User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does anyone know if any of the London and area Walmarts will accept CZ coupons? Has anyone had any personal experience with trying this?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

anyone anyone?

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

I personally have not tried. They are not supposed to be taking them so I will not be trying. It is not what the policy says!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amanda4 View Post
    I personally have not tried. They are not supposed to be taking them so I will not be trying. It is not what the policy says!!!

Thanks Amanda - I'd read on here some saying Walmart considered them a competitor coupon and so had taken them, but that seemed like a stretch to me as how the heck would they get reimbursed?? So I was wondering if our local Walmarts viewed them as a comp coupon or not.

I wouldn't try anything outside of a policy - why hurt the stores that are trying to help you??? Plus I used to work for WM way back in the day and it is still one of my fave jobs that I've held, however if they themselves view it as a comp coupon and accept it then I would as they are assuming that ownership.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I'm really confused as to what their policy is on CZ coupons, so I have never tried!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Some people are being allowed to. But what they policy says is that you can use competitors coupons with a price. Like
    $4.50 for swiffer refills. That is considered a price match. Because it has a price on it. but the
    Save $4.50 is just like any other coupon but only for that store. Kind of like unadvertised sales. Well you could not price match those because they are not in the flyer.

Quote Originally Posted by snow00774 View Post
    Thanks Amanda - I'd read on here some saying Walmart considered them a competitor coupon and so had taken them, but that seemed like a stretch to me as how the heck would they get reimbursed?? So I was wondering if our local Walmarts viewed them as a comp coupon or not.

I wouldn't try anything outside of a policy - why hurt the stores that are trying to help you??? Plus I used to work for WM way back in the day and it is still one of my fave jobs that I've held, however if they themselves view it as a comp coupon and accept it then I would as they are assuming that ownership.

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I just used a sobeys coupon and did a pm for the cream cheese at WM hyde park today... no problems at all!!

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hi guys!! I do it ALL THE TIME. I shop at the Hyde Park WM and have never had a problem (except once with a pharma plus coupon) Never a problem with a CZ coupon though. I just used one today for the $3 WUB 3 Kelloggs cereal. I do it weekly, with various cashiers (that's what she said ... (haha).

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been scared to do this, but I think I will test it this weekend. I'll just wear sunglasses and a large hat in case they turn me down.

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Frugalmomx3 - not sure where you are located, but if you go to the Hyde Park Walmart I guarantee your success!! Honestly, I do it every week (as I don't really like shopping at the loblaws, rcss, NF typically). It is no big deal to the cashiers - I have only had one cashier ask me if WM accepts competitors coupons, I told her yes, and she said - "thanks for letting me know, I am not a cashier I am just filling in, I work in the deli." and used the coupon no problemo. You could also print off the WM coupon policy, just for your own peace of mind, as it says right in their policy that they accept competitors coupons. This is where I got my copy of their policy from : http://www..com/canada-store-coupon-policies/

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amanda4 View Post
    Some people are being allowed to. But what they policy says is that you can use competitors coupons with a price. Like
    $4.50 for swiffer refills. That is considered a price match. Because it has a price on it. but the
    Save $4.50 is just like any other coupon but only for that store. Kind of like unadvertised sales. Well you could not price match those because they are not in the flyer.
    I am thinking this issue was just for the Rexall (Pharma Plus) coupons ... or at least that is the only time I encountered trouble. Has anyone had trouble using CZ coupons? I use them weekly and would hate for WM to change their policy in accepting these! I usually PM first and then use the coupons - never ever encountered a problem before ...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Havent tried with cz coupons yet. might try now that others have had success. I used the rexall coupon book at two different wm when it was out. Had to wait for like 30 minutes at customer service to talk to a manager to see if they would honor it though. I didnt want to go shopping and then get to check out and be turned down. I only wanted to as a friend of mine and her friend used them the day before and got such great deals. They rang the items through as a price match. For the shave cream it was save $2.50, so they adjusted the price of each one up to 6 to $.66 each.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Right in WM policy it states that!!!!! They will put a stop to it soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy135 View Post
    I am thinking this issue was just for the Rexall (Pharma Plus) coupons ... or at least that is the only time I encountered trouble. Has anyone had trouble using CZ coupons? I use them weekly and would hate for WM to change their policy in accepting these! I usually PM first and then use the coupons - never ever encountered a problem before ...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Mommy135. I'm in Byron I usually shop at the Hyde Park one. If It wasn't raining and I was afraid of a little frizz in my hair, I'd go this morning. lol

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hey - I am in Byron too!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information