbbyCouponer.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Walmart
    Last edited by AbbyCouponer; Tue, Jun 21st, 2011 at 05:49 PM.

Trading Score
    181 (99%)

That totally sucks!!!

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Me and my DH were told three months ago that we could not use more than one coupon(in-store,coupon zone, manufactor coupon) so i always though that they had this policy. Honestly we live in abby and do most of our food shopping at SOF anyways.

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Bet you any money its strictly because they don't like the work of coupons becuase their in store is pricematching in a way, not a manufactor coupon. Soooo I would like to ADD to what your saying by saying thank you. I will be sure to stop by your store to pick up the coupons and use them at Walmart who will ALSO accept them. I'm sure they won't mind the business.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

WHen will the stores realize that we vote with our wallets. Their loss is another retailers gain. wish we had a London drugs in Ontario!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

wow, that is some depressing knews. well, looks like i'm taking my business to Superstores/Loblaws competitors

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

taxsavey - does Walmart accept the Superstore "Coupon Zone" coupons?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

taxsavey I know that they accept the coupon zone coupons but do you know if we can combine them with a manufacturer's coupon???

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

on another frustrating note...Abby RCSS will only let you have a max of 2 FPC per person!!! I think its only when a certain head cashier is working but its awful! and yes, it was confirmed you can only use one coupon per item. Sure hope they realize they are handling us wise shoppers wrong!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Abby if you move your prescriptions to safeway you get 25$ gift card per prescrition

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

I know, its so sad! I have been shopping and couponing there for years but I was informed of the new policy in a very rude way a week ago and I will not be shopping there again. Safeway and WM treat me much nicer! I like to leave the store feeling appreciated, it makes me want to spend my money there again.

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

Everyone who was used to the old policy should call too, or email them to complain.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Yep I new that happened, it actually was in effect as of last Friday. I used to shop there a lot too, but now, only will pick items with pink stickers, to bad.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

save on foods is more then happy to accept our coupons... and they price match.... target is coming soon and they price match and put out instore coupons and accept manufacturer's coupons on top of that (can't exceed the value of the product it gets adjusted down to the cost of the product) london drugs allows for stacking and one price match, walmart allows for overages... for RCSS to go backwards on this issue is pure sillyness. One the brighter side... we have lots of fantastic options! I used to shop at superstore alot... but i decided a long time ago i go where the deals are to be had... i no longer have brand or store loyalty... because free or close to free tastes rather fantastic.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    save on foods is more then happy to accept our coupons... and they price match.... target is coming soon and they price match and put out instore coupons and accept manufacturer's coupons on top of that (can't exceed the value of the product it gets adjusted down to the cost of the product) london drugs allows for stacking and one price match, walmart allows for overages... for RCSS to go backwards on this issue is pure sillyness. One the brighter side... we have lots of fantastic options! I used to shop at superstore alot... but i decided a long time ago i go where the deals are to be had... i no longer have brand or store loyalty... because free or close to free tastes rather fantastic.
    This really is a step backwards! Just a note on the comments about Target though. It will be interesting to find out how they do with coupons when they arrive. There are lots of complaints in the U.S. about how difficult it can actually be to use coupons at Target (despite their policy). So...hopefully it won't be one of those "it depends on the particular store" scenarios. I can't wait to see and I am hopeful!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information